Page 539 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 39439489529535536537538539540541542543549589639 ... LastLast
Results 8,071 to 8,085 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Where are you at if they eventually do a multiverse T'Challa?

I would have had "T'Challa disappear in time" then have him return much older as Denzel, lol. Leaving room for them to follow "the younger T'Challa" in a TV show if they wanted.

I havent really watched Bridgerton. I do worry about the pushback of a "Lightskin" actor taking the lead. It'd be one thing if he was introduced with T'Challa firmly in the lead. Twitter could be unbearable if they go the Kasper route.

LOL. You aint slick. You’re just trying to get Denzel in the Black Panther role. Not saying it’s a bad choice. There’s nothing I’ve seen that Denzel can’t do, on the big screen.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    If it isn't T'challa from CW/BP/IW/EG, I don't give a shit. I want thta continuation of that story.
    Idk man. I think if they had a multiverse T'Challa looking like a Priest version brought to life you'd buy in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    LOL. You aint slick. You’re just trying to get Denzel in the Black Panther role. Not saying it’s a bad choice. There’s nothing I’ve seen that Denzel can’t do, on the big screen.
    Heh. Just thinking of a creative way for it to remain T'Challa, but allow them to use a different actor and not feel bad about it. Especially since they had a connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Where are you at if they eventually do a multiverse T'Challa?

I would have had "T'Challa disappear in time" then have him return much older as Denzel, lol. Leaving room for them to follow "the younger T'Challa" in a TV show if they wanted.

I havent really watched Bridgerton. I do worry about the pushback of a "Lightskin" actor taking the lead. It'd be one thing if he was introduced with T'Challa firmly in the lead. Twitter could be unbearable if they go the Kasper route.
    Twitter had been insufferable ever since Chad passed. But I think it’s inevitable that Kasper is probably next up if Rege Jean Page is in the movie. As for a multiverse T’Challa, if that’s what’s going to keep him in the MCU than so be it. Problem with that decision is that if they go through with it, then that means Boseman’s T’Challa will have died three times. And that’s gonna open a whole new can of worms once the rest of the fandom heals from Boseman’s passing and stops letting emotions cloud their judgment regarding the decision to recast or not.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    And the answer is no. None of them are. Not Shuri, not M'Baku, not Okoye. zero. Zero versions of Shuri was ever a hero. She was queen and stayed in Wakanda. She was Coates lame ass ancient future and stayed in Wakanda, and then that weird MCU Coates hybrid that Nnedi made where she left Wakanda but Ultimately she was a lab rat and wanted to be on a lab instead. On all 3 occasions she never acted like a super hero.
    Give it to Nakia then.
    Lupita has to have something to do.

If it isn't T'challa from CW/BP/IW/EG, I don't give a shit. I want thta continuation of that story.
    Yeah, I am kinda on this boat. If they are doing all that then why not just recast? Do they really want Boseman T'Challas legacy be that he died 3 times in his short reign ad king? That's dumb AF and is an insult to the hard work and care Chad put into bringing T'Challa to life

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Give it to Nakia then.
    Lupita has to have something to do.
    that makes even less sense. Priest Nakia died looking like a crack addict, and Coates version who gives a frak about? Same thing too Nakia wasn't a hero, if anything she was a villain

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    In this issue, Tchalla bought the island where the adventure takes place. Also his first time meeting Black Bolt.

I would like to see more adventures with T'Challa in the Savage Land. You'd think that with how it's the only other major source of vibranium on Earth he'd be very invested in making sure the place wasn't infested with smugglers and illegal mining operations lol. But I guess the Savage Land is an easy way for a writer to say a character or organization got access to vibranium without having to say they somehow infiltrated Wakanda and escaped.

Still, I wanna see T'Challa fight dinosaurs since writers seem intent on forgetting Wakanda used to have a bunch of their own. If there's one good thing that came out of that crack in Wakanda storyline it was the whole idea of the Lightning Lancers, such a stupid but fun concept. I could see them being kinda like the special forces of the River Tribe or something lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah, I am kinda on this boat. If they are doing all that then why not just recast? Do they really want Boseman T'Challas legacy be that he died 3 times in his short reign ad king? That's dumb AF and is an insult to the hard work and care Chad put into bringing T'Challa to life
    Blip or bust.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I would like to see more adventures with T'Challa in the Savage Land. You'd think that with how it's the only other major source of vibranium on Earth he'd be very invested in making sure the place wasn't infested with smugglers and illegal mining operations lol. But I guess the Savage Land is an easy way for a writer to say a character or organization got access to vibranium without having to say they somehow infiltrated Wakanda and escaped.

