Page 380 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 280330370376377378379380381382383384390430480880 ... LastLast
Results 5,686 to 5,700 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    The problem was the Outriders were using medieval tactics instead of actually advanced alien technology. Really there's no way Earth should've been able to withstand Thanos' attack anyway
    Thanos wasn't there. They just wanted the stone. They knew exactly where it was.

Thanos real army was in End Game... and it was sufficiently big enough (and powerful enough with the ships reigning fire) to burn Earth to the ground
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Their tactics weren't bad, all things considered. They got past the shield without Wakanda knowing and just had to wait out Wanda for Glave to grab the stone.

Given that their usual MO is to wipe out half the locals, their tactics weren't too bad.
    I guess so. I just always thought an advanced alien race would actually used advanced tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Thanos wasn't there. They just wanted the stone. They knew exactly where it was.

Thanos real army was in End Game... and it was sufficiently big enough (and powerful enough with the ships reigning fire) to burn Earth to the ground
    That's true. I guess Thanos was going to win anyway!

Ultimate Member

I guess so. I just always thought an advanced alien race would actually used advanced tactics.
    Their tactics were based on mass murder and disposable soldiers.

And at a certain point, we need to reconcile suspending disbelief with a movie budget

Ultimate Member

And at a certain point, we need to reconcile suspending disbelief with a movie budget
    I guess so. But when I see "aliens", I like to see cool alien stuff like spaceships and lasers!

H2H, running at each other fights are cool. So they made up a situation to cause it. The end lol

I guess so. But when I see "aliens", I like to see cool alien stuff like spaceships and lasers!
    TBF, if you want to make it make sense "in univeres"... they did just witness one of their spaceships explode when contacting the force shield. Space ships were useless here.

They did have the drill things eventually go underground, so they had some tactics beyond an endless supply of unfeeling space dog monsters

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    H2H, running at each other fights are cool. So they made up a situation to cause it. The end lol

TBF, if you want to make it make sense "in univeres"... they did just witness one of their spaceships explode when contacting the force shield. Space ships were useless here.

They did have the drill things eventually go underground, so they had some tactics beyond an endless supply of unfeeling space dog monsters
    I can't imagine the Black Order wouldn't have eventually broken that shield. Of course Thanos may have not given the Black Order the necessary power at the time.

As for hand to hand, it's cool but the MCU relies on it too much IMO. I like seeing more actual powers, like Thanos vs. Strange and Tony on Titan. Or if they do H2H, someone with a distinctive fighting style, like T'Challa

Ultimate Member

Have they ever established what Thanos was, in the MCU?

I mean, was he a big bad conqueror, feared by all? Or a galactic Jim Jones, picking on planets too weak to defend themselves?

I mean, yeah he had some nice toys. But you have to figure, scale up for planetary travel and stuff, he could have just been a crazy cult leader with some genetically enhanced tools. The galaxy is a big place, after all, and crackpots would logically be even bigger. Xandar didn't seem to care much that they had one of his kids in their custody, and Carol never seemed to get a lead on him in her time in space.

The problem was the Outriders were using medieval tactics instead of actually advanced alien technology. Really there's no way Earth should've been able to withstand Thanos' attack anyway
    Wakanda straight up best back Thanos Black order 3 times in the comics before they fell, the first time T'Challa sent dwarf packing licking his wounds utterly defeated, the second and third time had the full might of the order plus Thanos and the lost the second battle and trapped Thanos, the third time they lost because Thanos was locked away on Necropolis instead of elsewhere. WK is no slouch. They should of Mollywhopped the black order, we should of gotten more tactical brilliance for T'Challa.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Wakanda straight up best back Thanos Black order 3 times in the comics before they fell, the first time T'Challa sent dwarf packing licking his wounds utterly defeated, the second and third time had the full might of the order plus Thanos and the lost the second battle and trapped Thanos, the third time they lost because Thanos was locked away on Necropolis instead of elsewhere. WK is no slouch. They should of Mollywhopped the black order, we should of gotten more tactical brilliance for T'Challa.
    I agree Wakanda is pretty tough. But Thanos is probably way more advanced even than them.

