Page 558 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 58458508548554555556557558559560561562568608658 ... LastLast
Results 8,356 to 8,370 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Not a fan of recent T'Challa comics?
    Not at all.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gessela View Post
    Not at all.
    Why, if I may ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Why, if I may ask?
    This forum has covered it adequately, so to be concise – To me, Black Panther and Wakanda is about the what if of ‘Uninterrupted Black Excellence’, this last comic run did not convey this to my liking.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    Maybe someone should start a wakanda thread and wakanda forever and it's tie in books' discussion can happen in there

When the MCU and everyone on their payroll keeps saying t'challa really didn't matter and that they never had big plans for him, you're obviously not gonna get positive discussion
    But saying stuff like that would be like saying all the Transformers don't matter because it's all about Cybertron.

Hell Kitchen matters more than Luke Cage and everyone who lives there.

Now if Wakanda was all that mattered-it would have a TON of appearances WITHOUT T'Challa.

Yet looking up every time it is mentioned-someone named Black Panther AKA T'Challa is the REASON with video games being the exception.

Where is this Wakanda playset at? I mean Star Wars, Jurassic Park and others have playsets of locations. Why does it not have one?

There are 30 Black Panther figures.

There are 20 playable or skins of T'Challa.

There are 50+ books about T'Challa.

If you have folks on your payroll saying T'Challa AKA Black Panther don't matter.

They should NOT be on your payroll along with whoever does the drug testing for your company.

Amazing Member

It shouldn't be either or. Let them both shine.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gessela View Post
    This forum has covered it adequately, so to be concise – To me, Black Panther and Wakanda is about the what if of ‘Uninterrupted Black Excellence’, this last comic run did not convey this to my liking.
    Ok. I kinda guessed that would be it, based on replies here from others

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I'm finally trying to get into this character. I ordered Priest complete collections 1 and 2. Any other recommended stories/collections?

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I'm finally trying to get into this character. I ordered Priest complete collections 1 and 2. Any other recommended stories/collections?
    King in Black: Black Panther is a good read.

And if you have Disney + go to avengers assemble and look up season 5. The season is called Black Panther Quest and it’s incredible.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Good or bad... the BP runs are all very different.

So, see how you like Priest and go from there. If you don't like it, luckily or unluckily, Hudlin's run is very different lol. The Coates is even more different. Or youc an go old schol with Jungle Action.

But, personally, outside of Priest... See Wakanda and Die is my favorite story ever. Recently, Black Panther: King in Black is a great war story one shot.

Hudlin's "Who is the Black Panther" is generally very well received.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Black Panther Priest Collections (Sturm Und Drang is my favorite story arc)
    Who is the Black Panther/Hudlin's Run(Including See Wakanda & Die)
    Black Panther: The Most Dangerous Man Alive
    Rise of the Black Panther
    King in Black: Black Panther

Just to name a few.

You can also buy the encyclopedic book titled 'Marvel Black Panther The Ultimate Guide' to have an in-depth knowledge about the character.

Also check out David Liss' Black Panther run.

It was like a "Born Again" story for BP. Same villain too.

Incredible Member

Do NOT waste your time bothering with Coates' run.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Coates is the way to go.

Now going from Priest to Coates is like jumping from Burton to Nolan (not saying quality...) in terms of approach/style.

Especially if you're into deconstructing a hero and seeing how his flaws impact him and everyone around him.

Although based on comment here it would probably be viewed like jumping to Snyder. Divisive. However, if you buy into it really works.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Coates is the way to go.

Now going from Priest to Coates is like jumping from Burton to Nolan (not saying quality...) in terms of approach/style.

Especially if you're into deconstructing a hero and seeing how his flaws impact him and everyone around him.

Although based on comment here it would probably be viewed like jumping to Snyder. Divisive. However, if you buy into it really works.
    Now this isn't talking abotu the quality of Coates...

But jumping into it without any knowledge of past events can leave a reader very confused.

Season 1 depends heavily on knowing what has happened to Wakanda and BP through the years for the main motivation to make any sense at all.

Coates did not baby people in that regard... he just jumped right in with little to no recap.

Which, quality aside, is why I don't think new readers should jump in there.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    But saying stuff like that would be like saying all the Transformers don't matter because it's all about Cybertron.

Hell Kitchen matters more than Luke Cage and everyone who lives there.

Now if Wakanda was all that mattered-it would have a TON of appearances WITHOUT T'Challa.

Yet looking up every time it is mentioned-someone named Black Panther AKA T'Challa is the REASON with video games being the exception.

Where is this Wakanda playset at? I mean Star Wars, Jurassic Park and others have playsets of locations. Why does it not have one?

There are 30 Black Panther figures.

There are 20 playable or skins of T'Challa.

There are 50+ books about T'Challa.

If you have folks on your payroll saying T'Challa AKA Black Panther don't matter.

They should NOT be on your payroll along with whoever does the drug testing for your company.
    People who say Wakanda was always the main focus fall into one of three camps:

1. They’re speaking out of grief.
    2. They’re woefully misinformed about the Black Panther mythos.
    3. They never really cared about T’Challa as a character to begin with.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"