Still, I wanna see T'Challa fight dinosaurs since writers seem intent on forgetting Wakanda used to have a bunch of their own. If there's one good thing that came out of that crack in Wakanda storyline it was the whole idea of the Lightning Lancers, such a stupid but fun concept. I could see them being kinda like the special forces of the River Tribe or something lol.
    Shuri went to the savage land after doom war but I can't for the life of me remember what came of it, other than running into hte tarzan chick
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    After all this time, maybe they can learn from him so he doesn't have to drag them out.
    Why would MBaku ever need to leave wakanda though? Or Okoye?
    This is like making an argument that Heimdell (sp?) needs to leave Asgard and do heroic things on earth. Why?

Astonishing Member

Shuri went to the savage land after doom war but I can't for the life of me remember what came of it, other than running into hte tarzan chick
    Yea it was for an issue or two in her BP mini, didn't amount to much from what I remember but I think it makes sense T'Challa would want to be an ally/advocate for the Savage Land. And I vaguely remember Hudlin hinting that him and Shanna the She-Devil used to date so there's that too lol.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Twitter had been insufferable ever since Chad passed. But I think it’s inevitable that Kasper is probably next up if Rege Jean Page is in the movie. As for a multiverse T’Challa, if that’s what’s going to keep him in the MCU than so be it. Problem with that decision is that if they go through with it, then that means Boseman’s T’Challa will have died three times. And that’s gonna open a whole new can of worms once the rest of the fandom heals from Boseman’s passing and stops letting emotions cloud their judgment regarding the decision to recast or not.
    A. Killing off the T'Challa just because Chadwick died is silly. They can have him being on a mission or doing missionary work in a civilian guise.
    B. If he is recast, nothing needs to be said about him looking different. No one said anything about Rhodey or Banner being played by different actors.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Why would MBaku ever need to leave wakanda though? Or Okoye?
    This is like making an argument that Heimdell (sp?) needs to leave Asgard and do heroic things on earth. Why?
    This isn't even really unique to T'Challa's mythos. Outside his proteges Aqualad and Tempest I wouldn't consider any of Aquaman's supporting cast to be heroes either. Sure Mera or Commander Murk have superpowers, but they identify far more with their positions as queen/representative and general than they do "adventurer who goes out of their way to save people". They may do that every now and then but that's not where their interests lie. It's only more recently they've pushed Mera as an actual superhero with her coming to reject the throne and joining the League.

Same mostly goes for Thor's supporting cast (albeit to a lesser extent) and characters like Spider-Man. The Black Panther book doesn't benefit at all by having every side character wanting to be conventional hero, what makes T'Challa special is that he's able to recognize the world outside his window and see the practical and moral goodness of being an active hero.

Now I do agree that Shuri should be made less isolationist (if only because it makes it easier for her to make appearances in other books independent of T'Challa), but characters like Okoye and M'Baku are designed to contrast T'Challa's desire to protect the outside world. They should only begrudgingly help him out with his hero work, not actively crave it.

That doesn't mean however that they can't feasibly headline a book, it just means they don't need to appear outside the BP sphere. Meaning if they're gonna get a spin-off book, focusing it around Okoye and M'Baku abroad is kinda dumb, that's not what the Dora do unless T'Challa is abroad and M'Baku (at least originally) is a whole chieftain of the most isolationist tribe. They'd be put to much better use as part of a book based almost entirely in Wakanda where the emphasis is on domestic threats.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post

A Sinister Six-esk story where Tchalla is lured to the Savage land and has to survive attacks from each one would be epic

Klaw
    RedJack adapted Princess Zanda
    Non MCU Mbaku
    Achebe
    Madam Slay
    orchestrated by non MCU killmonger in an assassination attempt.

Agreed. I don't care for a convoluted AU T'Challa, Shuri or anyone else under the mask. I want to see the T'Challa that we've been following since CW get his story told before we see anyone else in the habit.