Page 511 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 11411461501507508509510511512513514515521561611 ... LastLast
Results 7,651 to 7,665 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Twitter is saying the 3rd act of Black Widow is a CGI mess.

Its the same VFX crew who worked on Black Panther.

Now Imdb is saying there are new VFX people working on the sequel, but it is early. Hopefully they dont bring them back.
    It wil be curious if it is a "mess" or if there is just a lot of cgi big battle.

Twitter is really weird... they love their super hero movies until... they do the super hero stuff lol?

Big cgi spectacle is inherit to Comic book movies. Peple bitchd about Wandavision and FalWS too and I was so confused lol

But they've had ages to finis Widow, I don't see how it coudl be that bad?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

E-man went in on Grace Randolph lol

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    I wonder how involved T'Challa will be in this event. On one hand, it's good to see our mans being a major player on Marvel event's. On the other, x writers always gonna have us sweating lol

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Fortunately (or not), Dark Ages is supposed to be outside mainstream MU continuity, so I doubt anything that happens there'll end up having a lasting impact on T'Challa and Wakanda.
    ooooooo

well, it can't be worse than tripping and falling and breaking your neck in AoU right?

Alternate realities are not always kind lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Screen Rant
    @screenrant
    Sebastian Stan says he would "absolutely" return as Bucky in a Wakanda-based MCU movie or show.

Because of Bucky’s connection to Wakanda, I think a lot of people are hoping to see you maybe in future Wakanda stories. I know you don’t know anything. I know they don’t tell you anything. I know, even if they did, you couldn’t tell me anything. But is that something you would want to do?

Absolutely. I mean, just like thinking about it now with the whole Chadwick [Boseman] thing is just so crazy. With him, I was always really enamored because I remember on that Civil War movie we met and he had come in and he was new and it’s sort of the introduction of his character. And I was like, “Oh my God, this guy is going to blow everyone away.” You know what I mean? There was such a commitment and dedication to everything he was doing. It was just so crazy. And we had a lot of these fight sequences and I remember being terrified of going into those scenes with him. And we went for it. We really went for it. Because I was like, “Okay, he’s really showing up. I got to stand tall. I got to show up.” And then afterwards we would just do these little fist bumps, like, “Cool, we’re good.”

Then after we shot, I spent some time, a little bit, when we would tease each other on these press tours and we would be laughing. It was really cool. And I just, in my head, I’d always hoped that there was just going to be more. So it’s just crazy to even wrap my mind around the idea of being in any world without him there. I just can’t even imagine it really in my mind. But obviously I always felt like, in my little scene at the end of Black Panther, I was always like, “Ah, I’m part of the war. I’m part of that movie.” I felt so good—that little scene.
    https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...social_twitter

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Twitter is saying the 3rd act of Black Widow is a CGI mess.
    I feel like there's no reason for Black Widow's CGI to be anything but flawless given the extra time they've had to put into it.

BTW, I finished A Nation Under Our Feet. The last four issues definitely dragged. I generally enjoy issues with philosophical discussions and political maneuvering, but it was entirely too much. Issue 11 had some decent action that livened it up a bit, though. The most interesting things were the characters of Shuri and Changamire. Shuri's new powers make her extremely powerful. On the other hand, this calmer, wiser Shuri doesn't really feel like the same established character. Also, visually, she looks unrecognizable. Outside of her costume, I thought she was supposed to be her mother. Changamire works well as someone who is a philosopher who has never been forced to confront the reality of his theories. There was a time he seemed like he might be a self-insert character for Coates's own views on kingship but, if so, Coates is criticizing himself pretty heavily since the character really gets knocked down a peg.

I remembered thinking originally that I didn't understand the ending. I chalked it up to delays and the monthly format and maybe I didn't remember everything. Re-reading it, I realized that there isn't much to get. Speaking of Changamire, I remember his big moment taking away Zenzi's mind control powers by removing the hatred against the King. Re-reading it, he only did that for some of the people and the rest of the soldiers killed them. So all he really accomplished is the deaths of a few brainwashed soldiers. Best I can tell, it was the army of the dead that saved the day and not anything else that had been built up. I think there's some thematic connection that the Wakandan people of the past are saving the Wakanda of today, but it's not particularly strong.

