Page 481 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 381431471477478479480481482483484485491531581981 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,215 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Blame black media.

Coogler's promoted Judas and the Black Messiah. He's done interviews about producing Space Jam.

Where are the black media members to ask the important question. "WHY?"

Somebody like me is good with whatever he chooses even though I prefer T'Challa. My issue is trying to answer for Coogler. He should make it clear it was his decision cause he's still grieving. He should make it clear that its too soon to just replace his friend. Just speak on it. Dont speak around it. Be verbal enough to give your believers trust in what you're doing and not studio doing studio.
    Co sign on all of this.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I so wanted a Hickman BP book after New Avengers.

He’s someone that knows and clearly understands the BP mythos.

But count me in as not interested in the whole BP vs Namor without T’Challa garbage. I’m already on record saying that BP should be recast and that should be that. The whole BP2 without T’Challa is just wrong to me on so many levels and I still don’t know why Disney is rushing to make the movie considering the lead actor has died.
    I agree that I was interested in seeing what Hickman could do when putting focus on one character versus a team book. Something tells me that we would gotten T'Challa empire done properly for starters. Yes, beyond recasting, why is there even a conversation? If Chadwick's death was that difficult then Coogler should have pushed for later production date, and if Feige wanted to do BP 2 sooner, then sit it out and let them recast T'Challa and make BP 2 with another director.

What would you guys consider T’challa’s greatest failure in the comics? (His fathers death? Namor? Thanos?)

Quote Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post
    What would you guys consider T’challa’s greatest failure in the comics? (His fathers death? Namor? Thanos?)
    His editors.

To answer your question more seriously, Doomwar. True, he technically won, but it was a pyrrhic victory.

*Looks back at the last 5 years* Uhhh...

Meeting Namor secretly to talk about the Cabal, leading to him getting ambushed by Doom, leading to him being in a coma while Morlun murked half his supporting cast, leading into Doom War which lead to no Syan and no vibranium, which resulted in.. a speech lol

Probably low key the absolute dumbest thing he ever did was allow murder bro Black Bolt to invite his crazy ass insane brother Maximus into Necropolis and then let the crazy dude sit there by himself around planet destroying bombs lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Certainly not his father's death. He was a child so he shouldn't bear any blame for that. I think the most common answer here would be Namor. Personally, I'm cool with him not killing a Marvel superhero because that feels like a path you can't walk back from. You can't lead the Avengers after doing that, imo. Obviously, if he's possessed or mind-controlled when he takes an action, that's fixable, but not if he does it calculatedly.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Certainly not his father's death. He was a child so he shouldn't bear any blame for that. I think the most common answer here would be Namor. Personally, I'm cool with him not killing a Marvel superhero because that feels like a path you can't walk back from. You can't lead the Avengers after doing that, imo. Obviously, if he's possessed or mind-controlled when he takes an action, that's fixable, but not if he does it calculatedly.
    I think a better way to work Namor into the book would have been for the other illuminati members to insist that they need him for the last Infinity Gem.

So T'challa calls Reed, Stark, Cap, Black Bolt, Strange... they suggest using the Stones to stop the incursion. T'challa insists Namor cant be here... but they need him for the stone.

So, he relunctantly has to work with him. And once the cat is out of the bag and Namor knows about hte incursions, he can' tjust kick him out of the group with the stones explode.

IMHO, that works much better than "Tchalla invites his enemy"

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Totally forgot about this. I do wish they did something other than "T'Challa as Star Lord"

They could have done some real interesting stuff wih the "What If" series

I might be overly optimistic but I’m hoping they give the big failures (Doomwar/Namor) to whoever will be running Wakanda in T’challa’s absence. The chaos following these events could set the ground work to make Wakanda fertile for an Achebe type to capitalize off the situation. Then T’challa can return in a future movie to set things right.

I could swallow it easier if Wakanda’s biggest L’s aren’t on T’challa’s shoulders. And maybe they only took the L’s cause T’challa wasn’t there.

The guy that set up the petition didn’t want an immediate recast, but rather down the road after a few years. Maybe everything will be building to the glorious return of the king and everyone can be happy �� . (Holding out hope)

Totally forgot about this. I do wish they did something other than "T'Challa as Star Lord"

I’m just hoping it’s not Peter Quill in blackface. I don’t want T’challa dancing around to old school rock n roll, cracking jokes etc. I want the king of Wakanda in space.

Bonus points if there’s a secondary storyline of the wakandans searching for him.

I really don’t like the idea of stripping everything away from T’challa that makes him special and putting him on the guardians.

Yeah, I don't see what makes this scenario exciting unless it is totally different from Peter.

And if it is really different than peter (aka stolen from earth and lived in space)... then what was the point lol? Why not just "black panther in space." Why connect it to star lord?

I might be overly optimistic but I’m hoping they give the big failures (Doomwar/Namor) to whoever will be running Wakanda in T’challa’s absence. The chaos following these events could set the ground work to make Wakanda fertile for an Achebe type to capitalize off the situation. Then T’challa can return in a future movie to set things right.

I could swallow it easier if Wakanda’s biggest L’s aren’t on T’challa’s shoulders. And maybe they only took the L’s cause T’challa wasn’t there.

The guy that set up the petition didn’t want an immediate recast, but rather down the road after a few years. Maybe everything will be building to the glorious return of the king and everyone can be happy �� . (Holding out hope)
    about zero percent chance they saddle all the bad **** on Shuri only for superior black male T'challa to show up and fix everything.

Zero.

I’m just hoping it’s not Peter Quill in blackface. I don’t want T’challa dancing around to old school rock n roll, cracking jokes etc. I want the king of Wakanda in space.
    dudes gonna be boppin to Kid Cudi instead lol

Ultimate Member

Bonus points if there’s a secondary storyline of the wakandans searching for him.

I really don’t like the idea of stripping everything away from T’challa that makes him special and putting him on the guardians.
    I doubt they'd make them exactly the same. Otherwise, what would be the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I doubt they'd make them exactly the same. Otherwise, what would be the point?
    He’s black now!

Some people in Hollywood clearly think this is enough to make a stale character fresh. So who knows.