Page 402 of 630 FirstFirst ... 302352392398399400401402403404405406412452502 ... LastLast
Results 6,016 to 6,030 of 9449
  1. #6016
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    272

    Default

    When did Storm and Tchalla break up?

  2. #6017
    Ultimate Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    10,438

    Default

    Do far so good with Ridley on the interview lol. Just the simple fact that he expressed interest and excitement for T'Challa and the fact that he is talking about Joy, hope and positivity is a good sign. We literally haven't had any of that since 2005...

    I think y'all are right. I don't think the cover is showing what's to come in the series but rather showing the scope of T'Challas world currently. I mean we already know the Avengers did t show up at all in the solo yet they are shown her. I think it's touching on his influence. As for Storm? You know what I want Ridley to do? Have T'Challa tell her off (not in some petty way). Essentially tell her, "Look we are from two different worlds, I will always out the safety of my people above all and you will always out mutants first. You will always hold a special place in my heart and I will remember the good times but that is the extent of us. If you call on me to help I will offer my support in anyway possible, but nothing else. I need a partner who has Wakanda on their mind now. Goodbye Ororo" then deuces out.

    No I will always love you, you were the love of my life, sappy simp isht, tell it like it is then move on, like when he annualled the marriage. Then let him have his bros for awhile and then introduce a new LI

  3. #6018
    Ultimate Life Form BlackClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Space Colony ARK
    Posts
    2,367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Do far so good with Ridley on the interview lol. Just the simple fact that he expressed interest and excitement for T'Challa and the fact that he is talking about Joy, hope and positivity is a good sign. We literally haven't had any of that since 2005...

    I think y'all are right. I don't think the cover is showing what's to come in the series but rather showing the scope of T'Challas world currently. I mean we already know the Avengers did t show up at all in the solo yet they are shown her. I think it's touching on his influence. As for Storm? You know what I want Ridley to do? Have T'Challa tell her off (not in some petty way). Essentially tell her, "Look we are from two different worlds, I will always out the safety of my people above all and you will always out mutants first. You will always hold a special place in my heart and I will remember the good times but that is the extent of us. If you call on me to help I will offer my support in anyway possible, but nothing else. I need a partner who has Wakanda on their mind now. Goodbye Ororo" then deuces out.

    No I will always love you, you were the love of my life, sappy simp isht, tell it like it is then move on, like when he annualled the marriage. Then let him have his bros for awhile and then introduce a new LI
    Fingers crossed. Wonder if he’ll introduce new villains as well.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

  4. #6019
    Fantastic Member TrooperCameron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    When did Storm and Tchalla break up?
    Don't know what they are calling it, but in Marauders #13 T'Challa basically took away her ability to come and go into Wakanda as she pleases by destroying the Krakoan gate.

  5. #6020
    Incredible Member KingNomarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    988

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    When did Storm and Tchalla break up?
    In a secondary X book where Storm stole a sword from the most secured place in Wakanda because she didn't want to wait for T'Challa and he wasn't answering cuz of Avengers ish. Said sword is also now responsible for what Wakanda has become and if it left it would mean the end of Wakanda.

  6. #6021
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    When did Storm and Tchalla break up?
    they didn't break up. their relationship was strained at most after she stole whatever the heck that sword was called.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, THE REGENT OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  7. #6022
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    6,973

    Default

    I'm there.

    I hope Ridley does not address ANYthing from the previous run (and going by the "espionage" angle it doesn't seem so) but if, by Beelzebub's Balls he does, at least it will be better written and probably make a modicum of sense.

    With Alex Ross...usually, a cover is just a poster used as a cover...so I'm not reading anything into it. He's not my favourite at all so...I'll wait for the million and one variants.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Planet Arakko, FOREVER!!!

  8. #6023
    Extraordinary Member Holt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    8,603

    Default

    John Ridley taking over is great news. The Other History of the DC Universe has been excellent. And the cover is gorgeous. If that's a sign Storm and the Midnight Angels will be popping up that's good to hear, as Ridley did a great job writing the women in Other History.

  9. #6024
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    19,287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Why Krakoa of all places?
    Because they are actually a potential threat to Wakanda due to pure fire power and the fact a lot of their leaders are well... evil lol (sinister, apoc, mystique, magneto, ect).

    T'challa would want some sort of information on what is going on there.

    The problem with Wakanda being so strong is that you need an enemy that is strong enough to be a credible threat. I don't know if I buy Russian, for example, being an actual threat.

