Page 430 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 330380420426427428429430431432433434440480530930 ... LastLast
Results 6,436 to 6,450 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    A bit of topic from the latest bp issue but I came across this which is basically a group of Wakandan football teams someone created by someone on Pinterest

Thought I shared this as I think they are pretty cool

This is amazing. Though would T’Challa really allow a team to be named after his arch nemesis? Lol.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    This is amazing. Though would T’Challa really allow a team to be named after his arch nemesis? Lol.
    The village he was from changed the original name to N'Jadaka after Tchalla bought him home.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    It would be nice if writers showed us stuff like this in Wakanda. I don't think we got much or at all on stuff like this in Wakanda. What's their main sport? Who's the Wakandan Kobe or LeBron? Their Drake? Al Pacino? Denzel? I don't think we've seen any "famous" Wakandans outside of the royal family.
    During his training in Dark Reign, I think his sparring partner was supposed to be the countries professional fight champion or something like that.

But I like in between arc storylines like what your describing. Maybe Luke, Miles, and Kasper come by during a championship match an we learn about it as Tchalla describes it to them.
    Last edited by Cville; 05-26-2021 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    He had one semi complete story and 4 years of bad fanfic. I'm dead serious, I wonder what sort of Vulcan death grip Coates had on everyone's nuts that they threw heaps of praise on this trashcan rune, or are they so desperate to see black people show up they accept any nonsensical convoluted story that rambles on but actually says nothing, and constantly contradicts itself.
    I think most of the people that praise or enjoy his work aren't feeling it with a historical lens on the character or the franchise. They came in when the movie came out or some of them came in when he was announced off of the strength and publicity he had as a nonfiction writer an area which he's very good at. I hope he returns to that and I wish him well

But as for our hero Black Panther
    tenor.jpg
    Last edited by Ekie; 05-26-2021 at 10:35 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    A bit of topic from the latest bp issue but I came across this which is basically a group of Wakandan football teams someone created by someone on Pinterest

Thought I shared this as I think they are pretty cool

This is dope as hell as a huge soccer fan. I guess T’Challa’s favorite team would be the Golden City Panthers but if he went to school at Birnin Azzaria he probably has a soft spot for them too lol.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    It would be nice if writers showed us stuff like this in Wakanda. I don't think we got much or at all on stuff like this in Wakanda. What's their main sport? Who's the Wakandan Kobe or LeBron? Their Drake? Al Pacino? Denzel? I don't think we've seen any "famous" Wakandans outside of the royal family.
    Reason #1023 why Monica would be a great love interest. Organic avenues to explore different aspects of Wakandan culture. Gods and political factions are nice and all but what about the top Wakandan musicians, their sports stars, or actors? Monica would be interested in those things and if she’s helping T’Challa bring Wakanda to the world maybe she gets acquainted with those figures and helps them transition into Hollywood and the global entertainment industry.

And for T’Challa if he’s a king he should be a patron to the arts. It doesn’t even have to be a whole storyline, just show that in his throne room sometimes he has big Wakandan musicians come in and perform live before the Council arrives for work. Or show that he plays a Wakandan equivalent to chess or something with Shuri. Small things that give texture to Wakandan civilization. Doesn’t take much to do, just an eye for worldbuilding and a desire to make Wakanda feel as lived in as possible.

Waiting til I get my variant cover in to read this. Not surprised by the reaction its getting here but im expecting a decent ending, hopefully a great one. Looking forward to the future of this character and seeing how this run ends.

Now this is how you honor Chadwick!

https://twitter.com/howardu/status/1...071407618?s=21
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Now this is how you honor Chadwick!

https://twitter.com/howardu/status/1...071407618?s=21
    Good on em for this. Philisha Rashid(botched the name probably) is gonna be the dean. Id legit consider enrolling if I could

I may be able to pick up a reader issue and just keep my variant cover wrapped up today, I do wanna get to reading this issue.

Coates interview for those interested

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp...ates-interview

spoilers for the last issue of course.

HE is a better interviewer than comic writer. I feel like he thought he did things on page taht he really didn't get across well.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Coates interview for those interested

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp...ates-interview

spoilers for the last issue of course.

HE is a better interviewer than comic writer. I feel like he thought he did things on page taht he really didn't get across well.
    Wasn't a fan of the relationship with Storm and yet he kept forcing it on us 😑

This week, more than half a decade after starting a run that helped popularize Marvel’s first black superhero to dizzying new heights.

Yeah, no.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post

Yeah, no.
    I laughed when I read that

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post

Yeah, no.

I mean, on the comics landscape he kinda did though. BP is a bigger player in the comics now than he ever was prior. In terms of how much of the MU is actively influenced by wakanda stuff whereas before a lot of the time it was just kinda there, or tied to Avengers only stuff. Wakanda wasn't affecting stuff of galactic marvel before and now it is. The success of this comic played a large role in that. Obviously the movies have done a lot of it too but I dont think that claim is off the mark in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    I mean, on the comics landscape he kinda did though. BP is a bigger player in the comics now than he ever was prior. In terms of how much of the MU is actively influenced by wakanda stuff whereas before a lot of the time it was just kinda there, or tied to Avengers only stuff. Wakanda wasn't affecting stuff of galactic marvel before and now it is. The success of this comic played a large role in that. Obviously the movies have done a lot of it too but I dont think that claim is off the mark in any way.
    That was the movie man lol.

Look at the Avengers line up right now... that was the movie.

The only person really to acknowledge Coates run at all was Ewing because he was a continuity nerd and it was just bare minimum stuff.

Giving credit to Coates for the wider MU is nutso. We just had a full on Symbiote Event and you wouldn't know it in the main book... DESPITE THE MAIN VILLAIN BEING A SYMBIOTE.

Wakanda was already doing space stuff in Ultimates years before the Galactic Empire stuff. And the Galacti Empire has not been touched at all despite having at least 2 huge events involving space armies (King in Black and Empyre)
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    That was the movie man lol.

Look at the Avengers line up right now... that was the movie.

The only person really to acknowledge Coates run at all was Ewing because he was a continuity nerd and it was just bare minimum stuff.

Giving credit to Coates for the wider MU is nutso. We just had a full on Symbiote Event and you wouldn't know it in the main book... DESPITE THE MAIN VILLAIN BEING A SYMBIOTE.

Wakanda was already doing space stuff in Ultimates years before the Galactic Empire stuff. And the Galacti Empire has not been touched at all despite having at least 2 huge events involving space armies (King in Black and Empyre)
    Ultimates happened during the era of coates run too. Thags what I'm talking about. BP even being on a tema like ultimates is a byproduct of his larger presence in the comics world now.

Look at the Alex ross cover for the BP new run starting in fall. All of that happened under Coates run, arguably some of it is a direct result of his doing.

Ewing is not just a continuity nerd, hes one of the biggest continuity nerds and his acknowledgement of it says all it needs to say.

People who are expecting this run to be completely sweeped under the rug in the comic years are likely setting themselves up to be disappointed is all im going to say.