Page 491 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 391441481487488489490491492493494495501541591991 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,365 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    We will see.

I honestly think there will be pushback without Chadwick to an extent. Enough to force T'challa to be recast in BP3? Doubtful IMHO, but it will have some affect.

I think you are going to see "black social media" cannabalize itself to an extent once concrete plants are released on who is taking the mantle. you are going to see a lot of black woman vs black men type social media bickering.

The rest of the cast doesn't have the same name as him to draw in Grandma MindofShadow for instance. My grandma only saw BP1 because of chadwick because she knew him because of James Brown and Jackie.

And I think you are going to lose a decent segment of casuals and comic book fans because there is no T'challa.

And you are losing my 5 trips to the theaters, which means the MCU is bankrupt I tell you!
    For sho, Chadwick unfortunately is a big hurdle. I want the character to move on and I shouldn't be made to feel like a ghoul in wanting that. It's funky as hell because you right, Chadwick played more historically significant Black figures on film than the next half dozen brothas. Up to and including the 3 points you give Denzel for Malcolm X damn near 30 years ago (subtract one for Training Day). Mans was a force, shoutout to Grandma MOS. That said, I was hip to dude before he put the claws on, so were a lot of folks, him being in the suit wasn't the reason I made reservations at the IMAX and I was counting down the hours. I feel nobody saw Chadwick in THAT particular movie and decided he was 1A, either you brought that with you or you weren't hip to it noway and it don't even matter if that was the case. Not speaking for the dead here but no way in hell dude doesn't want the franchise to keep rolling even though he was not here to spearhead it onscreen. Supporting cast is going to have to be REALLY strong.

That decent segment of casuals and comic books fans includes a lot of cats that would sit through Venom 2 and other **** as well. They'll come out for the good stuff too but fans have short memories, they can be very fickle when it comes to entertainment. Not saying they haven't been burned but if it works it's gonna really work. Good will is worth more than Bitcoin, and right now that's what the franchise has a lot of.

The social media thing you can't really count on. That highschool **** is one thing one day and different the next, specially when arguing over something kinda cool. Plenty of apologies go out on Twitter everyday and they don't gain the traction cause the roasting of whatever was hotter. They'll be black, err ahhh back. Anticipated appointment movie going experiences don't come around that often, ain't talking about a new Bat or Spider movie either. A big one.

5 trips the first time... showoff. I don't need your guilt, I actually beat myself up for weeks cause I only saw it the 2X in the theater, I took that **** out on my kids too and they were little at the time. I'll do what I can to make up the difference this time.

Feige WILL drop the ball at some point... laugh out loud, please let it be over the Eternals.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Also, not for nuthin', yall and this Namor thing lol. Ain't you ever heard of speaking **** in existence.

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Killing him off would have some really bad long term effects. Especially since by the time the film is released, it will have been nearly two years since Chadwick’s passing and more people will have healed by then. Killing him off would just reopen a wound. Fast and Furious understood this with Brian.
    Hey man, I know when I go spend 20 bucks and 2.5 hours of my time to watch a movie, I want to be reminded of the tragic death of an actor! Makes the experience EXTRA enjoyable and worth it!
    Again I didnt say anything about a death scene. Especially if takes place during the blip. Queen Mother could be telling the story to Shuri how T'Challa faced off against Namor years before. Then we see a visual of it.

Astonishing Member

I think they’ll have T’Challa die but there’s no telling how long that’ll last. There may already be a plan to bring in a multiversal/resurrected version in time for BP3 or the inevitable BP4, the latter which I imagine Coogler would not be overly involved in. Death isn’t the end in the MCU and that’s doubly the case for BP.

They may not even have him die at all but lost in space or deep in the jungle communing with the gods. At this point if they can BS a way for any of these side characters to take on the mantle they can BS any number of ways for T’Challa to remain temporarily off the board. Whether they’ll do that is anyone’s guess but the creatives have a lot of options to work with. A death seems most likely just because it’ll pack the most emotional punch (and earn more praise) and it’s just as reversible as him being lost or on some kind of walkabout.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Killing him off would have some really bad long term effects. Especially since by the time the film is released, it will have been nearly two years since Chadwick’s passing and more people will have healed by then. Killing him off would just reopen a wound. Fast and Furious understood this with Brian.

You have him be in a coma in his own solo film, you kill him off in Infinity War, bring him back in Endgame only to kill him off in his own sequel again? I guess T'Challa's main purpose in the MCU is just to die. At least that's the message I'm getting if they indeed kill him off.

And please Marvel if someone is going to kill him, please don't let it be Namor.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

I dont think they'll kil T'Challa. I like the suggestions earlier. Maybe he's in space or commune with the Gods.

However, again this is someone who has worked on every Coogler film. Better let her know to tell Coogler dont have him killed by Namor, lol
    https://twitter.com/chinchilla1970

I really wish Ryan was on social media so he can really understand what people are out here thinking..

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    You have him be in a coma in his own solo film, you kill him off in Infinity War, bring him back in Endgame only to kill him off in his own sequel again? I guess T'Challa's main purpose in the MCU is just to die. At least that's the message I'm getting if they indeed kill him off.

And please Marvel if someone is going to kill him, please don't let it be Namor.
    I think the MCU T'Challa will probably not be killed, but die of other causes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Yeha, just let him die of cancer.

Go ahead and twist the wound all the way.

Lost in space/wormhole or snapped.

I do not need to see him die, again.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 06-11-2021 at 09:00 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Further validating the fact that death is his sole purpose in the MCU

It would look like Marvel is trying too hard to get an emotional response from its audience in order to get some level of praise if they did that

Ultimate Member

Cancer might be a bit on the nose.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Further validating the fact that death is his sole purpose in the MCU
    That's a bit of an exaggeration, don't you think?

Cancer might be a bit on the nose.

That's a bit of an exaggeration, don't you think?
    He "died" in his movie then died in IW and will likely be killed off in the sequel. Pretty accurate.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    He "died" in his movie then died in IW and will likely be killed off in the sequel. Pretty accurate.
    yeah, but I don't think that was the intention going into the MCU. It only resulted because Chadwick Boseman died.

Astonishing Member

This MCU talk is irritating so I’m gonna do my best to not engage anymore lol. Just want my comics and these games, the only places I can expect something I’ll enjoy.

Did we ever talk about how T’Challa ended up being Ronin in Heroes Reborn? Seems like Wakanda is off in deep space so I’m wondering what purpose he had coming back to Earth. And I really love the short cape with the strap, it’s so retro but cool and it’d be dope if he T’Challa wore it more often.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

they won't kill him off. he likely has been kidnapped or on a space mission or something.

also Black Panther was made it to number 22 with top sales. im so proud of coates!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!