    Of course there are other ficitional nations that would work as well... but I guess it depends on how big this story is. Is this mostly personal to T'challa? Or is this a Wakandan threat sorta thing.
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  10. #6025
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    19,287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    they didn't break up. their relationship was strained at most after she stole whatever the heck that sword was called.
    To be completely fair, their relationship is strained-to-nonexistent in every comic book that Coates doesn't control.

    A very odd situation all around. If anything, clarity would be nice either way.
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  11. #6026
    Ultimate Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    10,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    Hopefully, this thread will have more positivity. It’s been pretty negative in here for the past couple of years
    That was the unfortunate side effects of having spotty good/decent showings of The Character. He only did so much in ultimates, his annual was good, and sound and fury and BP vs DP was fun, obviously the movie was great, as was Rise, AoW Avengers and KiB, and other times he showed up in other heroes books. BUT when the ongoing is slinging constant isht and it was praised to high heavens it really out a damper on the good things because they weren't as consistently around as the solo.

    But now of Ridley is on point I think spirits will be lifted. Of the MCU removes T'Challa for good then I will simply pretend it doesn't exist like I have been since T'Challas last spotting in EG. I will watch his What if then go back to ignoring nthe MCU.


    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    On the comic side, it has been more indifference the last couple years in regards to the solo book. While Avengers is at least met with mediocre praise.

    Now, if you want to go back further, before the galactic stuff started... sure. But that was beyond a couple years ago.

    And on the flip side of that, people were praising MCU stuff instead.

    So... you kinda saw the negatively you wanted to see (while complaining about it, adding in more negativity) and ignored any positivity (Rise, BPvsDP, Ghost Panther, Avengers, Avengers Mech, Empyre, BP movie, PantherJack, King in Black, ect).

    Now on the movie side... the main actor died and is being written out... is that supposed to bring positive emotions lol?




    I'm gonna ride the high of "superhero espionage" vs stressing about a Ross cover.
    Also all of this, especially the underlined
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 05-18-2021 at 11:08 AM.

  12. #6027
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    To be completely fair, their relationship is strained-to-nonexistent in every comic book that Coates doesn't control.

    A very odd situation all around. If anything, clarity would be nice either way.
    Throne had Tchalla grieving over his love in KiB and that was from his own postings in cbr. It wasn't just Coates. Also, it makes no sense to have ororo that large on the first title if she wasn't going to play a part of his new title. The xoffice are just known for being petty when it comes to these two while the bp writers clearly see the two differently.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 05-18-2021 at 11:11 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, THE REGENT OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  13. #6028
    Fantastic Member Toonstrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    262

    Default

    New BP series! YES! That cover is gorgeous. Alex Ross doesn't miss.

    Can't wait to see what we get, Juan Cabal is a strong artists with some of the best transitions in comics. And I've liked most of John Ridleys works.

    Im eager to see how Coates run ends but I welcome a new era.

  14. #6029
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    2,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Because they are actually a potential threat to Wakanda due to pure fire power and the fact a lot of their leaders are well... evil lol (sinister, apoc, mystique, magneto, ect).

    T'challa would want some sort of information on what is going on there.

    The problem with Wakanda being so strong is that you need an enemy that is strong enough to be a credible threat. I don't know if I buy Russian, for example, being an actual threat.

    Of course there are other ficitional nations that would work as well... but I guess it depends on how big this story is. Is this mostly personal to T'challa? Or is this a Wakandan threat sorta thing.
    I see your point. I can buy Russia as either a personal or large scale threat just because we know they have a bunch of super humans they’ve used through the years and geopolitical power isn’t always measured in who has the better armies. There are lots of factors including allies, economic strength, hacking, and objectives, things that with the right story other nations can use against T’Challa. Same goes for most major real-world powers like the US.

    But on a purely power basis I agree Krakoa is right up there with Atlantis and Latveria for nations that could pose a major threat, but my obvious issue with that is it requires cooperation with non-BP/Avengers office creators lol, which is probably why you’re right it won’t happen. At least not this early, a crossover could very well be planned between the X-office and not just BP but all the major heroes of the MU. I’m kinda hoping for a mix of both personal and national stakes for this story. Wakanda’s existence doesn’t have to be threatened but maybe it’s reputation and ability to help its neighbors is while T’Challa deals with personal issues and his friends.

  15. #6030
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    68,800

    Default

    I hope Ridley can do right by T'Challa and his mythos .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •