Page 5 of 1006 FirstFirst 12345678915551055051005 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    In the interests of getting this back on the first page where it belongs, I'm gonna ask . . . Where do you want to see Black Panther and the World of Wakanda in the future? When I say the future, I mean something like in the setting of Marvel 2099, Avengers 20XX with a grown-up Dani Cage as Captain America, or even DC's upcoming Future State revamp. How do you think the Black Panther and Wakanda overall will have evolved in the future of the Marvel Universe, and how do you envision that evolution?
    A true heir to Tchalla ( if its Azuri so be it as long as hes Wakanda first)

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Alloweth me to christen thee properly...

Wakanda.

The Design Group labs.

Things have gotten desperate since the disappearance of king T'challa.

General Okoye, Queen Nakia, Princess Shuri and some random Dora third from the right are the last remaining Wakandans barricaded inside the lab.

Why exactly just these female characters were the only ones left and no other male characters in sight was astronomical to say the least.

(insert Russo brothers wink right about here)

The loud thumping at the door indicated that the enemy was close to breaking in.

Just then... A lone Royal Talon landed on the runway as a figure cloaked in full Black Panther gear arrived.

Dude straight jacked, hacked and slashed his way through the enemy like a BOSS!

(Note: Don't worry about who or what the enemy is or look looks like because this is fan fiction and I aint drawing ish unless you pay me)

Anyway...

The Black Panther arrives as General Okoye releases the barricaded door hatch allowing their hero and savior to enter with full dramatic remix music by Ludwig Gorannson.

General Okoye: "Took you long enough."

Princess Shuri: "Cutting it pretty close there brother."

Queen Nakia: "So what I'm just glad you made it beloved."

Queen Nakia embraces her long lost love and yanks off his mask for a warm welcoming kiss only to reveal...

Luke Skywalker!

Queen Nakia: "WTF!!!"

Suddenly... From out of nowhere the Ludwig Gorannson remix turns into a John Williams classic.

Luke Skywalker: "I'm not here to rescue you I came for Grogu."

Princess Shuri: "Grogu??? Oh you mean Baby Yoda."

General Okoye: "Baby Yoda... Who the FRAK is Baby Yoda!"

Luke points to the cute little green guy that had ben secretly hiding underneath the lab table this whole time... Get it "this whole time"

Grogu/Baby Yoda: "Be-beep coooo."

Queen Nakia: "This is getting very convoluted up in here!"

General Okoye: "That's great but why then are you wearing Black Panther gear and not a standard issue Jedi robe and green light saber?"

Luke Skywalker: "Marketing and product placement."

Princess Shuri: "That settles that... Here take the baby I think he needs a diaper change though."

Luke Skywalker: "You ladies wanna help a brotha out..."

General Okoye: "Nope... I don't do diapers."

Queen Nakia: "Naw, you got that... Washroom is down the hall to the left."

As Luke strolls down the hall with Grogu/Baby Yoda staring at the ladies over his shoulder smiling one silent figure speaks out.

The Random Dora: "So this is what it's going to be like without T'challa... Just random stuff making it up as we go along."

General Okoye: "You shouldn't speak."

Random Dora: "Why not?"

Queen Nakia: "Because then Disney will have to pay you."

Princess Shuri: "Yeah, just stand in the corner, look deeply concerned and point your spear menacingly but do not utter a word."

General Okoye: "Plus you will probably die like some unknown faceless stormtrooper that can't shoot straight anyway but I aint said nothing!"

Happy New Year Wakandans!
    Magnificent!!

Extraordinary Member

In the interests of getting this back on the first page where it belongs, I'm gonna ask . . . Where do you want to see Black Panther and the World of Wakanda in the future? When I say the future, I mean something like in the setting of Marvel 2099, Avengers 20XX with a grown-up Dani Cage as Captain America, or even DC's upcoming Future State revamp. How do you think the Black Panther and Wakanda overall will have evolved in the future of the Marvel Universe, and how do you envision that evolution?
    Jakkara waking up from stasis, fully recovered and cured, and now realizing he’s in the Wakanda of the future. And he’s our POV character. Regretful of his sins, he seeks out the latest Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Alloweth me to christen thee properly...

