Page 553 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 53453503543549550551552553554555556557563603653 ... LastLast
Results 8,281 to 8,295 of 15079
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post
    So some of ya'll are praying the first Black Female lead mcu movie fails hard, in the hopes that they will bring back T'challa for BP3.
    Hmmm, Feels like they playing us against each other and in the end we both lose. Oh well, at least I get one more BP movie no matter what.
    Yeah, it seems a little divisive here. Making conflict different demographics isn't the answer. Although I don't think anyone here wants the sequel to fail

Astonishing Member

So some of ya'll are praying the first Black Female lead mcu movie fails hard, in the hopes that they will bring back T'challa for BP3.
    Hmmm, Feels like they playing us against each other and in the end we both lose. Oh well, at least I get one more BP movie no matter what.
    I’m not praying for the film to fail, I just want Disney to understand that there’s still lots of interest in T’Challa. I’d feel the same if M’Baku was next up and the more I think about it I prefer him to Shuri lol.

I don’t think Disney’s trying to play anyone against each other, I just want my favorite superhero on the big screen, if that means his successor failing critically or commercially can’t say I’d be too torn up about it.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

No. Im not rooting for it to fail. I just dont think MCU Shuri makes for a good lead. So it makes losing T'Challa that much worse for me. Lupita would be much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Since when did Hollywood care that much about Black women?
    They don't, they find them less threatening then a powerful straight Black male who is shown as more then a pimp, thug or slave though

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    No. Im not rooting for it to fail. I just dont think MCU Shuri makes for a good lead. So it makes losing T'Challa that much worse for me. Lupita would be much better.
    Letita is literally the worst actor out of the group.

She will get acted around in circles if she is forced to lead the movie.

Not to mention her twitter fingers... it should be the very first question that is asked when she finally resurfaces again.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Letita is literally the worst actor out of the group.

She will get acted around in circles if she is forced to lead the movie.

Not to mention her twitter fingers... it should be the very first question that is asked when she finally resurfaces again.
    I saw her in that new Steve McQueen movie. She blew me away with her acting there. She's not at Lupita or Kaluya's level yet, but she's on her way for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Who is "we?" There is no "us." I'm looking at this from one angle only.

I don't care if M'baku is the lead. I don't care if Kasper is the Lead. Okoye. Shuri. W'kabi. Freaking Ross.

I'm a T'challa, the Black Panther, fan. I want the story of Black Panther that I saw in the MCU so far continued. The End.

I don't care about the rest of it.

I also am not praying for its downfall. I hope the rest of you find the 20 buck ticket worth it.

I won't go, I won't buy merchandise, not one dollafrom the House of Shadow will be going towards the movie, and I'll be cheering for Namor in the gifs.
    This.

House of Ez stands with house of shadow in not supporting it lol.

I don't care about the rest of the MCU without T'Challa in it. Period end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I honestly don't think they'll care. They didn't expect huge success with the franchise, but the solo's success demanded propper attention and exposure that they clearly wanted to give Dr Strange (who they declared their new "Ironman" type lead and Captain Marvel who got pushback from incels and Spiderman who they are desperate for.
    Black Panther was intended to be a nice antman level project while touting diversity and if it goes back to that (while they can still tout diversity in black/ female) then its a win and they dont even have to change up plans for future major events to have Black Panther himself be a key player. Wakanda can be a guest appearance in other shows or elements can taken from it for a few cheers (Ayo popping up counter to her duties), white wolf bucky, or Falcap talking about his Wakandan passport; while the big bads of the MU are handled by the true intended stars of the next wave MU.

Unless someone here thinks Okoye or Shuri are about to lead the Avengers and defeat the Dr Dooms or Kangs in Feigies world.
    Wakanda is now their protagonist and settings dont get to be the hero or the massive RDJ paychecks

This is the problem that Priest was talking about with marvel executives viewing Black Panther only through the lense of race. It holds him back and thusly his supporting cast back as well
    Agreed! The fact that Marvel feels shuri will do just fine as the defacto lead of black panther shows they really didn't respect the property. I hate the fact we have to lose out and see the MCU treat T'Challa pretty much like he's treated in the comics. He still doesn't have a company wide event that is centered around him being THE guy!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    They don't, they find them less threatening then a powerful straight Black male who is shown as more then a pimp, thug or slave though
    That's true, but I've never seen that be translated to more roles for Black women, especially in superhero movies

Astonishing Member

This.

House of Ez stands with house of shadow in not supporting it lol.

I don't care about the rest of the MCU without T'Challa in it. Period end of story.
    I thought I could put aside my feelings about not recasting but the more details I get and the more baseless accusations keep flying I’m slowly shifting towards not watching. House of Chief remains undecided lol.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I actually thought people would like her as a lead more than other BP supporting characters because I constantly hear how MCU heroines are too uptight and overpowered and such. She's the opposite of that.

Astonishing Member

I actually thought people would like her as a lead more than other BP supporting characters because I constantly hear how MCU heroines are too uptight and overpowered and such. She's the opposite of that.
    But she’s also a damn child with zero displays of physicality to her name, an underdeveloped quippy personality that works in small doses but is untested as the core of a film’s dialogue, a so-so actress that’s the weakest in the cast, and has a cloud of controversy that’s just waiting to explode at the right moment (especially with COVID picking back up).

If anyone deserves the mantle it’s Nakia, who’s basically T’Challa but a woman lol. She’s already eligible to be BP as seen in the first movie and you could easily reveal she had a child with T’Challa at some point for an added layer of drama as she takes on her husband’s role. Lupita is the most high profile and talented member of the cast as well. If not her then M’Baku. Anyone else is just a waste of time IMO.
    Last edited by chief12d; 07-01-2021 at 08:15 PM.

That's true, but I've never seen that be translated to more roles for Black women, especially in superhero movies
    No it's not more roles, it's straight up replacing the male character with a black female instead

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I thought I could put aside my feelings about not recasting but the more details I get and the more baseless accusations keep flying I’m slowly shifting towards not watching. House of Chief remains undecided lol.

You know you want to lol. House of Ez extends a formal invitation to house Chief

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    But she’s also a damn child with zero displays of physicality to her name, an underdeveloped quippy personality that works in small doses but is untested as the core of a film’s dialogue, a so-so actress that’s the weakest in the cast, and has a cloud of controversy that’s just waiting to explode at the right moment (especially with COVID picking back up).

If anyone deserves the mantle it’s Nakia, who’s basically T’Challa but a woman lol. She’s already eligible to be BP as seen in the first movie and you could easily reveal she had a child with T’Challa at some point for an added layer of drama as she takes on her husband’s role. Lupita is the most high profile and talented member of the cast as well. If not her then M’Baku. Anyone else is just a waste of time IMO.
    I agree with some of your points but Nakia was a bit boring to me. She's exactly the kind of female character people always seem to complain about. And why would already have a kid with T'Challa? I don't think he's the kind of guy who'd do that. I didn't like Wright's comments at all, but it's possible she could've changed her mind. I'm not super enthusiastic for her, but I can't say I'd be excited for Nakia.

No it's not more roles, it's straight up replacing the male character with a black female instead
    Because that's what happened in the comics for a time.