Page 421 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 321371411417418419420421422423424425431471521921 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,315 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    How is white a stealth suit?
    HZ suits have stealth tech

Last edited by MindofShadow; 05-22-2021 at 10:01 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Man, they just gotta pick the main HZ dude and roll with it. Gotta whittle down T'challa's supporting cast so they actual get development and stick.

Some version of Shuri and then Okoye aren't going anywhere. Gotta pick an HZ dude for his third close person and then give him stuff to do.

If its Akili, the so be it. Kasper? cool. ressurect W'kabi? sounds good. Taku? sure why not.

Just pick one.
    Shuri, Okoye, main HZ, and love interest. 4 characters as the primary supporting cast. Simple and diverse in function. We don’t need 3 prominent Dora, a revolutionary scholar, 2 different elders, etc. That shit clogs up the story and inevitably ends up turning T’Challa into the lead of ensemble instead of a solo lead. It dilutes the development that can be given to the side characters. It leaves no space to develop villains, who are actually more important than supporting characters.

And frankly most writers don’t know how to handle casts bigger than 5. And I’m not just speaking about comics lol. The bloating of T’Challa’s supporting cast has been one of the greatest sins of the Coates era. You can have an extended cast of Ramonda, M’Baku, and Zawavari but trying to give 6-8 characters development and paneltime on a consistent basis just doesn’t work the majority of the time. Someone’s gotta play backup and wallpaper and it definitely shouldn’t be T’Challa.
    Last edited by chief12d; 05-22-2021 at 10:07 AM.

Ultimate Member

HZ suits have stealth tech

I forgot about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    [B]Humm. Even with it upsidedown it looks ridiculous. I think it shouldn't be on his chest at all. Everytime I see it it just screams for an enemy to rip it out and srab him lol.
    Well, I've seen knives sheathed like that before. For example:

It's very "tacticool".

Man, they just gotta pick the main HZ dude and roll with it. Gotta whittle down T'challa's supporting cast so they actual get development and stick.

Some version of Shuri and then Okoye aren't going anywhere. Gotta pick an HZ dude for his third close person and then give him stuff to do.

If its Akili, the so be it. Kasper? cool. ressurect W'kabi? sounds good. Taku? sure why not.

Just pick one.
    Kasper has always gotten my vote. It just makes SENSE.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    It makes the most sense. The Dora are the king’s bodyguards and the ultimate representation of his authority over all tribes of Wakanda. So while their primary role is to defend the king’s person and his family, they can be sent anywhere within Wakanda to project his power, whether it be putting down corrupt chieftains or helping fend off an invasion. They are Wakanda’s greatest collection of warriors.

The HZ are the stealth operatives and information gatherers. As opposed to the Dora the HZ are master infiltrators, hackers, and assassins (if needed). They’re primarily based abroad keeping abreast of developments overseas and taking down lower level espionage threats. Though they tend to do their best work completely undercover and always try to avoid direct conflict, when the situation calls on it they have a white, stealth-based suit like the one Kasper has.

It’s not hard to differentiate the roles both organizations can play. It’s just a matter of writers sticking to it. I mean if we can’t handle just 2 specialized branches of the Wakandan armed forces I can’t imagine how hard it’ll be for future writers to handle whatever else gets introduced down the line.
    I tend to like the HZ being able to be featured as a kind of spec ops group as well like Navy seals on steroids, Tier 1 operatives. The HZ can be male and female but mainly males are what make it up. At this point I don't see how the DM can be male and female as it's pretty much cemented as a all female group. I would make W'kabi the face of the HZ. His team is Akili, Kasper, a OC named B'Bari (yes it's who we have all been waiting for to show up, back hand Barry) and the female HZ seen in Conan crossover. So a team of 5 this is the primary group we follow. W'kabi is the face and these guy's are the ones we mainly follow follow when the HZ are involved.

I think the problem is the lack of s designed role. Broken down like you have here you have set parameters to keep people in their lanes. That's the only way to make it work

Just pick one.
    Shuri, Okoye, Love interest (either a revived space Nakia or someone new), either Kasper or Akili as the head HZ, M’Baku as the frenemy, and maybe a pet (probably a revived Preyy that turns on Killmonger lol).
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Shuri, Okoye, main HZ, and love interest. 4 characters as the primary supporting cast. Simple and diverse in function. We don’t need 3 prominent Dora, a revolutionary scholar, 2 different elders, etc. That shit clogs up the story and inevitably ends up turning T’Challa into the lead of ensemble instead of a solo lead. It dilutes the development that can be given to the side characters. It leaves no space to develop villains, who are actually more important than supporting characters.

And frankly most writers don’t know how to handle casts bigger than 5. And I’m not just speaking about comics lol. The bloating of T’Challa’s supporting cast has been one of the greatest sins of the Coates era. You can have an extended cast of Ramonda, M’Baku, and Zawavari but trying to give 6-8 characters development and paneltime on a consistent basis just doesn’t work the majority of the time. Someone’s gotta play backup and wallpaper and it definitely shouldn’t be T’Challa.
    Yep, keep it tight and actually develop them.

