Page 4 of 1006 FirstFirst 1234567814541045041004 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Ancient African traditional "New Year" June 19 - 22... when the sun is @ the highest / central point to the equator.

DM drawn in 2013. WHERE DOES VIBRANIUM COME FROM?

2021! Hip, Hip _____! Hip, Hip _____!
    Last edited by Paul Muad'Dib; 01-02-2021 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    This is another Good point. Writer's like to do different takes with T'Challa after each writer and I doubt the next person wants to do more of Coates. Especially because I feel people gave Coates alot of grace Because of his popularity for his work outside of comics that they didn't want to be overly critical. Something a lesser "known" person wouldn't be privy to
    That's true. People gave Coates a lot of leeway that he didn't deserve because he was some "woke" writer that "humanized" T'Challa. Nothing he did could cover up the stench and mess he made of Wakanda and T'Challa.

What's worse is that he tried to expand on that with a bunch of failed solos that landed with a thud.

BANNED

R.I.P. MF DOOM

The Mad Villain

DANGERDOOM - SPACE HO'S (Music Video)

A real life comic anti hero. we all wear the mask.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Evan wrote a really good Wikipedia page, but in terms of actual narrative, I found his writing pretty weak. I'm still not sure what the hell Namor & Doom were doing in the mini, other than servicing fans.
    If I recall correctly, Namor was tracking down traitors against his rule, who also happened to allied themselves with Nigandans who captured Wakandan civilians. Meanwhile, Doom sought to know why T'Challa lured the Fantastic Four to Wakanda, the reasons that Wakanda did not made itself sovereign of the world and he wanted to make an "alliance" with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    That's true. People gave Coates a lot of leeway that he didn't deserve because he was some "woke" writer that "humanized" T'Challa. Nothing he did could cover up the stench and mess he made of Wakanda and T'Challa.

What's worse is that he tried to expand on that with a bunch of failed solos that landed with a thud.
    Honestly it was weird how much people fawned over him. It reminded me of people who want to so hard believe what he was doing was great but on their heart they knew it was Isht but it's the cool thing to pretend that it's the greatest thing to happen to BP since Priest. Like people would really try to hype up his work to the point where its like uh are we reading the same book? Because none of what you said has happened

Ultimate Member

I think a fundamental problem with comic editors is an inability to understand that some skills simply don't translate into comics.

I've read some Coates articles that have nothing to do with comics. He's a skilled and powerful writer.

But as a comics book writer, his best barely reaches Claremont's worst. With Panther, he seems intent on developing every mythos but T'Challa's.

I think editors just rubberstamp stuff by big names, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    If I recall correctly, Namor was tracking down traitors against his rule, who also happened to allied themselves with Nigandans who captured Wakandan civilians. Meanwhile, Doom sought to know why T'Challa lured the Fantastic Four to Wakanda, the reasons that Wakanda did not made itself sovereign of the world and he wanted to make an "alliance" with him.
    I mean more "Why did Narcisse use them (and Winter Soldier) when there are parts of the BP mythos underused?"

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I think a fundamental problem with comic editors is an inability to understand that some skills simply don't translate into comics.

I've read some Coates articles that have nothing to do with comics. He's a skilled and powerful writer.

But as a comics book writer, his best barely reaches Claremont's worst. With Panther, he seems intent on developing every mythos but T'Challa's.

I guess the editor didn't want to be the one to tell Coates no.

That used to be their job but now they're just cheerleaders.

Pretty much this. And it's a shame, because if he had a consultant and an editor who gave a isht, maybe they could of reigned him in and made something somewhat decent out of this entire 5 year's instead of wasting time and giving development to characters no one gives two fraks about

Ultimate Member

I guess the editor didn't want to be the one to tell Coates no.

That used to be their job but now they're just cheerleaders.
    The editors here and at DC have not learned that nasty reality of the direct market.

You can CRAP on X-Men, Wally West, CRAP on Teen Titans, have Superman angry every issue and Batman take in every white kid who is a stay in Gotham. You will see messageboad after messageboard throw fits about it. Yet every Wednesday (or Tuesday) those same complainers are there to KEEP buying it.

That does NOT work with POC lead books. Books that already have folks like the GATORS after them for existing. If that book is BAD guess what happens-it's not getting bought. And store owners while they don't mind the pile of unsold Batman books-they DO mind piles of unsold POC lead books.

If a Black Panther book gets 10 copies ordered at a store. It better sale half or orders go down.

There is a reason Miles, Far Sector, Naomi, Valliant's Shadowman, Farmhands, Secret Six, Ironheart, Excellence, Killadelphia and YES Vita's Livewire at Valiant stayed as long as they have. They were/are books with black leads but they are books with black leads that are GOOD. Spawn is not in the top 100 because it reached 300 issues with a black lead.

Honestly it was weird how much people fawned over him. It reminded me of people who want to so hard believe what he was doing was great but on their heart they knew it was Isht but it's the cool thing to pretend that it's the greatest thing to happen to BP since Priest. Like people would really try to hype up his work to the point where its like uh are we reading the same book? Because none of what you said has happened
    Much like with the Gators attacks on Ms Marvel (among others)-they are going by the idea that no one is reading the book so they can make up what they want. In Panther's care you had folks reading it and more than willing to counter anything posted.

Meanwhile those who have read it and praised it-because it PANDERED to them.

