Page 501 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 4014514914974984995005015025035045055115516011001 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,515 of 15079
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I saw the trailer and I'm curious to see how it all comes together but the whole "steal the vibranium" storyline feels really bludgeoned to death.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Ryan has to be careful about making it too female dominant in the sequel. The women are fierce, intelligent, beautiful and awesome. So I hope they stay that way. However, with no T'Challa you cant tilt it so heavy to just women. Its gotta be even. Cant have them seeming to blend into the background. I really felt like (because of the deleted scenes) we didnt get enough understanding of the border tribe.

Sidenote: Am I wrong for cringing at all the "make M'Baku the new Black Panther" takes? From his comic core he was a sometime villain and antagonist.

Also seeing twitter want him as Black Panther because of "Thicc bae" is cringeworthy.
    I’m past the point of caring about what Twitter thinks. They are at the point where they’ll just pull the name of any Black character out of a hat and say said character should succeed T’Challa. Hell I saw some idiots say that W’kabi should be the new BP. Lmao.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Top choice =/= only choice.

With Chadwick, he only asked one person with no interviews or auditions or anything.

This isn't the same thing with coogler.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I saw the trailer and I'm curious to see how it all comes together but the whole "steal the vibranium" storyline feels really bludgeoned to death.
    Every new universe seems to take their shot at it.

Only one more overdone is "take the throne". Hell, even Coatesy did that one lol.

But, then again, all main characters have their "main storyline" based on one of their main characteristics. How many times has Stark stopped people from using his armor tech? Or Banner fighting Hulk? Or Thor defending the 9 realms? So it isn't really that odd honestly.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Every new universe seems to take their shot at it.

Only one more overdone is "take the throne". Hell, even Coatesy did that one lol.

But, then again, all main characters have their "main storyline" based on one of their main characteristics. How many times has Stark stopped people from using his armor tech? Or Banner fighting Hulk? Or Thor defending the 9 realms? So it isn't really that odd honestly.
    To me I think it's interesting they they went with a seemingly evil Indiana Jones angle for klaw. He Kinda looks like an older Nathan Drake from uncharted, which I think they could then play that up and make him a smooth talker and had this charm about him that makes people gravitate towards him or let their guard down. To Which he uses to his advantage. All except for T'Challa. Who sees him for what he is. To T'Challa, he has always been a sound monster.

But I'ma still say, based off the trailer, ot just reinforces that T'Challa needs his own separate game that is open world through Wakanda

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    So, is it wrong to like seeing men outside of T'Challa having stronger presence in the throne room.
    Did they tho lol? Shuri and Okoye were the only characters mentioned in the interview by the developers and who got to appear in the trailer, all we saw of the non-T’Challa men was what appeared to be royal guards. Doesn’t seem like we’ll be getting strong portrayals of T’Challa’s male supporting cast unless M’Baku makes an appearance as an ally or they do a deep cut like Vibraxas.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Ryan has to be careful about making it too female dominant in the sequel. The women are fierce, intelligent, beautiful and awesome. So I hope they stay that way. However, with no T'Challa you cant tilt it so heavy to just women. Its gotta be even. Cant have them seeming to blend into the background. I really felt like (because of the deleted scenes) we didnt get enough understanding of the border tribe.

Sidenote: Am I wrong for cringing at all the "make M'Baku the new Black Panther" takes? From his comic core he was a sometime villain and antagonist.

Also seeing twitter want him as Black Panther because of "Thicc bae" is cringeworthy.
    Zuri’s dead and wasn’t cool like he is in the comics, W’Kabi got character assassinated and there’s been no indication he’ll return, and T’Challa will be out of the sequel. The only black male character left is M’Baku, the third most popular supporting character from the first movie and the chances of the film introducing a Kasper Cole or Vibraxas is very low given all the stuff they gotta handle.

