Page 546 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 46446496536542543544545546547548549550556596646 ... LastLast
Results 8,176 to 8,190 of 15079
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I think that's a big part of the problem. People who don't read or understand BP think that he's portrayed as perfect and flawless. People like Coates. So when he took over writing BP he decided that he would make T'Challa a flawed character. He was a reluctant king, filled with doubt who was so far removed rom Wakandans that he didn't know what was going on in his own country.

But long time BP fans knew that T'Challa has flaws, just not the kind that Coates was trying to push. T'Challa is confident to the point of a silent cockiness who believes that the ends justifies the means. He uses people. He's fanatical when it comes to protecting Wakanda. That's where good writers exploit his faults instead of creating issues that don't apply to BP.
    That’s the unfortunate thing about Coates getting to define T’Challa at the height of his popularity for a new generation. He had an approach to the character and lore that was so vastly different from what came before I definitely feel a lot of his followers (we all know the types) will be alienated when Ridley does what’s looking to be a more standard direction.

Thankfully going based off sales and general non-Twitter discourse the perception of his work is lukewarm at best so Ridley will likely have lots of room to do his own thing with the franchise without getting too much blowback as it seems Marvel editorial and the fandom at large are ready to move on.
    Last edited by chief12d; 07-01-2021 at 07:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    DiscussingFilm
    @DiscussingFilm
    Autumn Durald (‘Loki’) is set to serve as cinematographer on ‘BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER’. (EXCLUSIVE) http://bit.ly/WakandaDP

So Coogler's lost his longtime cinematographer, oscar winning costume designer (Ruth Carter) and his lead actor/character...

Only known black male in a BP movie...WInston Duke/M'Baku.

Marvel really couldnt push the movie back? Really gonna let him be without people that made the 1st film work?

Its almost like they'r ok if the movie is Black Widow/Ant Man status..
    Only in Hollywood do we see this funny math that equates less black male presence with upgrading for a sequel! I still this next movie as a misstep. They are bringing in Namor, now ?!! He warrants a character that is up to his level of presence on screen, and the decision is made to not put T'Challa in this movie as a counterbalance? Naw fam, this thing doesn't feel good at all.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    That’s the unfortunate thing about Coates getting to define T’Challa at the height of his popularity for a new generation. He had an approach to the character and lore that was so vastly different from what came before I definitely feel a lot of his followers (we all know the types) will be alienated when Ridley does what’s looking to be a more standard direction.

Thankfully going based off sales and general non-Twitter discourse the perception of his work is lukewarm at best so Ridley will likely have lots of room to do his own thing with the franchise without getting too much blowback as it seems Marvel editorial and the fandom at large are ready to move on.
    I would imagine sales will fall inbetween the more familiar 18-25K range because the audience is going to be pretty much comic fans.

Ridley isn't going to be pulling in twitter fans and pretend woke folk like Coates. Marvel also isn't doing a full on press blitz (at least not yet) for Ridley either like they did for Coates.

Ridley also has no movie hype (if anything, he has anti hype now because Tchalla being written out). And while BP is on the avengers and makes many guest appearances... Ridley isn't benefitting from a hickman esque 5 year build up.

So, the ceiling is much lower here and, if it doesn't suck, I'd imagine the floor will be more steady sales wise.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I always thought that was his choice. Was it not?
    I mean given interviews about his story it sounded like he legitimately thought it was going to be a one and done so he just reimagined Wakanda as always being advanced because that made the most sense. I get that it's a big feat taking from T'Challa by not having him advance Wakanda, but thinking about it, I would prefer a mixed version of Hudlins and priest. Maybe T'Challa doesn't single handily advance Wakanda, however, having it be that he went to Western countries to advance Wakanda also didn't make sense either.

Or are you talking about the event?

DiscussingFilm
    @DiscussingFilm
    Autumn Durald (‘Loki’) is set to serve as cinematographer on ‘BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER’. (EXCLUSIVE) http://bit.ly/WakandaDP

So Coogler's lost his longtime cinematographer, oscar winning costume designer (Ruth Carter) and his lead actor/character...

Marvel really couldnt push the movie back? Really gonna let him be without people that made the 1st film work?

