Page 435 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 335385425431432433434435436437438439445485535935 ... LastLast
Results 6,511 to 6,525 of 15079

Is the Spear of Bashenga the Sword of Gryffindor now? Before I though he was just manifesting a mystic energy. But it became solid and Killmonger could break it.

Also he used to same attack on Tetu in the first arc. Why didn't he burst into flames at that time. Hes only served as a minor character since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Is the Spear of Bashenga the Sword of Gryffindor now? Before I though he was just manifesting a mystic energy. But it became solid and Killmonger could break it.

Also he used to same attack on Tetu in the first arc. Why didn't he burst into flames at that time. Hes only served as a minor character since then.
    The Spear of Bashenga is from the Priest era. It SHOULD be distinct from the "soul spear", but hey... it's the Circle, we don't have to explain it.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Cool picture. Too bad it doesn't offer anything or disprove any of what I said. The entirety of Coates run is bad, on a fundamental storytelling level and especially as a BP book.

Dude can't write fiction, can't properly paces his plot, can't develop Characters, can't channel Characters voices, let alone grasp said voices. He can't be bothered to follow his own continuity, and he took interesting concepts and made them boring as hell while also having T'Challa go through 5 years and no new plateau to show for it. He started as a reluctant ruler and ends as a reluctant ruler. And gets blamed for everything, even isht they wasn't even his fault. Ya know like Bast blaming him for the Galactic Wakanda, which was her fault. So ya... Gaslighting

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Mr Coates beat us all with his Pulitzer. That's part of what major awards are for. I do find it disheartening that someone like David Walker was passed over in favor of an untried celebrity. Leaving me out of the equation, we didn't get David Walker's Panther so Mr. Coates could learn as he went? That's bad business.

By contrast, Mr Ridley certainly has an Oscar to smack people with but, more important, he's been in and out of comics at least as long as me. He's a perfect storm from a corporate comics POV. he's good, the right color, he's acclaimed and he knows comics.

So, at the very least, you're going to get a well-written run.

Depending on what he does with the title, the longer it takes for them to "let me get my hands on the book," the less and less likely my pitch for Panther would be allowed to go.

All i'm noodling right now is whether or not to tell it in the same way Kirkman did with INVINCIBLE or Busiek with the Samaritan.

If I decide NOT to do the indie version, I'll do a MY TAKE post on my blog the way I did with IRON FIST.
    Just I will throw my vote for the Indie version

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Cool picture. Too bad it doesn't offer anything or disprove any of what I said. The entirety of Coates run is bad, on a fundamental storytelling level and especially as a BP book.

Dude can't write fiction, can't properly paces his plot, can't develop Characters, can't channel Characters voices, let alone grasp said voices. He can't be bothered to follow his own continuity, and he took interesting concepts and made them boring as hell while also having T'Challa go through 5 years and no new plateau to show for it. He started as a reluctant ruler and ends as a reluctant ruler. And gets blamed for everything, even isht they wasn't even his fault. Ya know like Bast blaming him for the Galactic Wakanda, which was her fault. So ya... Gaslighting
    Crazy thing is the friends and relatives of the people who really started this mess should still be around. They should be interviewed by the HZ to find out why they went so bad. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post

Yeah, wtf happened to his energy spear that made Tetu explode lol?

He also hit Zenzi with it in issue 17 and it just knocked her down lol.

It is kind of wild that one of hte things this thread id like were the designs of Zenzi and Tetu and thought maybe some writer could fix them later. But... yeah... lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    The Spear of Bashenga is from the Priest era. It SHOULD be distinct from the "soul spear", but hey... it's the Circle, we don't have to explain it.
    "The Circle" is going to be the newest meme in here lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Yeah, wtf happened to his energy spear that made Tetu explode lol?

He also hit Zenzi with it in issue 17 and it just knocked her down lol.

It is kind of wild that one of hte things this thread id like were the designs of Zenzi and Tetu and thought maybe some writer could fix them later. But... yeah... lol
    He also hit Eden with it as well in like issue 5 or something and Eden didn't explode lol.

I think one thing I gotta say is that Coates really just botched the villains completely. Tetu gets killed In a strange way, Zenzi magically, her calling the whole time was to fuse with Bast, and she was a "Loki" type Character all of a sudden. Then Erik, power of a god and power of a symbiote, proceeds to use his hair was an attack lol. Plus wtf was with Storm, Monica Shuri and everyone fighting him? It should of been a 1 on 1 fight with T'Challa taking him down.

Or at the very least if other's were going to join in he should of knocked the Frak outta there to show that only the Black Panther can destroy this offshoot Wakanda. The reason why IGEW failed was because it was missing it's heart. The Black Panther which is why they would lose to Wakanda prime. Instead we have random people attacking him then he sees Bast and...

Trys to rip off the symbiote and throw away it's power? I dunno it was weird and didn't makes l Sense, especially because though he transferred over to old Erik he was acting like old Erik so he should not of really felt some familial bond to N'Jadakas daughter... So much potential wasted on what could of been an epic fight. But that seems to be the theme of Coates. Waste potential and circles lol

If the Spear of Bashenga can be summoned by the Black Panther... that would actually be cool.

Ancient Vibranium spear, the tip is pure Vibranium meteor rock, with mystical crap performed on it by the Mystics of old.

But if you are going to do that, it has to be more than a pointy spear. The thing needs Mjolnir like properties.

You can't bring it up and then have the villain break it in one panel lol.

If the Spear of Bashenga can be summoned by the Black Panther... that would actually be cool.

Ancient Vibranium spear, the tip is pure Vibranium meteor rock, with mystical crap performed on it by the Mystics of old.

But if you are going to do that, it has to be more than a pointy spear. The thing needs Mjolnir like properties.

Spear of Bashenga
    - Proof of worthiness as the black panther in most cases it was simply a ceremonial blade, it's edge never dulls, HOWEVER, when it's used by a Black Panther deemed worthy to be Basts champion and her personal black panther, it can be summoned instantly, its a sealing weapon, as in it can nullify an opponents magic temporarily when they are struck by the blade, and protects the wearer from magic attacks.

The more it absorbs power, the stronger it gets (similar to Pantherjacks shield he used against Thor) and can imbued some of that power to the wielder or use they power against the wielders opponent. The weapon is capable of wounding gods due to it being forged from one of Bast Teeth (the blade is the tooth) and the shaft is made of vibranium blessed personally by bast herself.

T'Challa and Bashenga are the only two Panthers to be able to access these extra powers and T'Challa is the only one to be able to use the spear to it's full potential, Which can channel magical energy absorbed through the spear thsts only limited by the users imagination and how much magic has been absorbed.

Basically it's an anti magic weapon is how I would do it.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post

Lol, I don't even feel the need to pile on, and points and observations being made are just all at once. Poignant, funny, and sad. No lies being told, and and no "F's" being given! ...Coates is dead, Long live Ridley!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Long Live the REAL Black Panther!!!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Coates had a good run imo. (yall come around in time)

However, hopefully, Ridley is less divisive so everyone can enjoy it.