Page 523 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 23423473513519520521522523524525526527533573623 ... LastLast
Results 7,831 to 7,845 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I want space Wakanda, just not "Coates" space Wakanda. lol
    I think the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda deserves it's own book, while the main book focuses on T'challa and Wakanda Prime. That's what they seem to be doing with the anniliation tie-in and i'm fine with that. Also since T'challa has an Intergalactic Empire at his disposal, he's currently the ONLY world leader on Earth (maybe even in Sol) that has the ability to take on Planet Arrako which is currently being ruled by his Ex-Wife.

Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy561 View Post
    I think the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda deserves it's own book, while the main book focuses on T'challa and Wakanda Prime. That's what they seem to be doing with the anniliation tie-in and i'm fine with that. Also since T'challa has an Intergalactic Empire at his disposal, he's currently the ONLY world leader on Earth (maybe even in Sol) that has the ability to take on Planet Arrako which is currently being ruled by his Ex-Wife.
    I want them to eliminate the Empire because its just an advanced version of America now as apposed to the Pre Civil War America that Coates introduced it as . Start over with a few planets and build from scratch.
    Last edited by Cville; 06-24-2021 at 10:48 AM.

Mighty Member

I want Ridley to at least mention the techno jungle
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

So its possible that its T'Baku with the BP mantle
    Charles Murphy
    @_CharlesMurphy
    Watching #BlackPanther & remembering meeting Winston Duke and feeling like a child next to him. I'm 6'2" and was about 230 at the time and he absolutely dwarfed me. Charisma just flowed from the guy. Hoping, like many of you, for him to continue on in the #MCU in a big role.

I want them to eliminate the Empire because its just an advanced version of America now as apposed to the Pre Civil War America that Coates introduced it as . Start over with a few planets and build from scratch.
    This. There is nothing interesting or cool about IGEW, it's not going to be used to it's full capacity as it's so large. At best it gets mentioned here and there as a potent concern, and at worst it becomes a Jobber to show how big of a threat something is. Either way Wakanda prime is better atleast has done connection to T'Challa to it

Tchalla did appear for one panel in wolverine 13. I think the guy he is about to shake hands with is the comedian from mr, iglesias on netflix. No idea who the guy in the back is.

tchalla.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Nice appearance. The way they draw TCHalla’s gauntlet is so 70’s. DC does a better job of drawing Red Lion than Marvel does at drawing TChalla. DC also has better animated shows and movies than Marvel. But Marvel movies stomp DC movies. Look at how they draw Red Lion who is an homage to Panther.

You see his gauntlets and wrist? That’s how it’s supposed to look.

Smh. It’s like he’s wearing athletic socks on his hands.
    Last edited by Vanguard; 06-24-2021 at 11:53 AM.

T'challa was also in F4: Life Story for a little bit

gave a speech, got blasted by doom along with everyone else, nothing crazy.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

That I’d like to see. I want T’Challa to actually be the one responsible for the Wakandan space age, not for shit to just fall into his lap and him to have the baggage of ruling a former slave state lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    That would be cool, I think writers are messing up not incorporating some of the locations introduced in the 70s with the character. Kiber Island, Serpent Valley, the Techno-Jungle all make occasional appearances but no one’s building that lore or tying any big stories to them.

Wakanda has a stunning lack of iconic landmarks because writers consistently ignore what’s already there. If it’s not the golden city then we’re in a jungle. Sometimes we’re lucky if we get the Necropolis and the Jabari-lands is inconsistently portrayed. The Djalia is the only unique location depicted on a regular basis.
    Last edited by chief12d; 06-24-2021 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    T'challa was also in F4: Life Story for a little bit

gave a speech, got blasted by doom along with everyone else, nothing crazy.

Tchalla is a speech givin mofo lol

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Ewing is writing the main thing so it has my mild attention but... I dont like space stories.
    I do like cosmic, but I honestly feel so behind in it. I caught Infinity Wars when it got released on Unlimited, but that's about it. I still haven't read the original Annihilation so I'm hesitant to read anything inspired by that just yet.

Speaking of reading, I'm continuing my Coates-era read-through. I read the first half of Avengers of the New World (prior to the Marvel Legacy renumbering). It's clearly a full story without breaks, but it's worth stopping to comment so far. My memory of the complete story is somewhat hazy but I'm trying to comment on foreshadowing when I catch it.

The big thing of note is this is a complicated story. There's a lot of moving parts and it was almost impossible to keep straight the first time. I think Rahs the Exhorter is Klaw but it isn't explicitly revealed here. First time through I couldn't remember if there were old gods at all or if it was all Klaw. Read all at once, it's clear that the last enemies to appear are different and clearly Klaw.

I like the inclusiveness of the Marvel universe. Thunderball, Faustus, the Strucker twins, etc. are all cool. It's also cool seeing Queen Divine Justice. Zawavari feels like he might be cool but, for the life of me, I can never remember who he is. I also like the attempt to expand Wakandan mythos with the Orishas, I just think it was woefully followed up on.

What doesn't really work so far is Storm. Their reunification feels unearned. More importantly, the support she has in Wakanda feels unearned. There's some great foreshadowing to the final resolution where she says that the beliefs of the people gave her strength and a comment that gods get their strength from belief. But everybody is entirely too praising of her from the beginning. Coates is clearly a Storm fan and that's OK, but it undercuts rather than adds to the drama. She's also not a real god, which seems somewhat white washed in this story.

I'll finish this arc up tomorrow and give my final thoughts.

ETA: I forgot to add that the alliance with the Midnight Angels doesn't really work. The story doesn't need more complexity, but they should be seen with their own sub-arc and not as unquestioning agents of T'Challa. It's too soon for everything to be water under the bridge.
    Last edited by Mike_Murdock; 06-25-2021 at 04:23 AM.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    The Techno Organic Jungle would be cool to see again. Hell, I've been thinking for a while that a "Wakanda 2099" could be one big Techno Organic Jungle, seamlessly blending nature and technology together into a harmonious greater whole compared to the outside world being (dominated by) a corporate-controlled neon-shaded techno-dystopia a la cyberpunk.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Really liked the Shang Chi trailer.

However, I hope these arent the underwater visuals in BP2.

here we go again
    The J-man

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I actually wouldn't mind seeing how the empire was made and grown in more detail but what I think will be more interesting is to see how his new followers will respect his throne as emperor.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!