Page 401 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 301351391397398399400401402403404405411451501901 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,015 of 15079

Hopefully, this thread will have more positivity. It’s been pretty negative in here for the past couple of years

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    Hopefully, this thread will have more positivity. It’s been pretty negative in here for the past couple of years
    Its been a barbwire laced quicksand trap.
    All smiles for today though

For the comics side of things, maybe.

But for the MCU, probably not I'm afraid.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I’m a bit shocked storm is still involved, since it seems like she was starting to distance herself and already has a big story in the works in the X-Men books.
    There’s a good chance she isn’t relevant in Ridley’s relaunch. This image isn’t confirmed to be a teaser, it’s just a comprehensive look at BP lore through the Coates years. He introduced the space empire, Griot Shuri, the Midnight Angels, and reestablished the BP/Storm romance.

We have no reason to believe Ridley will continue all or any of those concepts, it looks like Ross is paying homage to what came before Ridley. His story sounds nothing like what Coates did with the book and since outside the Avengers none of T’Challa’s actual friends are depicted there’s a strong possibility he’s introducing new allies (both old and OCs) in his story. We’ll need solicits and more interviews before Storm can be considered a factor in the relaunch IMO. Especially since Storm has plans with the X-Men and they already broke up, why break them up just to put them back together less than a year after?

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    There’s a good chance she isn’t relevant in Ridley’s relaunch. This image isn’t confirmed to be a teaser, it’s just a comprehensive look at BP lore through the Coates years. He introduced the space empire, Griot Shuri, the Midnight Angels, and reestablished the BP/Storm romance.

We have no reason to believe Ridley will continue all or any of those concepts, it looks like Ross is paying homage to what came before Ridley. His story sounds nothing like what Coates did with the book and since outside the Avengers none of T’Challa’s actual friends are depicted there’s a strong possibility he’s introducing new allies (both old and OCs) in his story. We’ll need solicits and more interviews before Storm can be considered a factor in the relaunch IMO.
    Here’s to hoping W’kabi and/or Space Nakia can be revived. Hopefully some of T’Challas older rogues like Madame Slay and Baron Macabre can come back as well.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

That was a very good first interview too which makes me optimistic.

As opposed to "the last guy's" first few interviews trashing the entire concept of the character and his history.

Wonder who the wakandan agent in trouble will be.

Maybe Hunter needs bail money lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post

As opposed to "the last guy's" first few interviews trashing the entire concept of the character and his history.

Who knows maybe Malakia might finally come out of limbo.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

On the comic side, it has been more indifference the last couple years in regards to the solo book. While Avengers is at least met with mediocre praise.

Now, if you want to go back further, before the galactic stuff started... sure. But that was beyond a couple years ago.

And on the flip side of that, people were praising MCU stuff instead.

So... you kinda saw the negatively you wanted to see (while complaining about it, adding in more negativity) and ignored any positivity (Rise, BPvsDP, Ghost Panther, Avengers, Avengers Mech, Empyre, BP movie, PantherJack, King in Black, ect).

Now on the movie side... the main actor died and is being written out... is that supposed to bring positive emotions lol?

We have no reason to believe Ridley will continue all or any of those concepts, it looks like Ross is paying homage to what came before Ridley. His story sounds nothing like what Coates did with the book and since outside the Avengers none of T’Challa’s actual friends are depicted there’s a strong possibility he’s introducing new allies (both old and OCs) in his story. We’ll need solicits and more interviews before Storm can be considered a factor in the relaunch IMO. Especially since Storm has plans with the X-Men and they already broke up, why break them up just to put them back together less than a year after?

I'm gonna ride the high of "superhero espionage" vs stressing about a Ross cover.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    IDK if she can due to disputes with Gillis. Unless that got resolved since it was last brought up.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Here’s to hoping W’kabi and/or Space Nakia can be revived. Hopefully some of T’Challas older rogues like Madame Slay and Baron Macabre can come back as well.
    Yea when I think of T’Challa’s closest friends in the mythos I think of W’Kabi, Zuri, and Ross. If you wanna dig deeper into the lore you have that one cousin that died and M’Baku (before he went evil). I’d consider Kasper a close friend as well. I guess nowadays Okoye is in that group too due to her MCU push. Showing T’Challa actually being friends and hanging out with any or all of them would be revolutionary lol.

When was the last time he sat down with someone he’s not sleeping with or related to and reminisced about **** that wasn’t depressing? Shared a genuine laugh and reflected on the good times? We haven’t had wholesome T’Challa in years and if Ridley wants to highlight black joy like his interview seems to hint imma need moments like that to remind us that T’Challa may have his problems but he’s a human being and isn’t that anti-social lol.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

they never broke up chile. been telling you that for the longest lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post

I wanna know where they’re operating and why lol. Did a member of the HZ get captured in Volcan Domuyo or something? I mean the fact we’re getting a story about spies makes me feel T’Challa will be shown to be proactive at least. Maybe this is fallout of something/someone he ordered. And since this espionage things are never as straightforward as they seem. Could easily be a trap T’Challa’s walking into.

I wanna know where they’re operating and why lol. Did a member of the HZ get captured in Volcan Domuyo or something? I mean the fact we’re getting a story about spies makes me feel T’Challa will be shown to be proactive at least. Maybe this is fallout of something/someone he ordered. And since this espionage things are never as straightforward as they seem. Could easily be a trap T’Challa’s walking into.
    It's not gonna happen, but Krakoa makes the most sense....

Extraordinary Member

That’s what I’m hoping

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    It's not gonna happen, but Krakoa makes the most sense....
    Why Krakoa of all places? There’s definitely more immediate geopolitical threats for T’Challa to address before a bunch of mutants that are mostly minding their own business. Though I do remember it being stated they have a policy of regime change for non-treaty nations and we already know that Wakanda has these economic protectorates so that’s bound to come up soon.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was Russia since they seem to be the go to “evil” nation for MU espionage. I’d like to see something in East Asia but that’s highly unlikely as I don’t think we’ve gotten any modern comic stories that cast the Chinese government in a negative light, especially in terms of Africa lol. Atlantis maybe? Like Russia they’ve been going wild internationally in Avengers. America and Britain are good choices too since Ridley was thinking of race when writing this story.