M’Baku ain’t the only one. W’kabi is back as well. But the fact that aside from the tragically obvious loss of Chadwick, he lost two other people that were monumental to the first film’s success isn’t filling me with much hope.
    Last edited by BlackClaw; 07-01-2021 at 07:53 AM.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

DiscussingFilm
    @DiscussingFilm

Huh.. it's almost as of all these people who say they want to "Honor Chadwick" by retiring/ possibly killing off tchatand having someone else take then mantle actually don't Care about the character, the mythos, or what it means to have a positive showing of Black excellence means and they would rather see profit off black death...

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post

It's really a weird situation, Marvel, and fan sites will praise the run up and down ad this ground breaking, monumental, redefining moment for T'Challa that goes where no other writers hone before and the rest of are are like...??? Are we in a bizarro world or something? This was dogisht writing from Coates and his entire crew save Narcisse, and it's being paraded around like the second coming of Priest?

It's like people are afraid to call it out as the garbage that it is so they just keep throwing out praise in hopes of convincing others that it's good when it is by far the weakest and shittiest run in BP publication history and will quickly be forgotten

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    M’Baku ain’t the only one. W’kabi is back as well. But the fact that aside from the tragically obvious loss of Chadwick, he lost two other people that were monumental to the first film’s success isn’t filling me with much hope.
    There are mixed reports about whether W'Kabi is back. The other ones have been confirmed.

DiscussingFilm
    @DiscussingFilm

I don't care about this movie.

But, if I did, I would be very concerned about all the outside stuff going on.

For a sequel to one of the biggest movies of all time (critically and box office)... things seem... off.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I don't care about this movie.

But, if I did, I would be very concerned about all the outside stuff going on.

For a sequel to one of the biggest movies of all time (critically and box office)... things seem... off.
    I'm still positive primarily because of Coogler. Just saying these are the type of moves you make if you're making a TV series and not a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Only in Hollywood do we see this funny math that equates less black male presence with upgrading for a sequel! I still this next movie as a misstep. They are bringing in Namor, now ?!! He warrants a character that is up to his level of presence on screen, and the decision is made to not put T'Challa in this movie as a counterbalance? Naw fam, this thing doesn't feel good at all.
    Imagine if Namor and Doom were in this movie (A Black Panther movie no less) and there was no T'Challa. lol

Feige would really give no ****s lol smh

I know a flip flop on this a lot, but the more info the tougher it gets for me.

I'm still positive primarily because of Coogler. Just saying these are the type of moves you make if you're making a TV series and not a movie.
    TBF, I am judging the movie by the lofty standards of the first one and would expect the same quality.

With the MCU system and Coogler and some of the acting talent, no matter what, the movie with be "good"

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    TBF, I am judging the movie by the lofty standards of the first one and would expect the same quality.

With the MCU system and Coogler and some of the acting talent, no matter what, the movie with be "good"
    Oh for sure. I dont think Marvel has put out any "bad" movies. I just fear its running the risk of being one of the run of the mill Marvel films. With its talent it should be better than that. Then again some of the talent is gone so idk what to make of these choices.

Maybe it'll work out, but I'm not getting the feeling of freshness when the first BP movie was coming together. Seemed like it set out to do something really different.

Maybe the production crew works out. Just risky to lose an oscar winning costume designer and oscar nominated cinematographer if they really are doing Namor/Atlantis. Or a new BP suit.

Cant have those visuals looking off or cheap. *Again they could be great tho*

[Edit post.....
    Last edited by Ekie; 07-01-2021 at 10:11 AM.

Imagine if Namor and Doom were in this movie (A Black Panther movie no less) and there was no T'Challa. lol

Feige would really give no ****s lol smh

I know a flip flop on this a lot, but the more info the tougher it gets for me.
    The fact that they barely delayed the sequel despite Coogler having to do a full rewrite, adding in Namor, and Feige having the ball's to Claim that Wakanda was always the focus and that they sequel was always going to focus more on Wakanda then black panther is telling. Unlike the the first film, where things were falling into place and the right people came together, this seems to be doing the opposite. No time to grieve, shifting focus away from the title Character to focus on the support cast (something that would be better suited as a D+ series) and given comment's in interviews from many people including the bits from Coogler, seems like everyone is ragged, and no one really has a true direction. It's a disaster mounting with every bit of new information that comes to light. It was already going to be tough WITH Chadwick around. Now?...