Page 425 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 325375415421422423424425426427428429435475525925 ... LastLast
Results 6,361 to 6,375 of 15079
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    That is some of hte most amateurish writing I've seen from a reviewer.

Sounds like it could be worse I suppose.

I don't really care, I just want it to end lol
    That story don't make no sense lol. How can you chide T'Challa for wanting to find more vibranium and claim he was trying to colonize? He never sent out actual settlers, but that's beside the point. The big story beat is that the empire survives. Will Ridley play into that in a future arc or will this empire basically get treated like the Jabari-lands and be seldom visited? Hopefully the latter. Ridley might not want to go cosmic at all and his run will be better for it.

I kinda hate that my mind is wandering to the MCU again but for all this story's flaws it really does set up a perfect way for T'Challa to be missing in BP2 then return down the line. I highly doubt that's the plan but it wouldn't take much to say that after Thanos' invasion T'Challa tells his people they need to understand the secrets of vibranium so he travels into space. He's lost and presumed dead in BP2 but triumphantly returns in BP3 or BP4 with the empire right behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    That story don't make no sense lol. How can you chide T'Challa for wanting to find more vibranium and claim he was trying to colonize? He never sent out actual settlers, but that's beside the point. The big story beat is that the empire survives. Will Ridley play into that in a future arc or will this empire basically get treated like the Jabari-lands and be seldom visited? Hopefully the latter. Ridley might not want to go cosmic at all and his run will be better for it.

I kinda hate that my mind is wandering to the MCU again but for all this story's flaws it really does set up a perfect way for T'Challa to be missing in BP2 then return down the line. I highly doubt that's the plan but it wouldn't take much to say that after Thanos' invasion T'Challa tells his people they need to understand the secrets of vibranium so he travels into space. He's lost and presumed dead in BP2 but triumphantly returns in BP3 or BP4 with the empire right behind him.
    Almost nothing about this run makes sense my brother so it will fit in nicely with the rest of this trash bin run

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Wakanda worshipping Storm is so cringe, can’t believe they did that.
    I would've liked it when they were married and if there wasn't X-office fuckery involved. She isn't a goddess in the traditional sense but going back to the 80's it's been long hinted she had access to ancestral powers passed down from an Elder Goddess, which makes her a spiritual cousin of Bast in a way. I wouldn't want her displacing the actual Wakandan pantheon but if she were married to T'Challa I'd be down if Wakandans thought he married the equivalent of an angel or something.

It would've been a great way to flesh out her lore while allowing it to supplement the overall mythos of Black Panther/Wakanda. But with the permanent toxicity surrounding their relationship since 2012 it was stupid to tie her to the franchise this closely again, especially in the way Coates went about it. Making her an Orisha was done poorly (completely retconning Wakanda's origins) and ultimately meant nothing in the grand scheme of things (wasn't even referenced in their break-up issue). I suspect it'll be forgotten since it's looking increasingly likely she won't be a factor in Ridley's run.

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Almost nothing about this run makes sense my brother so it will fit in nicely with the rest of this trash bin run
    Very true. Just interested in the implications moving past this nonsense story. Ridley might play in this massive sandbox (5 galaxies is more than the entire Kree, Skrull, and Shi'ar empires combined) or leave it alone, perhaps he does a story there and leaves it at that. And Coates to his credit did create some interesting factions and concepts like The Between and Teku-Maza, I wouldn't be mad at seeing them return on Wakanda Prime in some way.

Marvel's space age is being spearheaded by Al Ewing and it's inevitable that some of what he does in that corner ties into the wider MU, so maybe he decides to incorporate some space Wakanda? There's certainly room for the Wakandan space empire concept to survive past Coates' run so I'm hesitant but optimistic that in the hands of better writers they can make it work. It's introduction was shaky, sold poorly, and didn't have any wider editorial support but it doesn't have to stay that way.
    Last edited by chief12d; 05-25-2021 at 11:44 AM.

Zenzi working with Bast behind Killmongers back.

Bast takes back her godly power from the Symboite. Zenzi kills Killmonger.

with the fleet leaderless, Storm uses a mega storm thing to destroy most of the opposing fleet.

T'challa gives a speech to the Originators and Space Empire peeps.