Wakanda.

The Design Group labs.

Things have gotten desperate since the disappearance of king T'challa.

General Okoye, Queen Nakia, Princess Shuri and some random Dora third from the right are the last remaining Wakandans barricaded inside the lab.

Why exactly just these female characters were the only ones left and no other male characters in sight was astronomical to say the least.

(insert Russo brothers wink right about here)

The loud thumping at the door indicated that the enemy was close to breaking in.

Just then... A lone Royal Talon landed on the runway as a figure cloaked in full Black Panther gear arrived.

Dude straight jacked, hacked and slashed his way through the enemy like a BOSS!

(Note: Don't worry about who or what the enemy is or look looks like because this is fan fiction and I aint drawing ish unless you pay me)

Anyway...

The Black Panther arrives as General Okoye releases the barricaded door hatch allowing their hero and savior to enter with full dramatic remix music by Ludwig Gorannson.

General Okoye: "Took you long enough."

Princess Shuri: "Cutting it pretty close there brother."

Queen Nakia: "So what I'm just glad you made it beloved."

Queen Nakia embraces her long lost love and yanks off his mask for a warm welcoming kiss only to reveal...

Luke Skywalker!

Queen Nakia: "WTF!!!"

Suddenly... From out of nowhere the Ludwig Gorannson remix turns into a John Williams classic.

Luke Skywalker: "I'm not here to rescue you I came for Grogu."

Princess Shuri: "Grogu??? Oh you mean Baby Yoda."

General Okoye: "Baby Yoda... Who the FRAK is Baby Yoda!"

Luke points to the cute little green guy that had ben secretly hiding underneath the lab table this whole time... Get it "this whole time"

Grogu/Baby Yoda: "Be-beep coooo."

Queen Nakia: "This is getting very convoluted up in here!"

General Okoye: "That's great but why then are you wearing Black Panther gear and not a standard issue Jedi robe and green light saber?"

Luke Skywalker: "Marketing and product placement."

Princess Shuri: "That settles that... Here take the baby I think he needs a diaper change though."

Luke Skywalker: "You ladies wanna help a brotha out..."

General Okoye: "Nope... I don't do diapers."

Queen Nakia: "Naw, you got that... Washroom is down the hall to the left."

As Luke strolls down the hall with Grogu/Baby Yoda staring at the ladies over his shoulder smiling one silent figure speaks out.

The Random Dora: "So this is what it's going to be like without T'challa... Just random stuff making it up as we go along."

General Okoye: "You shouldn't speak."

Random Dora: "Why not?"

Queen Nakia: "Because then Disney will have to pay you."

Princess Shuri: "Yeah, just stand in the corner, look deeply concerned and point your spear menacingly but do not utter a word."

General Okoye: "Plus you will probably die like some unknown faceless stormtrooper that can't shoot straight anyway but I aint said nothing!"
    We both know the daggers will be out for Nakia if she becomes the next Black Panther in the MCU. I know I got no support for that when I bought her as a replacement in the last thread, she may as well have not been in the film, despite the fact she was proven right at every step. But comparing any replacement for T'Challa being a white man from another franchise is funny, that's what mattered. The parody still gave Luke too much humanity really dig deep into the colonizer schtick to drive the point home. I don't think Nakia or Okoye would be afraid of doing diapers, or worse, being jerks to spite Luke because that's what's defined them over the years. Being jerks ands hating babies.

You have real talent here, such a waste to spent on hateful parodies like that.

Happy New Year Wakandans!

Don't you mean T'Challa, because it sure isn't about Wakanda. We both know the above was about any MCU Wakandan replacing him. Nakia, Okoye, Shuri, M'Baku - whoever the MCU picks as T'Challa's successor is going to be the next "Luke," all because an actor died from cancer who was hard too recast.

