Page 41 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141541 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    That’s my only criticism of this issue. Where was all this political **** that T’Challa and Nighthawk were doing on panel lol? I wanna see more of that. Like everyone’s been saying for months now, the superhuman arms race between the world powers has been the most interesting subplot in this series. Espionage between the US and a Wakanda-backed Avengers? That should’ve been an arc of its own, but instead Aaron pulls a Hickman and just alludes to the stuff happening leaving us to wonder if/when there’ll be a follow-up.
    Aaron's Avengers is basically a popcorn movie every arc, so it's not surprising he's never gone very in-depth with that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    I guess i need therapy..
    Because he was right
    Except he wasn't... Us Black folks in that can traces our lineage back to africa didn't come from the ones who jumped to their deaths in the ocean...

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    This issue was even better than the one where T’Challa took on Moon Knight imo. Probably one of the best BP-centric issues in years. We got the warrior, intellectual, and political side of T’Challa. Really strong characterization from Aaron. I’m tempted to say he should write the next solo but I’ve been hearing from some posters in this thread he’d go the deconstruction route based on his Thor books. I didn’t finish his Thor so I can’t say for certain but all I know is if we got more of Aaron’s Avengers T’Challa, it’d be the best run since Hudlin’s. Easily.
    I think if marvel told JA to write the BP book and focus on what he is having the character do In the subplots (specifically the Superhuman arms race) and focus in on those characteristics... We would have a phenomenal run from him. Hell if Marvel just told the next team it's time to elevate T'Challa, we could get something great with the right writer

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Alot of viewers came away feeling that way. Its not the viewers fault either. Coogler knew what he was doing and accomplished it. Death over slavery is always going to be considered the more honorable approach. There was no reason to even give him that line anyway since it didn't advance the plot at all or do anything to help the titular character. That doesn't mean the movie was horrible or anything it's just one of many minor critiques I have about where the focus should have been primarily.
    Coolger tossed out the argument that guys like Tommy Sotomayor have said in the past and got death threats over it. On the grounds slavery was a choice.

Jump in the ocean or be a slave.

So now in the sequel we potentially have an anti-hero covered in marks used to keep track of kills as the male hero for black kids. Unless its just a dahlia scene which (again) who would need to speak to him outside of Tchalla?
    How many times have society propped up guys like that? Look at Joker, Venom, Harley, Vadar and even Scarface.

What is Mafia 3 about a black guy killing racist white folks and taking over (depending on what ending you choose).

Who do you expect to be T'Challa's final opponent in this Phoenix Force tournament?

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Alot of viewers came away feeling that way. Its not the viewers fault either. Coogler knew what he was doing and accomplished it. Death over slavery is always going to be considered the more honorable approach. There was no reason to even give him that line anyway since it didn't advance the plot at all or do anything to help the titular character. That doesn't mean the movie was horrible or anything it's just one of many minor critiques I have about where the focus should have been primarily.

So now in the sequel we potentially have an anti-hero covered in marks used to keep track of kills as the male hero for black kids. Unless its just a dahlia scene which (again) who would need to speak to him outside of Tchalla?
    Actually I interpret it as Killmonger's last FU.

Wakanda did nothing during slavery and other atrocities. As misguided as it was to die for that reason it also illustrates the post traumatic slave syndrome.

Coogler actually had another in the movie for him, but it was deleted.

During an interview with Cinemablend, Black Panther editor Michael Shawver revealed that Killmonger's final line was different, and that it caused problems for T'Challa's story. So Coogler cut the line and added an extra scene in reshoots, changing the film's ending for the better.

"With reshoots Ryan wanted to do a new ending, and it's a whole bigger thing with the scene where Killmonger dies." Shawver began. "What we shot originally, and in the script, was Killmonger saying 'It's beautiful, but what are you going to do for everybody in the world who can't see this?' And it was great. It was powerful, it was awesome, but it was problematic for a few reasons. One, we realized that just as a character, for the journey of T'Challa, he can't get the answer to the movie and what he needs to do from the villain - like straight-up exactly what he needs. And that's kind of what was happening. Secondly, it was a great performance, and [Michael B. Jordan] brought it, and it was painful to watch because you kind of don't want this guy to die, but it didn't fit his character."

