Page 383 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 283333373379380381382383384385386387393433483883 ... LastLast
Results 5,731 to 5,745 of 15079

So if any of you were given a chance to give upgrades to T’Challas forgotten villains what would you do?

For Sombre I’d turn his corrosive touch and turn it into full on poison manipulation. He’d also have the ability to turn his body into acid for offensive and defensive purposes (think a poison Hydro Man). He’d also be able to breathe a toxic gas, making him an extremely dangerous opponent.

Baron Macabre: Just make him a full on necromancer. I’d also give him the abilities of a ghost (akin to Danny Phantom).

Madame Slay: She’d stay the same except her ability to control leopards will be upgraded to control all animals in general.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

THey just need a story that doesn't suck lol

Last time they used Baron, the story was crap.

They can have all the powers in the world, but won't mean anything if the story sucks.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Just Kiber the Cruel for me.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    THey just need a story that doesn't suck lol

Last time they used Baron, the story was crap.

They can have all the powers in the world, but won't mean anything if the story sucks.
    Any character can be great as long as the writer knows what they’re doing. I’m just mainly thinking of ways they can be upgraded in terms of power set.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Any character can be great as long as the writer knows what they’re doing. I’m just mainly thinking of ways they can be upgraded in terms of power set.
    Baron makes too much sense... Necromancer vs King of the Dead. The hook is already there.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    So if any of you were given a chance to give upgrades to T’Challas forgotten villains what would you do?

For Sombre I’d turn his corrosive touch and turn it into full on poison manipulation. He’d also have the ability to turn his body into acid for offensive and defensive purposes (think a poison Hydro Man). He’d also be able to breathe a toxic gas, making him an extremely dangerous opponent.

Baron Macabre: Just make him a full on necromancer. I’d also give him the abilities of a ghost (akin to Danny Phantom).

Madame Slay: She’d stay the same except her ability to control leopards will be upgraded to control all animals in general.
    Chief and I have already discussed a idea for Jakkara and Solomon sothars what I would do. Otherwise, long cadaver can control undead... Anything and everything. If it's dead he can bring it to life.

The supremacists would have a costume update and a name change.i like the Baron idea. I would also bring back 6 million year man as well just update his look. His powers are good as is. Maybe he comes back with an army to challenge WK (may make it an event/ avengers level threat)

Basically they all just need to be used in a good story and the rest will happen on its own

Baron makes too much sense... Necromancer vs King of the Dead. The hook is already there.
    It’s a shame that literally nobody who’s written Black Panther before has thought of this.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Nothing to do with the Baron. I think you asked if Thanos would be given armor in Mech Strike? Well here is the cover for #4. Lol. Looks like release date isnt until June 30th.

Astonishing Member

I’d revamp Sombre by connecting him more closely with Serpent Valley and the Resurrection Altar. Instead of being a mere underling of Killmonger I’d like to see a writer reveal that Sombre is an immortal being whose soul and body are permanently bonded to the dark energies long hinted to be the focal point of Serpent Valley’s existence. When the Vb meteorite first fell through the cosmos, a smaller secondary piece of the metal followed it and entered a malicious cloud of dark magic among the stars. Instead of falling close to what would eventually become the Great Mound, this corrupted shard landed directly on a small settlement of Set worshippers.

The sorcerer who would become Sombre was not present when all his friends and family were flattened. He was even more terrified to find that the corrosive energies of the meteorite that had destroyed his life prevented the souls of his community from ascending to a new plane, leaving them in a state of eternal torture. He sought out a young warlord Bashenga, who had the blessing of the Panther god and was unifying Wakanda. He offers to become his greatest war-mage in return for help moving his family into the next realm. Sombre hypothesizes that with enough sacrifices (human and animal) with the help of this Panther God he can send his family. Bashenga accepts.

Years pass and when it comes to deliver on his end of the bargain, Bashenga reneges on his agreement, the sacrifices are too much and he doesn’t trust his friend that the ritual won’t allow Set a foothold in Wakanda. Sombre tries to forcefully steal Bashenga’s blood and spear to perhaps save his family but in their battle near the corrupted meteorite Bast intervenes and condemns his soul to the emerging swamp forming around it. His entire being was bonded to area and he would from then on act as a warden to the black magic, mutated wildlife, and condemned souls found there. His being is attuned to the suffering souls that were lost in the initial meteor strike and the corrosive magic of the area has eaten away at his sanity and body, leaving his nothing more than a vampiric mask. Were his soul to be destroyed, Serpent Valley would spread to consume all of the kingdom.

In his infinite hatred of Bashenga and his bloodline, Sombre has worked with exiled gods (Sekhmet/Ghekre) and trained dark wizards (Baron Macabre/Tetu). He’s limited in his ability to directly take action but can be a strong secondary antagonist. He constructed Resurrection Altar as part of one of his first attempts post-banishment to revive his family. It has been used alternatively as an altar to Set and a nexus point for dark magic in Wakanda in general. He still hopes to one day send his community’s soul to the next plane. T’Challa can never truly kill him, but he can at times render Sombre dormant or convince him that one of his attempts to hurt Wakanda may prevent him from saving his family.

TLDR: Sombre was a sorcerer who’s village was destroyed when a piece of vibranium that was exposed to dark magic landed on top of it. He wants to save his family’s tortured souls so he offered to act as Bashenga’s war-mage and adviser during the latter’s attempt to unify Wakanda under the condition that when the time came a great sacrificial ritual would occur with assistance from Bast. Bashenga reneges on the agreement after becoming king and in a great battle Bast binds Sombre’s body and soul to the area where his community was obliterated. He is forced to act as warden to a swamp where dark magic, mutated wildlife, and condemned souls are vying to break free.
    Last edited by chief12d; 05-10-2021 at 05:44 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Nothing to do with the Baron. I think you asked if Thanos would be given armor in Mech Strike? Well here is the cover for #4. Lol. Looks like release date isnt until June 30th.

This series is Soo much fun

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I swear man... comics is the weirdest business in the world.

"buy floppies and we might get the next issue ina few months"

ugh

Ultimate Member

I swear man... comics is the weirdest business in the world.

"buy floppies and we might get the next issue ina few months"

ugh
    DC and Marvel: New characters and series just don't last, why is that?

Also DC and Marvel: Lets cancel a series at the drop of a hat regardless of how well it is selling. Why? New creative direction! And lets do this every year!

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

Also DC and Marvel: Lets cancel a series at the drop of a hat regardless of how well it is selling. Why? New creative direction! And lets do this every year!
    For mini series like this, i wish they would just finish all 6 issues or whatever and then release them month to month if they want floppies.

There is just about zero incentive to buy individual comics for so many books. Between delays, random art shifts, abrupt cancellations... like wth lol

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

They canceled Spectacular Spiderman cartoon because of this. I'm still upset. Lol.

Ultimate Member

For mini series like this, i wish they would just finish all 6 issues or whatever and then release them month to month if they want floppies.

There is just about zero incentive to buy individual comics for so many books. Between delays, random art shifts, abrupt cancellations... like wth lol
    Comic books are only a business in the most technical sense, I've observed.