Page 445 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 345395435441442443444445446447448449455495545945 ... LastLast
Results 6,661 to 6,675 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    IMHO....

Never mention the Djalia again, Never mention "Mother" again, and if it means Nakia must be forever sacrificed welll...

Or we can bring Nakia back and then the Djalia and “Mother” can become a thing of the past.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Or we can bring Nakia back and then the Djalia and “Mother” can become a thing of the past.
    The Djalia is too rich a concept to ignore IMO. It’s the collective memory and consciousness of the entire nation, meaning it’s not just a place where souls go. It could easily have a realm where nightmares dominate, or where lost secrets are preserved, or where vengeful spirits await their chance to strike. The Killmonger mini hints at the latter iirc. The Djalia opens up a new world of mystical stories and even not so mystical ones depending on how connected you want the concept to be to magic/gods. In the Shuri book it’s kinda ambiguous so there’s wiggle room.

I don’t know how I’d feel about bringing back that version of Nakia tbh. I still don’t like the M’Baku we have because he’s nothing like the original lol. If Ridley wants to bring back Nakia he should go in the direction Digicom’s been suggesting, “Nakia” can just be a common name for Wakandan women. That way he can bring back a version of the character who doesn’t have the baggage of Coates’ space trash and can basically reimagine her. She can be a spy, a mercenary, whatever he wants.

for how much y'all hated this run you sure read every issue
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    The Djalia is too rich a concept to ignore IMO. It’s the collective memory and consciousness of the entire nation, meaning it’s not just a place where souls go. It could easily have a realm where nightmares dominate, or where lost secrets are preserved, or where vengeful spirits await their chance to strike. The Killmonger mini hints at the latter iirc. The Djalia opens up a new world of mystical stories and even not so mystical ones depending on how connected you want the concept to be to magic/gods. In the Shuri book it’s kinda ambiguous so there’s wiggle room.

I don’t know how I’d feel about bringing back that version of Nakia tbh. I still don’t like the M’Baku we have because he’s nothing like the original lol. If Ridley wants to bring back Nakia he should go in the direction Digicom’s been suggesting, “Nakia” can just be a common name for Wakandan women. That way he can bring back a version of the character who doesn’t have the baggage of Coates’ space trash and can basically reimagine her. She can be a spy, a mercenary, whatever he wants.
    Kill all the space people off. Kill the whole empire. IDGAF lol. That's not my M'baku!

Man... Killmonger. Speaking of which... man... Coates is REALLY bad with villains. Really really really bad. Thinking back, it may be one of his bigger issues. He really struggles to build up the conflict between the main character vs main antagonist and really struggles to make the climax meeting between the two "hit" at all.

That was killmonger... they have a deep history. That meeting should SLAP. They gotta at least trade some barbs Hudlin style lol.

Coates should have never killed nuKillmonger. Having the symbiote pass the memories/powers was a waste of time. If you aren't gonna use OG Killmonger and his relationship with T'challa to the fullest... then just use the new character lol?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post

I think Nakia should not be a common name, but a code name rather. Similar to 007 so different people can take it but it's just a code name used for someone who's going to go deep undercover or something.

The Djalia is only good as a way to make mother a villain imo then after that it gets destroyed or maybe gets purged and can be used in a way your talking about. But in it's current form, it's kinda ass

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Jets fans still show up to games. Lol

I stopped buying the book forever ago, but I have a good deal with the comics store so I can pay attention and also spoilers. There's ways to stay informed and know what's going on without supporting the book

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

I dont really have to watch the movie. I can just read the wiki, see a few clips on youtube and see what they say on reddit.

I'll just say

people tend to start commenting about a Coates issue at a certain time pretty consistently.

If you can't figure that out, well then *shrug* lol.

anywho

I don't agree with this writers thoughts on the quality of the Coates run, but I thought it was a very well written article and good for this dude I suppose

https://www.comicsxf.com/2021/05/27/...nehisi-coates/
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 05-29-2021 at 08:49 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I'll just say

people tend to start commenting about a Coates issue at a certain time pretty consistently.

If you can't figure that out, well then *shrug* lol.

But, continue trying to get a rise out of people every time

anywho

I don't agree with this writers thoughts on the quality of the Coates run, but I thought it was a very well written article and good for this dude I suppose

https://www.comicsxf.com/2021/05/27/...nehisi-coates/
    I hate when people do that too.

Reading now. Love this quote
    Common critiques of Coates’ run are that it’s boring. wordy and meandering, a work that is thoughtful, yes, but not engaging. Not inspiring. Not, to be blunt, good. We echoed these thoughts in our conversation. As much as we liked the man, as much as we liked the character, as much as we wanted the man and the character to succeed, something was just, well, missing.

How wrong, in retrospect, we were. How wrong we always were. There was nothing missing.

Coates when he's invited back to the cookout in a few years

Ultimate Member

Some of his dialogue became a bit long-winded. I feel like he could've been briefer and more obvious. I like fancy dialogue, but at some point it's just excessive

I checked out when the rape camps showed up and didn't go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I hate when people do that too.

Reading now. Love this quote

It's fine if he has that opinion however many shared it was alm that stuff so just because one guy says it's not doesn't make it true. This is the problem when people use a visual medium like comics to get long winded it doesn't work that's for novels and books where your allowed to deep dive.. Not visual mediums with limited pages.

Also need anyone remind you how you search alm through twitter to specifically find tweets about people (the very small minority) that don't like the solo movie to post here? And then post it like it's some massive movement and that the movie wasn't universally loved by millions?
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 05-29-2021 at 09:18 AM.