Have they ever established what Thanos was, in the MCU?

I mean, was he a big bad conqueror, feared by all? Or a galactic Jim Jones, picking on planets too weak to defend themselves?

I mean, yeah he had some nice toys. But you have to figure, scale up for planetary travel and stuff, he could have just been a crazy cult leader with some genetically enhanced tools. The galaxy is a big place, after all, and crackpots would logically be even bigger. Xandar didn't seem to care much that they had one of his kids in their custody, and Carol never seemed to get a lead on him in her time in space.
    Thor couldn't find who was messing with the stones either. And dudes 1500 years old with a teleporter that can take him anywhere and a best friend who can see everything lol.

I think space is just really really really really really really really really big lol.

Koruth called Thanos "one of the most powerful beings in the universe" which means he at least had a reputation. And he was obviously strong enough to touch more than one infinity stone at the same time. Xandar had a file on him as well.

But yeah... probably means something that Thanos didn't go after asgard until he had a stone lol. And he knew that is where Loki was from and he didn't og there first lol. And he didn't even go for the gauntlet until Odin was dead (hence Etir asking where was asgard to protect them and Thor said Odin was dead)

That is why I kinda like the fan theory that isn't proven by anything that Thanos didn't start to go hardcore for the stones until Odin, The Ancient One, and Ego were dead. Because he didn't want that smoke lol

I can't imagine the Black Order wouldn't have eventually broken that shield. Of course Thanos may have not given the Black Order the necessary power at the time.

As for hand to hand, it's cool but the MCU relies on it too much IMO. I like seeing more actual powers, like Thanos vs. Strange and Tony on Titan. Or if they do H2H, someone with a distinctive fighting style, like T'Challa
    They need to move away from big H2H fights all the time, especially when it doesn't make sense in places like Wakanda, a nation the size of new jersey, more advanced then the rest of the world, would not immediately give up their range, choke point and air support advantage, to fight 4 armed rabid alien dogs this removing all their advantages so now they are overwhelmed by numbers. It's completely idiotic, and this type of combat makes less and less sense as more heroes are introduced with varying powers. They should try and balance it out similar to transformers, on the sense that they utilize their range weapons and the like and integrate it into their close quarters combat.

I agree Wakanda is pretty tough. But Thanos is probably way more advanced even than them.
    So are the Kree, skrulls, etc etc. Yet earth is still around. Again Wakanda beat back the Black order in the comics. You think a nation who's been kept a secret for centuries wouldn't have defensive tech capable of destroying any foe that would try and conquer them? You think camo and a shield would be all they have? That's ridiculous but again, it's the MCU who's big set pieces are about big medieval style slugfests where tactics and strategy go out the window

So are the Kree, skrulls, etc etc. Yet earth is still around. Again Wakanda beat back the Black order in the comics. You think a nation who's been kept a secret for centuries wouldn't have defensive tech capable of destroying any foe that would try and conquer them? You think camo and a shield would be all they have? That's ridiculous but again, it's the MCU who's big set pieces are about big medieval style slugfests where tactics and strategy go out the window
    This is why we need an entirely separate animation Department

Thor saving the day IN wakanda will never be okay with me. And with the only A-list character in wakanda removed looks like that won't be the last time Marvel uses their biggest superstar characters to save the day in Wakanda when a big bad avenger threat comes along again. Unless Kevin Feigie is gonna let Mbaku take down the Thanos' of the galaxy.

Maybe Thor will chant Wakanda forever next time
    Last edited by Ekie; 05-09-2021 at 04:38 PM.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, I was more talking about the MCU

Ultimate Member

They need to move away from big H2H fights all the time, especially when it doesn't make sense in places like Wakanda, a nation the size of new jersey, more advanced then the rest of the world, would not immediately give up their range, choke point and air support advantage, to fight 4 armed rabid alien dogs this removing all their advantages so now they are overwhelmed by numbers. It's completely idiotic, and this type of combat makes less and less sense as more heroes are introduced with varying powers. They should try and balance it out similar to transformers, on the sense that they utilize their range weapons and the like and integrate it into their close quarters combat.
    Really with all the powers at their disposal, there should be a lot more long range combat