Page 500 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 4004504904964974984995005015025035045105506001000 ... LastLast
Results 7,486 to 7,500 of 15079
    Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Gotta admit this looks better than the films throne room

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Kevin said the same thing for Coogler despite meeting with Ava Duverney to direct the film lol
    Dont forget F. Gary Gray.

Kevin said the same thing for Coogler despite meeting with Ava Duverney to direct the film lol
    Feige is a hype man. Every film is “our best one yet”, every director is “our first pick, the one we dreamed about working with because of how perfectly they fit into our family”, etc. Can’t take him at his word he definitely had a few other choices in his pocket if Chadwick wasn’t interested.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

errrr You got a source on that?

It began when Marvel Studios’ vice president of development and production Nate Moore invited Coogler to dinner in late 2015. The studio had initially courted Coogler’s friend and fellow director Ava DuVernay, but artistic visions jarred and they parted ways. Coogler was busy finishing Creed, but didn’t think twice about making time for a meeting. “I had a bunch of questions,” he says.

In fact, Coogler was so curious that Marvel Studios’ president Kevin Feige — viewed by comic-book fans the world over as something of a pop-culture demi-god, laughs when he recalls an early encounter. “I’ve said this before, although Ryan would never put it this way — the truth is even just a few minutes into our meeting with him, I realised he was interviewing us more than we were interviewing him.”
    "It was in those early discussions that we had with [director Ryan Coogler], that he had with Nate Moore, our executive producer at Marvel who brought him in to meet with us.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 06-14-2021 at 04:02 PM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I mean, it is great for a video game or cartoon but it looks too much like MCU Asgard. Way too much gold.

I tbasically took the MCU versiona nd went "ADD MORE GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

“We are fortunate to have such an esteemed filmmaker join the Marvel family,” said Feige in a statement. “The talents Ryan showcased in his first two films easily made him our top choice to direct ‘Black Panther.’ Many fans have waited a long time to see Black Panther in his own film, and with Ryan we know we’ve found the perfect director to bring T’Challa’s story to life.”
    https://variety.com/2016/film/news/b...or-1201677418/

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I mean, it is great for a video game or cartoon but it looks too much like MCU Asgard. Way too much gold.

I tbasically took the MCU versiona nd went "ADD MORE GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    I mean...It's called the golden city after all

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Have to agree..

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    errrr You got a source on that?
    Man this is the "Wakanda was always the focus and plan from the start" line all over again lol. It's Kevin's word vs Kevins word. Which is it? The one that (they hope) appeases the masses the best

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

And we've made it to 500 pages. Congratulations, Black Panther Appreciation Thread!
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And we've made it to 500 pages. Congratulations, Black Panther Appreciation Thread!
    The only black hero thread to reach it and not just rely on pics or praising someone or questioning skills.

So, is it wrong to like seeing men outside of T'Challa having stronger presence in the throne room.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    So, is it wrong to like seeing men outside of T'Challa having stronger presence in the throne room.
    if its wrong I don't want to be right.

Ryan has to be careful about making it too female dominant in the sequel. The women are fierce, intelligent, beautiful and awesome. So I hope they stay that way. However, with no T'Challa you cant tilt it so heavy to just women. Its gotta be even. Cant have them seeming to blend into the background. I really felt like (because of the deleted scenes) we didnt get enough understanding of the border tribe.

Sidenote: Am I wrong for cringing at all the "make M'Baku the new Black Panther" takes? From his comic core he was a sometime villain and antagonist.

Also seeing twitter want him as Black Panther because of "Thicc bae" is cringeworthy.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 06-14-2021 at 10:16 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    It looks better than the solo film attire, but the Civil War costume is still the GOAT. If they ever bring T'Challa back to the MCU, I hope they return to a look similar to that.
    Civil War costume looked like a car tire pattern mess..I don't know why people like that bulky ish