Mbaku takes the space empire back through the portal, never to be seen again.

T'challa gives speech about our Wakanda being a beacon to the world or something.
    Pretty much what I expect to happen

Zenzi working with Bast behind Killmongers back.

Bast takes back her godly power from the Symboite. Zenzi kills Killmonger.

with the fleet leaderless, Storm uses a mega storm thing to destroy most of the opposing fleet.

T'challa gives a speech to the Originators and Space Empire peeps.

Mbaku takes the space empire back through the portal, never to be seen again.

T'challa gives speech about our Wakanda being a beacon to the world or something.
    Oh man... That's actually a very logical outcome here... That's disgusting. I guarantee Coates is going to have T'Challa reference no one man and say something like we are a nation or some bullshit with everyone saying that in unison. Truth be told I don't expect T'Challa to Actually fight N'Jadaka. Or of they do it's going to be super brief, super underwhelming, with T'Challa catching hands. If nothing but to somehow give people the idea that Okoye is the greatest warrior in Wakanda because she took him down before the big battle took place initially

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I would've liked it when they were married and if there wasn't X-office fuckery involved. She isn't a goddess in the traditional sense but going back to the 80's it's been long hinted she had access to ancestral powers passed down from an Elder Goddess, which makes her a spiritual cousin of Bast in a way. I wouldn't want her displacing the actual Wakandan pantheon but if she were married to T'Challa I'd be down if Wakandans thought he married the equivalent of an angel or something.

It would've been a great way to flesh out her lore while allowing it to supplement the overall mythos of Black Panther/Wakanda. But with the permanent toxicity surrounding their relationship since 2012 it was stupid to tie her to the franchise this closely again, especially in the way Coates went about it. Making her an Orisha was done poorly (completely retconning Wakanda's origins) and ultimately meant nothing in the grand scheme of things (wasn't even referenced in their break-up issue). I suspect it'll be forgotten since it's looking increasingly likely she won't be a factor in Ridley's run.

Very true. Just interested in the implications moving past this nonsense story. Ridley might play in this massive sandbox (5 galaxies is more than the entire Kree, Skrull, and Shi'ar empires combined) or leave it alone, perhaps he does a story there and leaves it at that. And Coates to his credit did create some interesting factions and concepts like The Between and Teku-Maza, I wouldn't be mad at seeing them return on Wakanda Prime in some way.

Marvel's space age is being spearheaded by Al Ewing and it's inevitable that some of what he does in that corner ties into the wider MU, so maybe he decides to incorporate some space Wakanda? There's certainly room for the Wakandan space empire concept to survive past Coates' run so I'm hesitant but optimistic that in the hands of better writers they can make it work. It's introduction was shaky, sold poorly, and didn't have any wider editorial support but it doesn't have to stay that way.
    As usual my brother made! And only thing I don’t agree with is I want everything from this run forgotten and never brought up ever again. The characters/concepts he created killed/destroyed, the names of land marks reconed. The deserve to be associate with BP franchise or any small royalties he may get from any trash he created getting used again..

Astonishing Member

As usual my brother made! And only thing I don’t agree with is I want everything from this run forgotten and never brought up ever again. The characters/concepts he created killed/destroyed, the names of land marks reconed. The deserve to be associate with BP franchise or any small royalties he may get from any trash he created getting used again..
    I always look at stuff in the long view so while I agree that it sucks Coates will permanently be attached to the BP name and potentially get royalties, it doesn't mean everything he introduced is inherently bad. Sure the stories and origins are godawful, but with a couple retcons and some retooling I'd be fine seeing the Originators come back. Or for the IGEW to feature every few years in a cosmic storyline. If Coates gets some money from that idea making it into future storylines or adaptations then so be it, my main concern with BP is getting a good story.

I feel the same about Mute Zones which were introduced by Okorafor, who also did some pretty garbage BP books and is thankfully gonna leave the franchise alone. Bad writers can come up with good ideas and it seems like a waste of potential to not delve into those ideas further just because those bad writers might benefit, we're fans lol we shouldn't care what money Coates and Okorafor make.

