Page 410 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 310360400406407408409410411412413414420460510910 ... LastLast
Results 6,136 to 6,150 of 15079
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    The Midnight Angels are here to stay. Killing off a prominent Black lesbian couple is just a PR disaster waiting to happen.
    Where were those who would be upset at when those two lead Black Panther WOW?

In fact are any of them reading Abbot? Goldie Vance that star black lesbians? Or America's current book?

Marvel has to learn to stop pandering to that echo chamber.

Tired of the yelling by folks who don't buy books.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

In fact are any of them reading Abbot? Goldie Vance that star black lesbians? Or America's current book?

It ain't about pandering. If a writer wants to get rid of the MA, they can go into limbo. It ain't rocket science that the graphic revenge fantasies folks on here talk about would not fly, especially when one of those characters is now better known to the public at large thanks to the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yea that’s exactly what I want for W’Kabi now. Strong emotional beats that lead to somewhat happy endings is a must for this next series. We don’t need Hapoy Pants T’Challa but damn it let the man smile with his friends and family at least once lol. I like Kasper a lot too, I think he brings the foreigner perspective that opens up unique dialogue and themes while also having an organic arc that makes him becoming the primary HZ really logical.

Add to that he also has an established dynamic with T’Challa and some of the story beats we made for W’Kabi can be grafted onto him. Kasper works just as well as W’Kabi IMO but I’m not too picky about who should hold that top spot, as long as someone occupies it lol and T’Challa’s make supporting cast can be revived. I hope Ridley sees an opportunity to build on BP lore/side characters by using them as ways to advance T’Challa’s character and voice.

I see potential set up with that in this first arc with him keeping secrets and having a “true agenda”. What will be the fallout be like when this info inevitably gets out? How do his friends, lover, and family deal with it and how does T’Challa respond in return? Worldbuilding and themes are nice but at the end of the day people pick up these books for character work so hope Ridley delivers in that front.
    yeah, I think Kasper works well too, but honestly due to the fact that he is in the states I feel he works best as THE liason for the HZ in America. And who's to say that he can't have two friends. W'kabi offers us a softer side of T'Challa we have only really seen with Monica and Storm, I want him to show his brotherly bond. Why not have both of them show different angles and themes. Plus isn't Kasper under a different code name?

Didn't Kasper's wife leave him? That could potentially free him up to be more Wakandan based.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Didn't Kasper's wife leave him? That could potentially free him up to be more Wakandan based.
    The last time Gwen was mentioned I think it was said that she kicked him out of his mother's apartment

Kasper needs to ask for a raise next time T'challa comes around.

It is 2021! He ain't working for no $7.50! He's got fed unemployment assistance!

Increase your wages Tc'halla if you want workers!
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Y'all have a better chance getting Martin Freeman as the Black Panther than you do getting the Midnight Angels killed.

BP gonna be in the new Tech-On Avengers mini-series and toyline.

This looks cool good to see that T'Challa is still being used and featured in Avengers

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    The Midnight Angels are here to stay. Killing off a prominent Black lesbian couple is just a PR disaster waiting to happen.
    Just give them the same treatment as some of the older supporting cast where they are never seen or mentioned again.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Nope Marvel will do what it wants and "pander" to whatever audience they want to target. It is their IP after all.

By the way message boards are an echo chamber so I do not know if you meant that they shouldn't "pander" to you too.
    Last edited by Tofali; 05-19-2021 at 11:37 PM.

Ultimate Member

It's only pandering if it's someone else

EZxYQJ9XQAA6BKr.jpg

Mean ash Tchalla

Ultimate Member

Where's that from?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Where's that from?
    It is written Paul Harding Studios on the left corner. He also did a mask on version without the cape.

https://twitter.com/HardingArt/statu...262530/photo/1
    Last edited by XJlock; 05-19-2021 at 09:38 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    It is written Paul Harding Studios on the left corner. He also did this:

https://twitter.com/HardingArt/statu...262530/photo/1
    Cool. The eyes are a bit bigger than usual, or is it just me?

Always impressed when an artist makes me like the cape.