Page 352 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 252302342348349350351352353354355356362402452852 ... LastLast
Results 5,266 to 5,280 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Even if they kill off T’Challa they could easily bring in a new version via the multiverse or resurrect him through Bast and KOTD. So killing Boseman’s iteration of the character off doesn’t signify a permanent end to the story of T’Challa post-BP2.

Which is why I hope that by BP3 we get a recasted T’Challa and if not by then, we get a new trilogy that focuses on him, likely headed up by different creators and supporting characters. The Return of T’Challa would be an insane marketing gimmick after 8-10 years of him off the big screen. It’s far from ideal as a fan, but it’s better than the alternative of Disney committing to never using him again. We’ll see what Disney does I guess.
    Lol. Are audiences even going to care to see T’Challas story continue at that point? A whole generation will (likely) see Shuri as the Black Panther at that point and you know the Twitter mob is gonna raise hell and think Marvel is attacking women by bringing T’Challa back as they’ve demonstrated that they’re ready to wash their hands clean of T’Challa. So really, why bother by that point?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Even if they kill off T’Challa they could easily bring in a new version via the multiverse or resurrect him through Bast and KOTD. So killing Boseman’s iteration of the character off doesn’t signify a permanent end to the story of T’Challa post-BP2.

Which is why I hope that by BP3 we get a recasted T’Challa and if not by then, we get a new trilogy that focuses on him, likely headed up by different creators and supporting characters. The Return of T’Challa would be an insane marketing gimmick after 8-10 years of him off the big screen. It’s far from ideal as a fan, but it’s better than the alternative of Disney committing to never using him again. We’ll see what Disney does I guess.
    I see that angle, but for me death has to mean something story wise and using the multiverse would cheapen that. I prefer that he go missing and return, having had unseen adventures that can later be revisited.

Ultimate Member

Why would a multiverse T'Challa become the main character?

Honestly, I don't believe recasting him for 3 will be better than for 2. At that point, it would feel awkward.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Lol. Are audiences even going to care to see T’Challas story continue at that point? A whole generation will (likely) see Shuri as the Black Panther at that point and you know the Twitter mob is gonna raise hell and think Marvel is attacking women by bringing T’Challa back as they’ve demonstrated that they’re ready to wash their hands clean of T’Challa. So really, why bother by that point?
    You're still worried about Twitter mobs?

Astonishing Member

Why wouldn’t audiences care to see a Rick Famuyiwa directed Black Panther film featuring Trevor Jackson in the titular role with an all-new vision for the world of Wakanda? People are more hyped for Thor 4 than they were for Thor 3, Captain America 4 has massive hype behind it. Blade’s a whole damn reboot and I see nothing but excitement (and hesitation about the lack of R rating) for that movie.

Black Panther will always generate interest, doubly so if it’s marketed as the return of the rightful king after his story was tragically cut short nearly a decade ago. Whether it’s a version from the multiverse, the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda, or just a resurrection, T’Challa’s return would be one of the most hyped things in popular culture history with the right people behind it. I don’t think Twitter will have much of a leg to stand on, especially if some of the female supporting cast from the first movie come along for the ride.

Shuri or whichever woman gets the role would’ve had more than enough time in the mantle and by then, we’ll have Storm spearheading the X-Men, Monica Rambeau Captain Marvel and likely Fallon Grey Blade all in prominent positions. Black female representation won’t solely be left up to Black Panther anymore and Marvel knows damn well T’Challa is enough of a draw to offset any “mob”. Just a hypothetical tho lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gessela View Post
    If they handle this storyline carefully, (not killing the character) the return of T’Challa in a later film could be legendary.
    Pretty much Everyone here is in agreement that BP 3 should recast and they are holding out for that. BP 2 is a bust in regards to T'Challa showing up.

BP 3 should recast followed by a completion of T'Challas story with the new actor for their own trilogy

Ultimate Member

Are we still talking about the same MCU?

And how exactly would he come back?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Pretty much Everyone here is in agreement that BP 3 should recast and they are holding out for that. BP 2 is a bust in regards to T'Challa showing up.

BP 3 should recast followed by a completion of T'Challas story with the new actor for their own trilogy
    What if the second movie makes more than the first and they say "Well, I guess we don't need T'Challa for the third film since he was absent in the second and that made bank"

Then what happens next?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Are we still talking about the same MCU?

And how exactly would he come back?
    I agree with Gessela it’s preferable T’Challa doesn’t die. In that case T’Challa could decide to retire temporarily. But then they’d have to recast T’Challa as older. Not ideal.

They could reveal that in the wake of Thanos’ invasion T’Challa goes on a cosmic journey to discover more vibranium, which may be necessary to deal with more threats. The Wakandans lose contact with their king and he’s presumed dead when in reality he’s been lost in a space anomaly that sends him into the distant future, where he is stuck in the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda. Time moves differently there so they could justify him looking early 30s that way. He’s been gone for what felt like a year when time in the main MCU has moved forward roughly a decade.