A lot of the sequel is gonna be about dealing with T’Challa’s death/disappearance and developing the substantial cast still left. And if the rumors are true the villain is Namor that’s a whole new corner of the MCU that needs to get introduced. The next film is likely gonna go all in on the girl power angle because all they basically have left is women lol (Shuri, Okoye, Nakia, Ramonda) and that might very well be how the franchise gets defined going forward as frankly I think we’re far more likely to see the Midnight Angels and QDJ than the Crew or Zawavari.

With there being multiple spin-offs apparently in development maybe we do see men outside T’Challa given strong roles both as support and leads but I’m not sure Coogler will do that. Honestly I don’t think he’s interested based on how he approached the first film but who knows. But on the big screen I expect the movies to embrace the fact the women massively outnumber the men and I think for a sizable portion of the audience and reviewers that will make it that much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    To me I think it's interesting they they went with a seemingly evil Indiana Jones angle for klaw. He Kinda looks like an older Nathan Drake from uncharted, which I think they could then play that up and make him a smooth talker and had this charm about him that makes people gravitate towards him or let their guard down. To Which he uses to his advantage. All except for T'Challa. Who sees him for what he is. To T'Challa, he has always been a sound monster.

But I'ma still say, based off the trailer, ot just reinforces that T'Challa needs his own separate game that is open world through Wakanda
    Really love how they made his sound creature form a giant monster. Hell, this is the T’Challa vs Klaw battle we should’ve gotten in the MCU.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Killmonger is trending because Twitter is still arguing about the whole "Killmonger was right" thing and comparing him to Thanos, Joker, and Omni Man when it comes to the "villain was right" belief.

Breaking news: People on Twitter make stupid takes. In other news, the sky is blue.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Always found the whole thing amusing

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Killmonger is trending because Twitter is still arguing about the whole "Killmonger was right" thing and comparing him to Thanos, Joker, and Omni Man when it comes to the "villain was right" belief.
    ... Omni-Man?

What lol? How does that one work haha?

Especially since it is just based on the TV show???

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Zuri’s dead and wasn’t cool like he is in the comics, W’Kabi got character assassinated and there’s been no indication he’ll return, and T’Challa will be out of the sequel. The only black male character left is M’Baku, the third most popular supporting character from the first movie and the chances of the film introducing a Kasper Cole or Vibraxas is very low given all the stuff they gotta handle.

A lot of the sequel is gonna be about dealing with T’Challa’s death/disappearance and developing the substantial cast still left. And if the rumors are true the villain is Namor that’s a whole new corner of the MCU that needs to get introduced. The next film is likely gonna go all in on the girl power angle because all they basically have left is women lol (Shuri, Okoye, Nakia, Ramonda) and that might very well be how the franchise gets defined going forward as frankly I think we’re far more likely to see the Midnight Angels and QDJ than the Crew or Zawavari.

With there being multiple spin-offs apparently in development maybe we do see men outside T’Challa given strong roles both as support and leads but I’m not sure Coogler will do that. Honestly I don’t think he’s interested based on how he approached the first film but who knows. But on the big screen I expect the movies to embrace the fact the women massively outnumber the men and I think for a sizable portion of the audience and reviewers that will make it that much better.
    The whole franchise was set up to support T'challa.

Now T'challa is yoinked out and this is what you are left with. Without T'challa, W'kabi potential redemption arc can't work. Nakia seemingly has no place at all now. Okoye whole thing was defend the throne aka T'challa. Shuri exists to make T'challa gadgets. Mbaku's whole arc was being brought back in the fold by T'challa.

That is perfect writing for SUPPORTING characters. Coogler did that **** right. Which is hwy you can't just take the dude holding everything up out.

But... just because the whole cast is black and people love to exaggerate, they act like the supporting cast was some godsend and each deserve there own ****.

Incredible Member

Confirmed by her "sources"

https://youtu.be/HWeJQ8RsT0Y

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Gotta say I'm kinda excited to see the fallout of Namor. Should be great for conversations. Although removing T'Challa you miss someone that can really go back and forth with.

Shuri doesnt seem ready for a verbal war. Nakia moves around too much to be able to identify with him as well.

Curious how Coogler spins it.