Ultimate Member

What do you mean late?
    A sling at Trump, now the guy's on his way out.

They did the same this with Bush. Dark Reign used like 90% Bush era symbolism under Obama. Playing it safe, per usual

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    Who do you expect to be T'Challa's final opponent in this Phoenix Force tournament?
    Namor. The foreshadowing is thick.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    yeah they aren't even pretending to hide it lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Killmonger's line is correct if you ignore that a) not everyone thinks death is preferable to slavery and b) many slaves did not willingly jump off the ship but were thrown off.

His line didn't do anything for T'Challa. It was just to express his mindset. Not every line of dialogue is supposed to move the plot forward or develop the main character.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Coolger tossed out the argument that guys like Tommy Sotomayor have said in the past and got death threats over it. On the grounds slavery was a choice.

Jump in the ocean or be a slave.
    Dying is easy. Living is hard.

We're not still here because of the people who took the "honorable death." We're here because of the strong. The ones who took what life threw at them and stood.

300 years ago we had our faiths, languages, cultures and families destroyed were shipped, essentially to another planet like fucking cattle. Cattle who could be raped and murdered and mutilated AT WILL. The people who stood up to that, ANYWAY, who rebelled, who survived, who beat this nation into step with the line it claims to follow, that's who WE are. That's WHAT we are.

Astronauts. Invented JAZZ. President. Vice President. Attorney General. Secretary of Defense. Dominant in sports, in the arts, in fashion. Stellar in medicine, science and invention.

In only a century we went from uneducated underclass to RUNNING this ****. THAT is us. And they fought us at every single step. They're STILL fighting us. Name another subculture what built itself from less than zero into what we are now. I'll wait. You won't find one. Nowhere on this planet or in its history. Nowhere.

Screw Killmonger's whiney ass. He missed the damned point and he got what he deserved.
    Last edited by Redjack; 01-20-2021 at 01:48 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    Namor I hope.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Actually I interpret it as Killmonger's last FU.

Wakanda did nothing during slavery and other atrocities. As misguided as it was to die for that reason it also illustrates the post traumatic slave syndrome.

Coogler actually had another in the movie for him, but it was deleted.
    I actually prefer that monologue over the slave one.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    I actually prefer that monologue over the slave one.
    The editor was fearful of Killmonger being too likable /clean by the end. That monlogue might have been "better" however, the one in the film was more powerful. Its still being discussed to this day (rightly or wrongly)

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Abd I am just hoping, PRAYING, that T'Challa can finally beat his ass down like he so utterly deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Dying is easy. Living is hard.

We're not still here because of the people who took the "honorable death." We're here because of the strong. The ones who took what life threw at them and stood.

300 years ago we had our faiths, languages, cultures and families destroyed were shipped, essentially to another planet like fucking cattle. Cattle who could be raped and murdered and mutilated AT WILL. The people who stood up to that, ANYWAY, who rebelled, who survived, who beat this nation into step with the line it claims to follow, that's who WE are. That's WHAT we are.

Astronauts. Invented JAZZ. President. Vice President. Attorney General. Secretary of Defense. Dominant in sports, in the arts, in fashion. Stellar in medicine, science and invention.

In only a century we went from uneducated underclass to RUNNING this ****. THAT is us. And they fought us at every single step. They're STILL fighting us. Name another subculture what built itself from less than zero into what we are now. I'll wait. You won't find one. Nowhere on this planet or in its history. Nowhere.

Screw Killmonger's whiney ass. He missed the damned point and he got what he deserved.
    Redjack: ^^^

Killmongers ass:

Seriously people need to remember, Erik killed himself so he didn't have to deal with the consequences of his so called "liberation of Black people" because he didn't actually care. He was mad at the World. That last line is powerful but it also showcases his own self righteousness is surrounded by pride and ego. He wouldn't admit he was wrong and that if he really wanted to help he could do so in life and not death, but it was to try and stick it to T'Challa. Erik didn't die heroically or honorably, he took the cowardly route to rid himself of accountability and responsibility