This is a Black Panther thread aka Tchalla.
    Whether he meant Tchallas or Wakandans is a moot point. If you would like to start a thread for Nakia and all of her adventures then no one is stopping you.

Astonishing Member

Huh that's an interesting question. Like with many 2099 settings, I'd like to see a dystopian vision of Wakanda, where T'Challa's vision for an open kingdom fails and a war broke out between them and rest of the world. Wakanda is the winner but at great cost and as the world rises from the ashes, the kingdom has substantially evolved to reflect a twisted version of everything T'Challa believes.

The vibranium processing plants that once powered their economy can no longer be safely operated, resulting in production that pollutes the environment with all kinds of mutagens, making the Savage Land look like Disneyland. Similar to Doom 2099, the Wakandans are a warlike, mercenary people who's primary source of income lie in selling their services to the fledgling nations of Earth. Tricked out with vibranium cybernetics and HSH-based serums, Wakandans are universally feared as the greatest assassins, spies, and raiders.

They've become so driven by foreign war and profit that they've commodified their own culture and dismissed their gods. Challenge Day is a corporate event televised to foreign spectators where BP candidates must defeat a weakened and broken Panther God. The Wakandans are controlled by a council of commanders who can only be succeeded via assassination. They "worship" the Kimoyo network, a shared cyberspace and digital heaven every child is given access to at age 10. The current Black Panther would be a son of T'Challa and Monica Lynne.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    We both know the daggers will be out for Nakia if she becomes the next Black Panther in the MCU. I know I got no support for that when I bought her as a replacement in the last thread, she may as well have not been in the film, despite the fact she was proven right at every step. But comparing any replacement for T'Challa being a white man from another franchise is funny, that's what mattered. The parody still gave Luke too much humanity really dig deep into the colonizer schtick to drive the point home. I don't think Nakia or Okoye would be afraid of doing diapers, or worse, being jerks to spite Luke because that's what's defined them over the years. Being jerks ands hating babies.

You have real talent here, such a waste to spent on hateful parodies like that.

Don't you mean T'Challa, because it sure isn't about Wakanda. We both know the above was about any MCU Wakandan replacing him. Nakia, Okoye, Shuri, M'Baku - whoever the MCU picks as T'Challa's successor is going to be the next "Luke," all because an actor died from cancer who was hard too recast.
    It's not too hard to recast. Disney is simply using Chadwick passing as an excuse to seal away the biggest Black male lead in Cinema and hiding it under the guise that no one could play T'Challa except Chad, while simultaneously talking about how Chad is such a trailblazer (apparently not realizing the irony of what they are doing) In what he did in his way to short career

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Huh that's an interesting question. Like with many 2099 settings, I'd like to see a dystopian vision of Wakanda, where T'Challa's vision for an open kingdom fails and a war broke out between them and rest of the world. Wakanda is the winner but at great cost and as the world rises from the ashes, the kingdom has substantially evolved to reflect a twisted version of everything T'Challa believes.

The vibranium processing plants that once powered their economy can no longer be safely operated, resulting in production that pollutes the environment with all kinds of mutagens, making the Savage Land look like Disneyland. Similar to Doom 2099, the Wakandans are a warlike, mercenary people who's primary source of income lie in selling their services to the fledgling nations of Earth. Tricked out with vibranium cybernetics and HSH-based serums, Wakandans are universally feared as the greatest assassins, spies, and raiders.

They've become so driven by foreign war and profit that they've commodified their own culture and dismissed their gods. Challenge Day is a corporate event televised to foreign spectators where BP candidates must defeat a weakened and broken Panther God. The Wakandans are controlled by a council of commanders who can only be succeeded via assassination. They "worship" the Kimoyo network, a shared cyberspace and digital heaven every child is given access to at age 10. The current Black Panther would be a son of T'Challa and Monica Lynne.
    That a cool concept, I personally don't like It to seem as though Wakanda is on the brink of savagery and staved off only by the royal family, but I COULD get behind a twist that on challenge day, A Black Panther is defeated jabaris new leader and this ushers is a paradigm change. Where the jabari and white gorrila cult take over and the Golden city becomes the. Jabari lands of this new Wakanda. Leading to what you mentioned above about Wakanda changing up tactics, but it's because they follow the gorrila god instead, and then the new BP T'Challas son

I like Hudlin's take on a future Wakanda. But in my version, he'd have more than one kid.

