Page 548 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 48448498538544545546547548549550551552558598648 ... LastLast
Results 8,206 to 8,220 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    I don't even remember what t'challa did in infinity war. He gave them a battlefield, some redshirts and then got dusted lol.
    He punched out Black dwarf in a very obvious, last minute cgi rush job lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    And yet, people overlook all of that and see him as an afterthought in the film.
    He was on screen for 3.5 minutes.

Literally.

No reason to exaggerate here lol

(and he knocked down BD. Hulkbuster killed him)
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

He took in Winter Soldier. He spear-headed the resistance. He out-ran Captain America on the battle field. He strategized to have them reroute the attack mounted against them. He one shotted the s*** out of Black Dwarf. And yet, people overlook all of that and see him as an afterthought in the film.
    He wasn't in the film until the very last part LOL that all sounds nice in detail but black dwarf got up two scenes later after that 2second clip and had a fully fleshed out fight with Ruffalo the comedian in a suit.

Then Thor saved the day.

The russos admitted that if they had known black panther was actually a big deal then he would have played a significant role in the movie and maybe not been dusted and Mia for most of the next movie.

Now with black panther gone and nothing but Side characters left maybe Bucky and FalconCap do the major heroics in Wakanda, unless Thor shows up again.

Fun movie though for sure

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    He was on screen for 3.5 minutes.

Literally.

No reason to exaggerate here lol

(and he knocked down BD. Hulkbuster killed him)

I didn’t like MCU TChalla as much as comic TChalla, that’s the truth. But I’m not going to come in here and further diminish his importance when plenty of people outside this thread do it already. What sense does that make?

Ultimate Member

I can’t wait to see the look on Feige’s face after the sequel doesn’t do as good as the first film, since he wants to focus on Wakanda so much and not Black Panther. It’s an idiotic move, and he’s in for a rude awakening.
    They care about money HOWEVER Covid gave them an out.

If they do theaters and streaming-they can make an excuse for it not making a billion or as much as they HOPED for.

Ridley isn't going to be pulling in twitter fans and pretend woke folk like Coates. Marvel also isn't doing a full on press blitz (at least not yet) for Ridley either like they did for Coates.
    Unless he is doing 12 years a Wakandan Slave-pretend woke won't care because they already don't like Ridley.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    He wasn't in the film until the very last part LOL that all sounds nice in detail but black dwarf got up two scenes later after that 2second clip and had a fully fleshed out fight with Ruffalo the comedian in a suit.

Then Thor saved the day.

The russos admitted that if they had known black panther was actually a big deal then he would have played a significant role in the movie and maybe not been dusted and Mia for most of the next movie.

Well that’s the Russo’s f**** up. Not knowing about black characters.

I didn’t like MCU TChalla as much as comic TChalla, that’s the truth. But I’m not going to come in here and further diminish his importance when plenty of people outside this thread do it already. What sense does that make?
    Only giving the truth brother. Those people wouldn't be able to diminish him if Marvel didn't already do it

He took in Winter Soldier. He spear-headed the resistance. He out-ran Captain America on the battle field. He strategized to have them reroute the attack mounted against them. He one shotted the s*** out of Black Dwarf. And yet, people overlook all of that and see him as an afterthought in the film.
    I mean, he kinda was, which is understandable because it was a swan song for the og avengers and Russos even admitted that of they knew BP was going to be that big they would of done more with BP.

But he was an afterthought. How do you explain how T'Challa gets a rushed CGI job of him randomly punching Dwarf, then... Moving on? But Okoye gets a whole fighting sequence with widow vs Proxima? He was an afterthought, and Wakanda wasn't portrayed in the best light either. They were a convenient set piece and redshirts instead of the deadly nation that they are.

Well that’s the Russo’s f**** up. Not knowing about black characters.

That's probably all they knew about the character was that he was black lol eager to find out who the next big Avengers director will be

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I mean, he kinda was, which is understandable because it was a swan song for the og avengers and Russos even admitted that of they knew BP was going to be that big they would of done more with BP.

But he was an afterthought. How do you explain how T'Challa gets a rushed CGI job of him randomly punching Dwarf, then... Moving on? But Okoye gets a whole fighting sequence with widow vs Proxima? He was an afterthought, and Wakanda wasn't portrayed in the best light either. They were a convenient set piece and redshirts instead of the deadly nation that they are.
    I barely remember Okoye in the fight. The only thing she did that really stood out to me, was when she said the line, “why was she up there all this time?”

Ultimate Member

Here it the thing.....

Black Panther and Avengers were both FILMED at the same time.

Marvel had no idea Black Panther would blow up like that. Had they known-we would have seen some changes with Panther.

They were going with the idea that film was gong to make Antman money and the script followed that.

They could not change an entire movie for Panther and that included the second film.

Shuri's name was trending when they bought up who got dusted in the first film. Not anyone else.

Priest is still right in what he said.

There are folks in charge that UNDERESTIMATE the power of black characters.

Okoye had the scene fighting Proxy w Widow and The witch. Also was Wakanda's communication with the avengers in endgame w Widow (no idea why)

They probably just like the actress so much that she was and is the one getting the spotlight. Everyone loves Michone

Ultimate Member

How were they not deadly? Before Thanos showed up, his people were routed. They're the only red shirts to hold their own against a mook army.

No one here is coming in and diminishing his importance, however, unlike all the folks who lauded over Coates as of he was the second coming of Priest, we call isht out for what it is, and Marvel frakked T'Challa over in the MCU. We are calling it out for what it is because we are frustrated (especially with no recast) and want to see them do better. But at the same time many of us just don't care about the sequel anymore with no T'Challa. As Redjack masterfully put it in his one shot. The black panther IS Wakanda. Abd T'Challa IS the Black Panther.

No one here is coming in and diminishing his importance, however, unlike all the folks who lauded over Coates as of he was the second coming of Priest, we call isht out for what it is, and Marvel frakked T'Challa over in the MCU. We are calling it out for what it is because we are frustrated (especially with no recast) and want to see them do better. But at the same time many of us just don't care about the sequel anymore with no T'Challa. As Redjack masterfully put it in his one shot. The black panther IS Wakanda. Abd T'Challa IS the Black Panther.
    I agree. And I believe in calling people out when it’s necessary.