Anyone else that shows up is mostly for cameo appearance fun stuff. Gonna do a magic story? Sure, throw Zawavari's old ass in for an arc... but then he goes back to limbo where he belongs lol. Does T'challa need to talk his mom once every 12 issues for a "this is the heaviness of the crown" pep talk? Sure, I can tak ea cople panels of that once a year.

Other than that... you got his sister for family banter and then either tech or alchemy (whatever they are doing with her now), okoye for bodyguard/action sidekick, lead Doras during war stories, then main HZ dude for outside of Wakanda missions/action sidekick and lead the HZ during war stories.

All other development goes to rogues and LI.

You don't need a cast of T'challa, Ramonda, Shuri, Akili, Hodari, Chang, Ayo, Aneka, Storm, Eden, Zawavari, Thunderball, Vibraxas, Light Chick lol, QDJ, Okoye, Kasper, Force Ghost Panthers, "Mother," (plus guest appearance by the Crew) in 24 issues man lol. That's stupid.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 05-22-2021 at 10:46 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Well, I've seen knives sheathed like that before. For example:

It's very "tacticool".
    I think the problem is artist are looking at Wakanda with a western lense and using that as then basis for their tact gear. The should be looking at futuristic fantasy as the baseline. Since their creation, with the exception of Hickman I believe, the HZ have been shown using very conventional firearms, from bullpup design's to recently they are shown using M16s. Hickman was the only one showing them using futuristic tech as their gun shot heated laser beams capable of firing underwater. The only flaw was that they were big and bulky as hell. So why would the HZ have standard knives on their person? They should be retractable blades that you don't even see, and energy blades at that so they can cut through most metal's.

This should be their guns very seamless and techy, they should be connected to warbeads which can change the rounds being fired (it doesn't shoot bullets but compressed energy) along with the guns being able to retract back onto the war beads as they are longer and more of a forearm mount then beads
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 05-22-2021 at 11:11 AM.

I tend to like the HZ being able to be featured as a kind of spec ops group as well like Navy seals on steroids, Tier 1 operatives. The HZ can be male and female but mainly males are what make it up. At this point I don't see how the DM can be male and female as it's pretty much cemented as a all female group. I would make W'kabi the face of the HZ. His team is Akili, Kasper, a OC named B'Bari (yes it's who we have all been waiting for to show up, back hand Barry) and the female HZ seen in Conan crossover. So a team of 5 this is the primary group we follow. W'kabi is the face and these guy's are the ones we mainly follow follow when the HZ are involved.

I think the problem is the lack of s designed role. Broken down like you have here you have set parameters to keep people in their lanes. That's the only way to make it work
    Once the idea of Dora of being potential wives is removed their gender no longer matters. Their MCU uniforms are unisex and men already shove their heads. If it's more more of an ATF organization gender wouldn't matter.

W'kabi becomeing an HZ would be a demotion. He was control room commander. It's like having Ben Sisko take over for Odo. Lol

I think the problem is artist are looking at Wakanda with a western lense and using that as then basis for their tact gear.
    Well, the outfit was designed for Kasper, who has a Western background, so it makes sense. The "sheaths" and energy spears are more what I would expect a homegrown SpecOps group to be like.

As for that gun. WAAAAY too impractical. I'd rather see something that's pragmatic, but fits the aesthetic, like this rifle from Halo:

Or this Absolut ad:

If you REALLY wanted to have fun with it, you could swipe this idea from DC:

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Once the idea of Dora of being potential wives is removed their gender no longer matters. Their MCU uniforms are unisex and men already shove their heads. If it's more more of an ATF organization gender wouldn't matter.

W'kabi becomeing an HZ would be a demotion. He was control room commander. It's like having Ben Sisko take over for Odo. Lol
    Well again I'm good with the DM being all female especially given what the group is based off of the real life elite all women's warrior group, keeps them unique.

As for W'kabi. Well he was dead for years and now that he's back it could be a Chance to a change of scenery and finding himself now that his wife has moved on and he feels lost. And he isn't just in charge of the HZ but the entirety of the Wakandan intelligence division. He has his handpicked team of those listed above. He also just takes part in the action like Okoye does

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Well, the outfit was designed for Kasper, who has a Western background, so it makes sense. The "sheaths" and energy spears are more what I would expect a homegrown SpecOps group to be like.

As for that gun. WAAAAY too impractical. I'd rather see something that's pragmatic, but fits the aesthetic, like this rifle from Halo:

Or this Absolut ad:

While it's true it was set up for Kasper, even looking at the HZ garb outside of that they still have a western look to them. And use conventional firearms. I like Kasper's look and think that should be their outfit just with better guns and weapons.

The guns I was going for is more like an arm Canon hybrid. Not quite like Shuris canons but on that track. Halo is a Good idea. Alot of covenant weapons are what I was thinking of hit with African vibes