Others the book just promoted what they have been conditioned to see via other media-black misery and black male bashing.

Ultimate Member

Old man moment, what does Gators mean, exactly?

Besides the obvious whiny fanboys against 'SJW', actual representation and all that.

Old man moment, what does Gators mean, exactly?

Besides the obvious whiny fanboys against 'SJW', actual representation and all that.
    I assume it means "'Gaters" as in Comicsgate.

Auto-corrupt is a hell of a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The editors here and at DC have not learned that nasty reality of the direct market.

You can CRAP on X-Men, Wally West, CRAP on Teen Titans, have Superman angry every issue and Batman take in every white kid who is a stay in Gotham. You will see messageboad after messageboard throw fits about it. Yet every Wednesday (or Tuesday) those same complainers are there to KEEP buying it.

That does NOT work with POC lead books. Books that already have folks like the GATORS after them for existing. If that book is BAD guess what happens-it's not getting bought. And store owners while they don't mind the pile of unsold Batman books-they DO mind piles of unsold POC lead books.

If a Black Panther book gets 10 copies ordered at a store. It better sale half or orders go down.

There is a reason Miles, Far Sector, Naomi, Valliant's Shadowman, Farmhands, Secret Six, Ironheart, Excellence, Killadelphia and YES Vita's Livewire at Valiant stayed as long as they have. They were/are books with black leads but they are books with black leads that are GOOD. Spawn is not in the top 100 because it reached 300 issues with a black lead.

Much like with the Gators attacks on Ms Marvel (among others)-they are going by the idea that no one is reading the book so they can make up what they want. In Panther's care you had folks reading it and more than willing to counter anything posted.

Meanwhile those who have read it and praised it-because it PANDERED to them.

Others the book just promoted what they have been conditioned to see via other media-black misery and black male bashing.
    Doesn't even seem like those who it pandered to decided to stick around because they left this piece of isht of a story too.

Thing is, comic reader's don't stick around for that Black misery BS that gets pulled in movie's. People actually like seeing their hero's kicking ass and being shown as powerful and capable

Alloweth me to christen thee properly...

Wakanda.

The Design Group labs.

Things have gotten desperate since the disappearance of king T'challa.

General Okoye, Queen Nakia, Princess Shuri and some random Dora third from the right are the last remaining Wakandans barricaded inside the lab.

Why exactly just these female characters were the only ones left and no other male characters in sight was astronomical to say the least.

(insert Russo brothers wink right about here)

The loud thumping at the door indicated that the enemy was close to breaking in.

Just then... A lone Royal Talon landed on the runway as a figure cloaked in full Black Panther gear arrived.

Dude straight jacked, hacked and slashed his way through the enemy like a BOSS!

(Note: Don't worry about who or what the enemy is or look looks like because this is fan fiction and I aint drawing ish unless you pay me)

Anyway...

The Black Panther arrives as General Okoye releases the barricaded door hatch allowing their hero and savior to enter with full dramatic remix music by Ludwig Gorannson.

General Okoye: "Took you long enough."

Princess Shuri: "Cutting it pretty close there brother."

Queen Nakia: "So what I'm just glad you made it beloved."

Queen Nakia embraces her long lost love and yanks off his mask for a warm welcoming kiss only to reveal...

Luke Skywalker!

Queen Nakia: "WTF!!!"

Suddenly... From out of nowhere the Ludwig Gorannson remix turns into a John Williams classic.

Luke Skywalker: "I'm not here to rescue you I came for Grogu."

Princess Shuri: "Grogu??? Oh you mean Baby Yoda."

General Okoye: "Baby Yoda... Who the FRAK is Baby Yoda!"

Luke points to the cute little green guy that had ben secretly hiding underneath the lab table this whole time... Get it "this whole time"

Grogu/Baby Yoda: "Be-beep coooo."

Queen Nakia: "This is getting very convoluted up in here!"

General Okoye: "That's great but why then are you wearing Black Panther gear and not a standard issue Jedi robe and green light saber?"

Luke Skywalker: "Marketing and product placement."

Princess Shuri: "That settles that... Here take the baby I think he needs a diaper change though."

Luke Skywalker: "You ladies wanna help a brotha out..."

General Okoye: "Nope... I don't do diapers."

Queen Nakia: "Naw, you got that... Washroom is down the hall to the left."

As Luke strolls down the hall with Grogu/Baby Yoda staring at the ladies over his shoulder smiling one silent figure speaks out.

The Random Dora: "So this is what it's going to be like without T'challa... Just random stuff making it up as we go along."

General Okoye: "You shouldn't speak."

Random Dora: "Why not?"

Queen Nakia: "Because then Disney will have to pay you."

Princess Shuri: "Yeah, just stand in the corner, look deeply concerned and point your spear menacingly but do not utter a word."

General Okoye: "Plus you will probably die like some unknown faceless stormtrooper that can't shoot straight anyway but I aint said nothing!"

Happy New Year Wakandans!
    Get Hectic!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

In the interests of getting this back on the first page where it belongs, I'm gonna ask . . . Where do you want to see Black Panther and the World of Wakanda in the future? When I say the future, I mean something like in the setting of Marvel 2099, Avengers 20XX with a grown-up Dani Cage as Captain America, or even DC's upcoming Future State revamp. How do you think the Black Panther and Wakanda overall will have evolved in the future of the Marvel Universe, and how do you envision that evolution?
    The spider is always on the hunt.