Overall, I enjoyed a lot of this story. But I do think the writing was stronger in the beginning and fizzled out by the end. Not looking forward to World of Wakanda, but that'll be next.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Ultimate Member

I kinda felt similarly. I like the idea of Wakanda changing and looking into itself thinking "maybe we haven't always been right." But the dialogue gets a little long winded. And Shuri didn't seem like as nice of a person after she was resurrected. Although T'Challa is a king so I expect him to spend time talking more than fighting sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I feel like there's no reason for Black Widow's CGI to be anything but flawless given the extra time they've had to put into it.
    maybe the super sharp loss of revenue with Covid means Disney didn't want ot pay for any extra work.

Hell, they alread wasted money advertising the movie before the had to pus hit back a ton

But I do think the writing was stronger in the beginning and fizzled out by the end.
    I think you can say that for all of Coates comic work.

His original ideas aren't horrible... he just doesn't know what to do outside of that.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Yeah, I'm expecting the second arc to be worse than the first because the first was at least written as a whole and then edited before publication. After that, there's definite signs that he was writing as he went along, which is perfectly fine for comic writers but doesn't seem to be his strength.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I kinda felt similarly. I like the idea of Wakanda changing and looking into itself thinking "maybe we haven't always been right." But the dialogue gets a little long winded. And Shuri didn't seem like as nice of a person after she was resurrected. Although T'Challa is a king so I expect him to spend time talking more than fighting sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post

BTW, I finished A Nation Under Our Feet. The last four issues definitely dragged. I generally enjoy issues with philosophical discussions and political maneuvering, but it was entirely too much. Issue 11 had some decent action that livened it up a bit, though. The most interesting things were the characters of Shuri and Changamire. Shuri's new powers make her extremely powerful. On the other hand, this calmer, wiser Shuri doesn't really feel like the same established character. Also, visually, she looks unrecognizable. Outside of her costume, I thought she was supposed to be her mother. Changamire works well as someone who is a philosopher who has never been forced to confront the reality of his theories. There was a time he seemed like he might be a self-insert character for Coates's own views on kingship but, if so, Coates is criticizing himself pretty heavily since the character really gets knocked down a peg.

I remembered thinking originally that I didn't understand the ending. I chalked it up to delays and the monthly format and maybe I didn't remember everything. Re-reading it, I realized that there isn't much to get. Speaking of Changamire, I remember his big moment taking away Zenzi's mind control powers by removing the hatred against the King. Re-reading it, he only did that for some of the people and the rest of the soldiers killed them. So all he really accomplished is the deaths of a few brainwashed soldiers. Best I can tell, it was the army of the dead that saved the day and not anything else that had been built up. I think there's some thematic connection that the Wakandan people of the past are saving the Wakanda of today, but it's not particularly strong.

Overall, I enjoyed a lot of this story. But I do think the writing was stronger in the beginning and fizzled out by the end. Not looking forward to World of Wakanda, but that'll be next.
    I mean, by and Large, Coates best season was S 1 because he had it completed. Beginning middle and end. Granted, the ending was still weak AF and like all 3 season's, his endings all end with a rush job because he spins tires on the final issues, it's still the best (but this is still like taking the 3 worst boxers and history and finding out who's the "best" of those 3)of his entire run

Random. But I wish we were getting a book about T'challa's challenges being an Intergalactic Emperor. I honestly don't see how the world governments aren't going crazy in the Marvel Universe. The Wakandan Empire now has literal planets at their disposal, I'm sure the World Leaders would freak out more about that even more than they would at knowing the mutants were colonizing Mars. Or idk maybe they would drift towards Wakanda as being their only defense against the threat of arrako
    After reading Priest's run on Black Panther, I can truly said I've learned nothing, but I remember everything!
    I'm back from the Djailia!
    Since D9 exists in the MU, T'challa is definitely an Alpha! (Don't Debate me)

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    E-man went in on Grace Randolph lol
    Of course he should, some of the shot that comes out of her mouth is so cringey and full of misinformation it's embarrassing. Like, damn do your research a little? Try not to sound ignorant and low-key racist??? So many people got on her about the BP video she put out and tore her a knew one with all the misinformed **** she was saying

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    God forbid consumers want content that makes an ounce of sense involving characters they like. "What if Captain America was Uncle Ben" aint it. That time and money could have been used to give fans a fully animated SWAD cartoon.

Thus...complaints
    What ifs never said made sense that's why they're else world stories..
    All this wonderful BP content and the complaints continue.

What If.....They recast T'Challa?
    Last edited by Dboi654; 06-19-2021 at 09:34 AM.

20210619_115020.jpg

Just now saw these at the Meijers today. I ain't as anti McGreggor as some so I about pulled this $19 trigger. Had it been Priest/Texeira on the same pair of shorts they'd have been the wardrobe for summer '21.

Jokes about Coates era apearel write them damn selves.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.