Amateur reviewer reviewing an amateur writer. A match made in heaven lol

"The issue is at its best when it’s focused on the heroes we know and love with Black Panther and the other heroes getting in some amazing verbal jabs striking at N'Jadaka" Ah yes, Coates most potent weapon. Verbal jabs. Based off this review alone this is going to be a giant steaming pile. Of course the blame falls on T'Challa. Why wouldn't it? Of course Bast is going to gaslight under Coates pen, why wouldn't she?

Of course Zenzi is going to magically become a hero to save the day despite not being Wakandan, hating Wakanda, sided with hydra and racists and just being a villain. Coates loves to pull villain's on and make them vital on defeating T'Challas villains. I mean why not? Sweet bast o can't wait for this run to be forever forgotten with along with all these asspatters who praise hot garbage as some type of ground breaking work. Easily the most mythos destructive run in all 53 years of T'Challas existence.

Oh before I forget:

" This is the kind of story fans will be rereading and enjoying for decades to come"

Funny thing is the stuff i actually care about seeing around still wasn't Coates creations. It was Stelfreeze aesthetics and the force push which again, Stelfreeze, not Coates, created.

I don't care about mother, originators, Zenzi, Tetu, or the orisha ™. I could be okay with them staying under a better writer who will utilize them to elevate T'Challa but I'm just as happy with them getting nuked as well and forever forgotten

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Amateur reviewer reviewing an amateur writer. A match made in heaven lol

"The issue is at its best when it’s focused on the heroes we know and love with Black Panther and the other heroes getting in some amazing verbal jabs striking at N'Jadaka" Ah yes, Coates most potent weapon. Verbal jabs. Based off this review alone this is going to be a giant steaming pile. Of course the blame falls on T'Challa. Why wouldn't it? Of course Bast is going to gaslight under Coates pen, why wouldn't she?

Of course Zenzi is going to magically become a hero to save the day despite not being Wakandan, hating Wakanda, sided with hydra and racists and just being a villain. Coates loves to pull villain's on and make them vital on defeating T'Challas villains. I mean why not? Sweet bast o can't wait for this run to be forever forgotten with along with all these asspatters who praise hot garbage as some type of ground breaking work. Easily the most mythos destructive run in all 53 years of T'Challas existence.

Oh before I forget:

" This is the kind of story fans will be rereading and enjoying for decades to come"

And the thing is Zenzi could've been redeemed the regular way lol. It's clear by how Coates went out of his way to flesh out her backstory that she wasn't meant to be as evil as Tetu. Sure she was an accomplice in his terrorism but since we're given more context for why she joins the People I could've seen her becoming an anti-villain by the end of things after she realized Tetu was no different than Killmonger.

There was no organic buildup to her redemption, she was little more than a slightly fleshed out henchmen that as you said worked with racists like Hydra and slaughtered many Wakandans. Now all of a sudden she's gonna be instrumental in taking down the big bad of the entire run with 0 explanation of how she got to that point. It's intellectually lazy to skip over what should've been a recurring subplot across the last 30+ issues. Tetu and Zenzi were such wasted potential and under a future writer they can become great, with Tetu as Zaheer and the Zenzi as his ally who rebels to form her own faction.
    Last edited by chief12d; 05-25-2021 at 12:32 PM.

T'Challa is to blame for colonizing space? Pretty sure that it was revealed that the Empire started from the descendants of the Wakandans who got lost when searching for the origin of vibranium. Coates potentially retconning his own work to take jabs at T'Challa is the least surprising so far.

And after Zenzi did I'd T'Challa just going to let her and Tetu go? It won't surprise me if Coates makes them part of whatever the Wakandan government supposed to be these days.

Ultimate Member

Well we know WHO will be happy over the book as Coates "wins".

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    T'Challa is to blame for colonizing space? Pretty sure that it was revealed that the Empire started from the descendants of the Wakandans who got lost when searching for the origin of vibranium. Coates potentially retconning his own work to take jabs at T'Challa is the least surprising so far.

And after Zenzi did I'd T'Challa just going to let her and Tetu go? It won't surprise me if Coates makes them part of whatever the Wakandan government supposed to be these days.
    You are not mistaken. Once they were left to their own devices, the ideals of Wakanda were warped to survive or whatever was their true reason.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Well we know WHO will be happy over the book as Coates "wins".
    It is over.

We all win lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html