Page 441 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 341391431437438439440441442443444445451491541941 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,615 of 15079

wait what's wrong with Narcisse?

Lord this thread moves too fast I cannot keep up
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Yall are better than this. I said the work SHE'S MISSED OUT ON.

She LEFT THE WALKING DEAD in hopes of getting more Hollywood roles. If they built on the momentum of BP sooner she would have probably had another action vehicle. Dont think having one recurring role means you're automatically set and made.
    You didnt say that. Check your original post.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I don’t know where people come up with this stuff man lol. In what world is MCU BP like Coates’ version? Hudlin is clearly the main influence with a healthy side of McGregor and based on how Coogler was talking he was gonna take T’Challa in that more Priest-like direction for the sequel with him being more experienced. We’re basically getting that T’Challa in the current Avengers book and in most of T’Challa’s other appearances like Conan and Agents of Wakanda. Coates is the only one not doing it right. Ridley writing T’Challa like his MCU counterpart would be an improvement over what we got now and it’s not even looking like he’s doing that.

In arc one his version of T’Challa is keeping secrets and making agendas with global implications, that’s pure Priest. Coates’ work is not so immutable that writers are gonna be forced to do cosmic nonsense every story, incorporate his side characters, or work with his lore if they don’t want. Nothing he did was at that level until we actually see it happen. You can’t talk about a writer’s legacy until there’s stuff after to compare it to and see where the influences are.
    Yeah it's like people live in some bizarro world. People were trying to link MCU T'Challa to Coates and it was like, Nah man, this T'Challa is clearly Hudlin/ Mcgregor panther with hints not Priest that was going to manifest further in the sequel... Notice how once the movie dropped his solo all of a sudden took a turn and shifted. It was still **** but it shifted noticeably because of the MCU.
    .the rest of the MU was already channeling the real T'Challa, especially in Avengers currently. It's the only silver lining that he was chairman and shown as the REAL T'Challa that kept hope that Coates nonsense wouldn't bleed into the rest of the MU. Very easily could have

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    wait what's wrong with Narcisse?
    He did an interview with Coates and it was very... complimentary (to put it nicely).

So some people are glad he never go the ongoing because they fear he would just continue T'chumpa.

I'm not sure he was even in the running.

Rise of BP had a Priest like Panther, not T'chumpa so I'm not gonna hate on the guy. I wouldn't wnat him on an ongoing because he needs more experience if that is something he is interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    Im telling yall. I really hope this new run id what you've been looking for. But I am worried its going to disappoint a lot of you.
    I mean, it is possible.

So far, no red flags though lol. With Coates, the flags were flying by now. So, I am already on a positive trend.

And I have very low expectations and just expect T'challa written as he has been by Priest, Johns, Hudlin, McDuffie, Liss, Aaron, Ewing, Hickman, Gillis, Zub, whoever wrote BP vs DP, and Narcisse. So really, percentage wise... history is on my side that it'll be closer to the normal T'challa than some crap Coates, Gay, Nnedi, Bendis, Roy type version. (McGregor and Kirby get a pass lol).

Most of the writers that have touched T'challa don't have THAT much of an issue getting his "baseline" characteristics right.

I am not expecting something ground breaking. I just want something I don't hate. I'd settle for mediocre lol.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I am not expecting something ground breaking. I just want something I don't hate. I'd settle for mediocre lol.
    Screw that. I want ground-breaking. Why should I settle for White Castle when I know there are writers out there (*waves at RedJack*) who can deliver filet mignon?

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Screw that. I want ground-breaking. Why should I settle for White Castle when I know there are writers out there (*waves at RedJack*) who can deliver filet mignon?
    Id rather be pleasantly surprised than disappointed lol.

White Castle is better a 3 day old hotdog in luke warm water lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

will the Panther get its own "franchise reboot" like the X-Men? an ongoing series plus concurrent mini-series? Potential for revisions on relationships between Wakanda and the rest of the world, just like Krakoa..

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    will the Panther get its own "franchise reboot" like the X-Men? an ongoing series plus concurrent mini-series? Potential for revisions on relationships between Wakanda and the rest of the world, just like Krakoa..
    Eh, have Black PAnther and then the Avengers.

Doubt we will get multiple minis ever again until it gets close to the movie (again).

So if Nakia gets revived in Ridleys run, does anyone think she should get her own unique hero identity like Shuri did?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    So if Nakia gets revived in Ridleys run, does anyone think she should get her own unique hero identity like Shuri did?
    IMHO....

Never mention the Djalia again, Never mention "Mother" again, and if it means Nakia must be forever sacrificed welll...

WHOA, whoa! Can we tone it down with the White Castle shade, dem sliders are a delight! Lol!

Yeah I gotta agree with this sentiment. Honestly after 5 years of Coates, the shitty writing, the over generous ass patting and gushing over the **** run, the desperate attempts to act like this was the second coming of Priest/Hudlin.

Knowing that Redjack, in 1 issue, a tie in to an event, produced a more interesting and Stellar final fight for Wakanda battle against symbiotes, with Wakanda completely unleashed, no outside help, no call of all the black heroes to randomly show up without warning, just the Black Panther (who IS Wakanda) showing is again a snippet of SWaD? Nah Ridley better bring his A game. We got a dude who wants to elevate T'Challa and who has done some multiple times being told no we are going with another dude... This dude better be bringing the heat just as much of not more than RJ. I don't want mediocre. I want what JA has been showing us with T'Challa. And I want the stories to match that same badassery

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    You didnt say that. Check your original post.
    My bad. However, that was clearly implied. And again I'm talking star in terms of films. She hasnt got the roles she's hope for yet cause the MCU was moving slow with BP related content.

After a BP2 I think she would have gotten more roles/signed up for more stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    My bad. However, that was clearly implied. And again I'm talking star in terms of films. She hasnt got the roles she's hope for yet cause the MCU was moving slow with BP related content.

After a BP2 I think she would have gotten more roles/signed up for more stuff.
    Maybe. Maybe not.

So far, she has kinda type casted herself.

She needs to call her agent and get casted in a Disney movie lol. stay in house Lupita style. Get casted as something other than a badass with a weapon.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Just so we're clear (so there's no revisionist history)

What is it that you want Ridley NOT to do with T'Challa.

As long as he doesnt do X there wont be as much outrage.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 05-28-2021 at 08:23 AM.