Also Wakanda would have made all of Earth a technological marvel.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Whether he meant Tchallas or Wakandans is a moot point. If you would like to start a thread for Nakia and all of her adventures then no one is stopping you.
    That's quite frankly the only thing that can be done. I've advocated for Nakia taking the mantle but even if it happens I'm honest enough to admit I'll still feel a way about T'Challa being removed from the MCU. So poking fun at the character will probably happen and those who want a less critical outlook can make their own thread for her. Same goes for Shuri, Okoye, M'Baku, or Killmonger. This is a T'Challa-centric thread and fans are going to discuss the franchise from the vantage point of preferring that character. Nothing is stopping that poster from making a Nakia appreciation thread.
    Last edited by chief12d; 01-03-2021 at 07:47 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    That a cool concept, I personally don't like It to seem as though Wakanda is on the brink of savagery and staved off only by the royal family, but I COULD get behind a twist that on challenge day, A Black Panther is defeated jabaris new leader and this ushers is a paradigm change. Where the jabari and white gorrila cult take over and the Golden city becomes the. Jabari lands of this new Wakanda. Leading to what you mentioned above about Wakanda changing up tactics, but it's because they follow the gorrila god instead, and then the new BP T'Challas son
    In an infinite number of alternate timelines, playing around with dystopian futures can be a lot of fun. That's actually the point of 2099 lol. It's not really about poorly characterizing the franchise or character, just showing one of the many ways they can end up in a dark but interesting place.

I like your idea a lot of having the Wakandans convert to the White Gorilla God. That'd be a great chance to showcase the different philosophies and beliefs that religion has compared to the Panther Cult. And inverting the relationship between the Golden City and the rest of the kingdom would be dope just for all the tension that would cause for the reigning BP.

That's quite frankly the only thing that can be done. I've advocated for Nakia taking the mantle but even if it happens I'm honest enough to admit I'll still feel a way about T'Challa being removed from the MCU. So poking fun at the character will probably happen and those who want a more positive outlook can make their own thread for her. Same goes for Shuri, Okoye, M'Baku, or Killmonger. This is a T'Challa-centric thread and fans are going to discuss the franchise from the vantage point of preferring that character. Nothing is stopping that poster from making a Nakia appreciation thread.
    Yeah, that would be the best thing to do because something like that is not going to go over well in this thread.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It's not too hard to recast. Disney is simply using Chadwick passing as an excuse to seal away the biggest Black male lead in Cinema and hiding it under the guise that no one could play T'Challa except Chad, while simultaneously talking about how Chad is such a trailblazer (apparently not realizing the irony of what they are doing) In what he did in his way to short career
    Why do people always pretend that companies don't like money? Disney would send pipe bombs through the mail if it made them a million bucks a pop.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Funny, I don't see any complaints about Luke Skywalker replacing T'Challa with that parody. It's not a moot point, the argument was to disparage any and all replacements in the MCU as being wrong. Didn't stop the last thread for dropping the hammer on Shuri replacing T'Challa in the MCU since she was the biggest threat.

In an infinite number of alternate timelines, playing around with dystopian futures can be a lot of fun. That's actually the point of 2099 lol. It's not really about poorly characterizing the franchise or character, just showing one of the many ways they can end up in a dark but interesting place.

I like your idea a lot of having the Wakandans convert to the White Gorilla God. That'd be a great chance to showcase the different philosophies and beliefs that religion has compared to the Panther Cult. And inverting the relationship between the Golden City and the rest of the kingdom would be dope just for all the tension that would cause for the reigning BP.
    I think it would be a fun idea to play with especially because it then gives the tension as you said and then it flips and shows how Wakanda with a different religion operates. I would read the isht outta it lol