Page 420 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 320370410416417418419420421422423424430470520920 ... LastLast
Results 6,286 to 6,300 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Tv animation doesn't really make money unless they can sell merchandise associated with it. One of the reasons good shows get canceled. When an anime is popular, it boosts the sales of the manga.
    In that case we have nothing to worry about Because we know full well that BP will sell merchandise like no other.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    HZ never got the Dora treatment because there aren't any named HZ outside of a white dude lol
    Kasper, Akili, or resurrected W'kabi given a new role. Take your pick. Have then become the new face of the group. It's baffling when you hear espionage and then see Dora running around as they stand out like a sore thumb lol. They desperately need a points man. I hope Ridley sees the value on them. It's exactly how you raise T'Challas profile and expand his world further
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 05-22-2021 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Brandon Rouths Superman is a recast of Reeves version as Superman returns retcons everything after Superman 2. So recasts within the same universe have happened before.
    And the movie wasn't that good. He did good with his appearance as Superman on the CW crossover. They should have gove the actor a reboot instead of trying to fit it in.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Brandon Rouths Superman is a recast of Reeves version as Superman returns retcons everything after Superman 2. So recasts within the same universe have happened before.
    A sequel using none of the same actors, barely acknowledging the existing content, made 26 years later?

Oh yeah, that's JUST like the MCU!

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I wonder how difficult it would be to retcon those "sheath" users in RJ's KiB oneshot into the new Hatut Zeraze? You could differentiate them from the DM by having them lean more into the tech and ranged warfare than the more traditionalist H2H Dora

Apples & oranges, really. With the exception of the 80's Batfilms, those were all different takes on the same franchise. They weren't "cinematic universes" like the MCU, where the entire POINT was to create a shared continuity. You can't give the MCU credit for putting in the work to create a coherent universe over the course of a decade, and then say "They should be just like the old superhero films!"

None of this is to say they cannot recast if they want to, but you shouldn't say "Hey! We've had 9 Batman actors!" without mentioning they were almost all in different universes.
    I would argue that I think Redjacks sheathes should be the new look of the Wakandan army as that fits more of their army Look. I would then turn around and say that Kasper's new suit should be the new look of the HZ so that they don't look like T'Challa but white and gives them a little more detail and a tactical look (minus the position of that bast awful knife). That way all 3 of those organizations has a specific Look to them.

As for the second part. My deal is that the MCU has had zero problems recastin 4 actors already, and we have seen franchises recast bigger roles (Dumbledore is one who was Recast, Spartacus recast their lead after he passed from cancer and the the 3rd season with the new lead was the most successful of the 3 seasons) so at this point people are just tired of hearing the weak ass excuses, the opinions stated as facts, and the revisionist history surrounding the whole deal.

We've had 4 Jack Ryans' and people have just gone with it despite the character being recast 3 times.

At this point, this topic has me exhausted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    [B] I would argue that I think Redjacks sheathes should be the new look of the Wakandan army as that fits more of their army Look. I would then turn around and say that Kasper's new suit should be the new look of the HZ so that they don't look like T'Challa but white and gives them a little more detail and a tactical look (minus the position of that bast awful knife). That way all 3 of those organizations has a specific Look to them.
    yeah, I'm pretty sure that was a miscommunication with the artist. Lemme try something stupid...

Here's a quick & dirty Photoshop of the costume with a minor change. An artist, I'm not:

Astonishing Member

yeah, I'm pretty sure that was a miscommunication with the artist. Lemme try something stupid...

Here's a quick & dirty Photoshop of the costume with a minor change. An artist, I'm not:

Yea that’s a great look. And I agree with your idea that they should specialize in ranged combat and tech as compared to the Dora who are more traditional warriors. The two organizations can definitely co-exist its just like MOS said, BP needs a point man on the book that sees the value in various facets of the mythos and wants to iron out those important details.

It only helps T’Challa as a character and it enriches the franchise as whole. Hopefully Ridley sees the potential and does the hard work of establishing a face and role for the HZ.

I would make the Dora a domestic group and the HZ the foreign operatives. Both groups would be open to men and women.

I would make the Dora a domestic group and the HZ the foreign operatives. Both groups would be open to men and women.
    male Doras are called the Kingsguard now no?

And HZ being foreign operatives synergizes withthe MCU i suppose. but without the cool outifts lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Kasper Cole Panther TV show with Vlad as tthe villain writes itself

Just gotta find a way to get him the BP suit without being too forced.

Can he take inspiration from his love of Black Panther nad make one out of kevlar instead of vibranium?

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Humm. Even with it upsidedown it looks ridiculous. I think it shouldn't be on his chest at all. Everytime I see it it just screams for an enemy to rip it out and srab him lol.thidnone Looks better. But I think this should be the new HZ Look

Astonishing Member

It makes the most sense. The Dora are the king’s bodyguards and the ultimate representation of his authority over all tribes of Wakanda. So while their primary role is to defend the king’s person and his family, they can be sent anywhere within Wakanda to project his power, whether it be putting down corrupt chieftains or helping fend off an invasion. They are Wakanda’s greatest collection of warriors.

The HZ are the stealth operatives and information gatherers. As opposed to the Dora the HZ are master infiltrators, hackers, and assassins (if needed). They’re primarily based abroad keeping abreast of developments overseas and taking down lower level espionage threats. Though they tend to do their best work completely undercover and always try to avoid direct conflict, when the situation calls on it they have a white, stealth-based suit like the one Kasper has.

It’s not hard to differentiate the roles both organizations can play. It’s just a matter of writers sticking to it. I mean if we can’t handle just 2 specialized branches of the Wakandan armed forces I can’t imagine how hard it’ll be for future writers to handle whatever else gets introduced down the line.

Man, they just gotta pick the main HZ dude and roll with it. Gotta whittle down T'challa's supporting cast so they actual get development and stick.

Some version of Shuri and then Okoye aren't going anywhere. Gotta pick an HZ dude for his third close person and then give him stuff to do.

If its Akili, the so be it. Kasper? cool. ressurect W'kabi? sounds good. Taku? sure why not.

Just pick one.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    It makes the most sense. The Dora are the king’s bodyguards and the ultimate representation of his authority over all tribes of Wakanda. So while their primary role is to defend the king’s person and his family, they can be sent anywhere within Wakanda to project his power, whether it be putting down corrupt chieftains or helping fend off an invasion. They are Wakanda’s greatest collection of warriors.

The HZ are the stealth operatives and information gatherers. As opposed to the Dora the HZ are master infiltrators, hackers, and assassins (if needed). They’re primarily based abroad keeping abreast of developments overseas and taking down lower level espionage threats. Though they tend to do their best work completely undercover and always try to avoid direct conflict, when the situation calls on it they have a white, stealth-based suit like the one Kasper has.

It’s not hard to differentiate the roles both organizations can play. It’s just a matter of writers sticking to it. I mean if we can’t handle just 2 specialized branches of the Wakandan armed forces I can’t imagine how hard it’ll be for future writers to handle whatever else gets introduced down the line.
    How is white a stealth suit?

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post

I mean if we can’t handle just 2 specialized branches of the Wakandan armed forces I can’t imagine how hard it’ll be for future writers to handle whatever else gets introduced down the line.
    Same way they always have...

Ignore everything until it is invasion time and then hav ethe cool costume dudes show up and die lol