Coogler could have it so T’Challa goes into self imposed exile in a state of “living death”. He gets revelations from Bast about some upcoming threat to the world/multiverse and he travels into the Ancestral Plane with his physical body to learn more. He returns armed with new knowledge and a plan.

If T’Challa does die (most likely) they could just say T’Challa was personally revived by Bast via King of the Dead to take on whatever is attacking Wakanda/the world. She needs her greatest champion and T’Challa is more than willing to enter the fray.

They could also say T’Challa dies but that a different version who understands the secrets of the multiverse is marooned in the main MCU continuity. Maybe his Earth is subject to an Incursion and Shuri’s technology draws him to her reality while he’s trying to find a place to settle.

Plenty of ways to temporarily sideline T’Challa then bring him back. In BP3 or a new trilogy.

Ultimate Member

I agree with Gessela it’s preferable T’Challa doesn’t die. In that case T’Challa could decide to retire temporarily. But then they’d have to recast T’Challa as older. Not ideal.

They could reveal that in the wake of Thanos’ invasion T’Challa goes on a cosmic journey to discover more vibranium, which may be necessary to deal with more threats. The Wakandans lose contact with their king and he’s presumed dead when in reality he’s been lost in a space anomaly that sends him into the distant future, where he is stuck in the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda. Time moves differently there so they could justify him looking early 30s that way. He’s been gone for what felt like a year when time in the main MCU has moved forward roughly a decade.

Coogler could have it so T’Challa goes into self imposed exile in a state of “living death”. He gets revelations from Bast about some upcoming threat to the world/multiverse and he travels into the Ancestral Plane with his physical body to learn more. He returns armed with new knowledge and a plan.

If T’Challa does die (most likely) they could just say T’Challa was personally revived by Bast via King of the Dead to take on whatever is attacking Wakanda/the world. She needs her greatest champion and T’Challa is more than willing to enter the fray.

They could also say T’Challa dies but that a different version who understands the secrets of the multiverse is marooned in the main MCU continuity. Maybe his Earth is subject to an Incursion and Shuri’s technology draws him to her reality while he’s trying to find a place to settle.

Plenty of ways to temporarily sideline T’Challa then bring him back. In BP3 or a new trilogy.
    These are possible ideas. Idk how I feel about though. Recasting him later would just make me think "Ok, why didn't they do it in 2?"

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    What if the second movie makes more than the first and they say "Well, I guess we don't need T'Challa for the third film since he was absent in the second and that made bank"

Then what happens next?
    Then T’Challa is screwed on film permanently. Plain and simple. It doesn’t matter how many years pass since Chadwick’s death. The second film making bank will tell Disney that they have no use for T’Challa in any shape or form, regardless of how significant he is.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Then T’Challa is screwed on film permanently. Plain and simple. It doesn’t matter how many years pass since Chadwick’s death. The second film making bank will tell Disney that they have no use for T’Challa in any shape or form, regardless of how significant he is.
    Lol, so not looking forward to this come to fruition

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    These are possible ideas. Idk how I feel about though. Recasting him later would just make me think "Ok, why didn't they do it in 2?"
    Now you see why many were arguing for them to push BP2 back to give people time before a recast. That would’ve been better than all the craziness they’re gonna have to pull to make T’Challa come back in a future film. But then you have to consider the cast.

Maybe it’ll be cathartic for them to send off Boseman’s version of the character and bring back a version from the multiverse. Or for them to have T’Challa be missing in space for him to triumphantly return later. To me I’m ok with it because I eventually get my favorite superhero back but I could see how general audiences could be like “why didn’t they do this before”.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post

Then what happens next?
    Feige has set up the perfect catch 22 then.

If it fails, he'll say "Welp it failed because T'chadwick wasn't in it so we can rest the character and focus on other characters."
    If it succeeds, he'll say "Welp we didn't need T'chadwick after all so we can rest the character and focus on other characters."

Now you see why many were arguing for them to push BP2 back to give people time before a recast. That would’ve been better than all the craziness they’re gonna have to pull to make T’Challa come back in a future film. But then you have to consider the cast.

Maybe it’ll be cathartic for them to send off Boseman’s version of the character and bring back a version from the multiverse. Or for them to have T’Challa be missing in space for him to triumphantly return later. To me I’m ok with it because I eventually get my favorite superhero back but I could see how general audiences could be like “why didn’t they do this before”.
    The cast have made it clear they can’t see anyone but Chadwick in the role so why would they even bother with a multiverse version T’Challa? And again, that’s not getting into all the people to have Shuri don the mantle that’ll go ballistic if that happens.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda