Page 429 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 329379419425426427428429430431432433439479529929 ... LastLast
Results 6,421 to 6,435 of 15079

On a facebook post, I brought up the ethical post of...spoilers:
    If Tchalla is emperor, shouldn't he dissolve the empire and give worlds the option to stay or not? Him being in charge makes him no different than an American President or British PM. How long until he has to make up excuses and pretend like past events were not as bad or find was to disenfranchise the underclasses to keep Earth Wakandans in power?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    On a facebook post, I brought up the ethical post of...spoilers:
    If Tchalla is emperor, shouldn't he dissolve the empire and give worlds the option to stay or not? Him being in charge makes him no different than an American President or British PM. How long until he has to make up excuses and pretend like past events were not as bad or find was to disenfranchise the underclasses to keep Earth Wakandans in power?
    end of spoilers
    Eh, you got about what... 5 years before a huge space event happens and that space empire is absolutely wiped out lol. Gladiator lickin' his chops. Galactus gettin hungry lol
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 05-26-2021 at 06:59 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Eh, you got about what... 5 years before a huge space event happens and that space empire is absolutely wiped out lol. Gladiator lickin' his chops. Galactus gettin hungry lol
    Not really a spoiler, but a spoiler could be inferred.
    spoilers:
    Since regular Killmonger was excepted as emperor. Now would be the time for one of those Hudlin children to claim they have a right of succession. lol
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    I'm just glad this this is finally over.

spoilers:
    I don't have much of a problem with T'Challa becoming Emperor unless it suffers the same fate of KOTD
    where it's just more wasted potential. So much for no one man lol.

Zenzi/Bast thing I hate. After what she did and helped Nazis take over and gone after Wakanda how many times now? She becomes its god. Smh. I don't know which I hate more, this or Storm replacing the Orisha.

The Orisha served no purposeand can be easily ignored by Ridley and other future writers. There was also no point in having NuKillmonger steal Bast's divine power if he never used it and it served no purpose other than to get that poor characterization and the nonsense with Zenzi.

Did they kill off and lock up all the men in the Jabari lands? Is it just the Doras there now? The last timeI think we saw a guy there was when they were all being put on trial.

At least NuM'Baku is still around so Ridley and future writers can give them a relationship similar to the onein the MCU.

Don't know why Zenzi broke Tetu out of jail if Coates kept him a villain and then easily killed him off. Neither he or Zenzi make any sense. Wanted to bring down down the monarchy but served an emperor without hesitation.

At least T'Challa got deal the finishing blow and the action during their fight went better than I expected.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I don’t think the political status of the Jabari-Lands at the end of this run matters. The MA are out their armor and now clearly subordinate to T’Challa. Unless it was explicitly said they’re pulling double duty (bodyguards of the king and rulers of an entire region) then Ridley could handwave the situation by saying the Dora headquarters was relocated to the Jabari-Lands. Or that they’ve expanded their recruitment to that area.

M’Baku is probably gonna get a push in this upcoming run due to the MCU and T’Challa’s current lack of in-house male allies, he needs leadership of the Jabari far more than two secondary Dora Milaje. I think we’ll eventually see an attempt made to make him more like his traditional incarnation and him being lord of the Jabari would logically play a role IMO. Ridley will probably not reference Dora control over the Jabari-Lands. Unless he’s a Coates fan and wants to maintain some of those elements lol.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by chief12d; 05-26-2021 at 07:17 AM.

spoilers:
    Well at least he has an empire all to himself now which is a cool feat to have I guess
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    spoilers:
    I don’t think the political status of the Jabari-Lands at the end of this run matters. The MA are out their armor and now clearly subordinate to T’Challa. Unless it was explicitly said they’re pulling double duty (bodyguards of the king and rulers of an entire region) then Ridley could handwave the situation by saying the Dora headquarters was relocated to the Jabari-Lands. Or that they’ve expanded their recruitment to that area.

M’Baku is probably gonna get a push in this upcoming run due to the MCU and T’Challa’s current lack of in-house male allies, he needs leadership of the Jabari far more than two secondary Dora Milaje. I think we’ll eventually see an attempt made to make him more like his traditional incarnation and him being lord of the Jabari would logically play a role IMO. Ridley will probably not reference Dora control over the Jabari-Lands. Unless he’s a Coates fan and wants to maintain some of those elements lol.
    end of spoilers
    It is kinda bonkers nobody had an arc in 5 years

spoilers:
    T'challa went from reluctant king to reluctant emperor.

Doras went from Doras to.... Doras lol

Bast went from God to... God

Chang went from non existent to non existent lol

Originators went from alt dimension to ... off world

Only status quo I am not sure about is Storm. She's like a kinda sorta orisha god but not? Bsat didn't seem to consider her her equal at all and she really didn't do anyting "godly" in the war. I don't know what she is, which means it will be handwaved away i'd imagine.
    end of spoilers

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

AND WTF ARE ZENZIS POWERS lol??
    "It's the Circle. We don't have to explain it."

It may have already happened. Riddle me this...

According to S.W.O.R.D. #3, King in Black takes place after this run, because Eden talks (in pretty negative terms) about his experiences in space.

So where was the Wakandan Empire when Knull invaded Earth? You'd think they'd have come in handy, at least as cannon fodder.

Hell, Wakanda put up a better fight in KiB, and they didn't need Monica & Ororo (or ZenziBast) to do it.

Well at least Nakia can be revived if Ridley wants to do it. This is comics after all.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post

I guess "its the circle" explains why no one had any arcs in 5 years too!

everything just came back around to the status quo lol. Coates being META

So...Holy sheet that was a convoluted mess! Like coates was ALL OVER THE DAMN PLACE. So much plot induced stupidity, so much wasted panel space. All the "Growth" or development whatever you want to call the last 5 years was wasted. Making you go wtf was the point? I think that's what this all boils down to. What was the point of all of this. Piss poor fight Because of a bloated cast, the dialogue was so... Bad. Like who talks like that? Good riddance it's finally over this was a trash ending to a trash series that should of never been greenlit. Let alone go for 5 years. For Coates standard? It's Average, maybe the best ending of all 3 season's, but a polished turd is still a turd. Oh and the Gaslighting was IMMENSE.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post

It may have already happened. Riddle me this...

According to S.W.O.R.D. #3, King in Black takes place after this run, because Eden talks (in pretty negative terms) about his experiences in space.

So where was the Wakandan Empire when Knull invaded Earth? You'd think they'd have come in handy, at least as cannon fodder.

Hell, Wakanda put up a better fight in KiB, and they didn't need Monica & Ororo (or ZenziBast) to do it.

Oh god yeah that it's a circle garbage.. basically translates to "I can't be bothered to actually explain anything in a cohesive coherent and logical manner so I'm going to say condescending isht like this to make myself seem smarter that I actually am" Because in reality Coates had zero idea on what he was doing.

Marvel should not of hired him at best and at worst they should of let him tell his original story (the only story he actually had semi completed) and then let him leave. Having him stretch out loose ideas and pad issue after issue and overly flowery talk while the plot essentially snail crawled, only to be rushed at breakneck speed was so incredibly stupid. BUT it's over, we made it, we survived the shittiest and darkest era T'Challa has ever seen. So far, early early stages brings a shred of Hope that Ridley will do right by T'Challa. At the very least he actually LIKES him and doesn't hold open and blatant disdain for him and black males in general, so that is already a step up. Time will tell me I am hoping that once he starts, Coates run will fade away to the darkest corners where only the staunchest BP fanatics will remember this dark time.

A bit of topic from the latest bp issue but I came across this which is basically a group of Wakandan football teams someone created by someone on Pinterest

Thought I shared this as I think they are pretty cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    A bit of topic from the latest bp issue but I came across this which is basically a group of Wakandan football teams someone created by someone on Pinterest

That's cool. I got into soccer the year Leister city won the Premier League. I've been enjoying the event fallout of the "Super League"

Any other sports you think Wakandans play?

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    That's cool. I got into soccer the year Leister city won the Premier League. I've been enjoying the event fallout of the "Super League"

Any other sports you think Wakandans play?
    Probably some Olympic sports since the Wakandans are a warrior nation with agility and speed i.e Gymnastics, Rowing, Wrestling, etc.

The Dora Milajes will be perfect for Javelin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post

It would be nice if writers showed us stuff like this in Wakanda. I don't think we got much or at all on stuff like this in Wakanda. What's their main sport? Who's the Wakandan Kobe or LeBron? Their Drake? Al Pacino? Denzel? I don't think we've seen any "famous" Wakandans outside of the royal family.