Page 551 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 51451501541547548549550551552553554555561601651 ... LastLast
Results 8,251 to 8,265 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Weelllllllpppppp

Its official

Shuri vs Namor it is

Not fazed at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    So, the transphobic anti vax fool has first billing??????

It is 100% shuri panther then.

Guess I just saved 75 bucks lol

#TeamNamor
    #AtlantisForever

Go ahead and flood that **** Namor.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Ultimate Member

I'm ok with Shuri eventually becoming BP. Cause again it COULD take place during the snap.

However, Shuri...but moreso Wright as LEAD? Noo I dont know about that. What separates Black Panther from other Marvel films is Boseman wasnt quipping every 5 mins. You also had a Great actor to lead the movie and was able to shine without trying to overshadow others (giving them room to shine).

Just giving her Boseman's lines is not going to work the same. I hope thats a print error cause damn I dont want to see her as the lead.

I' m not against comic Shuri being the lead. However, MCU Shuri is just not that kind of character.
    I don't see MCU Shuri being the same kind of character anyway. I imagine the script would be changed in this case

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post
    Lol wow we’re here now? #TeamNamor on the black panther forum. Never thought I’d see the day. Coogler is gonna be the new Coates soon.
    Why would anybody be Team Namor? Unless the film version is less of a jerk

Team Namor

Atlantis Forever

Yeah I was hoping for a T’challa centric story for sure.

Now I’m wondering if one of the reasons they didn’t recast was cause they didn’t want to sideline the mostly female cast (that won a SAG award for best cast, 1.3 billion, best picture nom) just so some new male actor could slide into the leading role of a billion dollar franchise he didn’t help build. While the people that helped build it get relegated to Disney plus. I could see some of the cast feeling a little salty if the new lead starts making rdj money while the women are just his support. But I got a new theory every week, can’t help it.
    Chad wasn't making rdj money. There was a article about how his agent secured a deal with Disney for Chad to get paid 20mil for BP 3... That ain't the reason. Those are poor excuses, it has nothing to do with sidelining, they are supporting cast in a franchise about a Black African king. If they got a D+ series that's just more money for them. I think Disney is just being greedy and trying to profit off black death

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Chad wasn't making rdj money. There was a article about how his agent secured a deal with Disney for Chad to get paid 20mil for BP 3... That ain't the reason. Those are poor excuses, it has nothing to do with sidelining, they are supporting cast in a franchise about a Black African king. If they got a D+ series that's just more money for them. I think Disney is just being greedy and trying to profit off black death
    I would think greed would equal a recast. That’s the reason Batman keeps being recast. But I guess trying to monetize the tragedy could be a new strategy. Anything is possible really. Maybe we’ll never know for sure.

Ultimate Member

Marvel Studios would be viewed as greedy either way, although by different people. And they are owned by Disney, who's infamous for being greedy

I would think greed would equal a recast. That’s the reason Batman keeps being recast. But I guess trying to monetize the tragedy could be a new strategy. Anything is possible really. Maybe we’ll never know for sure.
    Well with Batman nobody pretends like Gotham is the real show because it's full of white people. That's what happens when you only view a character and their success through a lens of race and diversity

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

I know yall dont care for scoopers. However, Charles Murphy is saying that a MCU character thats been cast but not shown up yet will make their debut. Some are speculating Riri.

Again he's a scooper so he could be totally wrong. However

He also ..said its NOT taking place during the blip/snap

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Not fazed at all.
    Pretty much just waiting for them to drop this isn't so I can just move on from it until Marvel pulls there head out of their ass

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

I defend Coogler a lot. I understand his perspective. I legit have been 50/50 on the recast. And as someone who is a Coates/Coogler fan it pains me to make a point Ekie would make.

However, Coogler grew up a Batman fan. There's no way Coogler would replace Bruce Wayne with Batwoman or Barbara/Batgirl or Grayson/Nightwing. Just not happening.

I defend Coogler a lot. I understand his perspective. I legit have been 50/50 on the recast. And as someone who is a Coates/Coogler fan it pains me to make a point Ekie would make.

However, Coogler grew up a Batman fan. There's no way Coogler would replace Bruce Wayne with Batwoman or Barbara/Batgirl or Grayson/Nightwing. Just not happening.
    We can never know for sure. Especially if this is an emotional situation for him. And didn’t he say he also grew up reading black panther?

Good morning.

Nah it's better to profit off black death and then push a Black women who on people eyes is less threatening then a Black man in a positive position such as T'Challa. Plus they would play on first ever Black female lead on the MCU. They will be greedy AF.. which is why people are saying they aren't going to support this and that hopefully T'Challa is Recast by BP3