Page 566 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 66466516556562563564565566567568569570576616666 ... LastLast
Results 8,476 to 8,490 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    That anti vaxxer stuff could come back and bite Letitia hard. Especially with all these new Covid variants popping up.
    Maybe the prophet she was following made her invulnerable to covid
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Thor isn't like those guys. He's more like Cap.

As for BP, the Raid was a pretty good movie, and it had some crazy fight scenes, but I don't think BP is quite the same kind of movie. T'Challa deals with "big picture" ideas. But I wouldn't be opposed to Raid-style fight scenes although they might be a bit more brutal than Marvel usually goes for
    Thor went fill on. Buddy cop movie with Loki and was finally able to find good success in his film's. How he is on Thor Rag and beyond compared to the first Thors is very clear. He works as a joke type character

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Marvel always has 1-3 supporting characters that "steal the show"

What made BP weird is that their are like... 8 of them lol. Even the flashbacks to the old heads were on point. They didn't miss.
    This. It's easy to make a huge impression when you don't have to say much. Hell remember how Florence gained popularity for her one line to widow? It's easy to steal the spot light in a scene

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Thor went fill on. Buddy cop movie with Loki and was finally able to find good success in his film's. How he is on Thor Rag and beyond compared to the first Thors is very clear. He works as a joke type character
    I wouldn't put him in the same snarky and sarcastic camp as Iron man, Ant Man or Star Lord.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Its risky for sure. I think they cast her off the strength that she'd never be BP. Just her own thing. Hope they dont force it.
    There’s no way they weren’t eventually gonna put Shuri in the BP suit lol. Disney’s making the same investment in Leticia that they’re making in Holland as Spider-Man and the girl playing Kamala Khan. She’s gonna be a long term legacy character that grows older alongside the younger crowd.

I guess Kasper Cole being BP post-T’Challa was possible (especially given the themes of the first film, having a black American BP would’ve felt right). But I think that with the strong response Shuri got from the first film and Disney doubling down on their diversity initiative, she was guaranteed the mantle down the line. Unless Chadwick had decided to be T’Challa indefinitely which I couldn’t see him doing unless his career/talent was mediocre and all he could do was MCU stuff like Chris Hemsworth lol.

Shuri becoming BP in the MCU would be amazing, the current circumstances and obvious lack of buildup is a storytelling hurdle that’s very easy to screw up. Throw in the seemingly random introduction of an entirely different character and corner of the Marvel Universe and at worst you’re looking at The Last Jedi meets Dawn of Justice.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I wouldn't put him in the same snarky and sarcastic camp as Iron man, Ant Man or Star Lord.
    You're right because they've gone from taking the character from having some funny moments to actually making him THE joke. Yes, he does badass stuff and is powerful and probably more emotional than the others but they've turned Thor into a joke that does dumb stuff or seemingly deliberately acting obtuse as if it makes him cute, like calling Rocket a rabbit or referring to the Guardians as morons or pretty much everything he did and said in Ragnarok. The characterization has become completely overblown compared to his first 3 or 4 appearances in the MCU.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    You're right because they've gone from taking the character from having some funny moments to actually making him THE joke. Yes, he does badass stuff and is powerful and probably more emotional than the others but they've turned Thor into a joke that does dumb stuff or seemingly deliberately acting obtuse as if it makes him cute, like calling Rocket a rabbit or referring to the Guardians as morons or pretty much everything he did and said in Ragnarok. The characterization has become completely overblown compared to his first 3 or 4 appearances in the MCU.
    Maybe he doesn't know what a raccoon is. Other than those moments you mentioned were the only ones where he doesn't seem smart. Otherwise he's still the same Thor, just less stoic

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Shuri becoming BP in the MCU would be amazing, the current circumstances and obvious lack of buildup is a storytelling hurdle that’s very easy to screw up. Throw in the seemingly random introduction of an entirely different character and corner of the Marvel Universe and at worst you’re looking at The Last Jedi meets Dawn of Justice.
    I actually think Shuri has potential to be an interesting successor because she's not too much like T'Challa, who already set a pretty high bar, do anyone too similar might look like they're trying to copy that. The actress is questionable and after her previous comments I'd have bo problem witha recast, but I think the character can work. Of course, the ideal would be T'Challa getting several movies before he handed the reins over to her. Alas, that's not the case.

That’s my biggest concern as of now. If it were all up to me, and Marvel made it a mandate to not recast Boseman’s version (emphasis on Boseman’s) I’d just bring in a variant of T’Challa from a different timeline (for those of you that have been watching Loki) and make Shuri the griot.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I'd rather not use the multiverse in every movie, but I get the idea.

BTW, I don't know if anyone is still following my read-through, but I read Killmonger and Rise of the Black Panther this weekend. I still think Killmonger is the best Black Panther-related story of this era. The art in it is absolutely wonderful. The two stories can work consistently. There's a gap in Killmonger that would cover it. Still, he seems to be in some kind of sciency job at the start of Rise of the Black Panther that feels jarring reading the two together.

Rise of the Black Panther is a good story. I think it drags a little bit because there's a ton of exposition, but it's still very fun.

It's most noteworthy for all its retcons. Some were necessary, some were seemingly done just to make things more interesting. I don't think Panther's Quest can fit in continuity anymore. In some ways, that's OK. By moving T'Challa's origin closer to modern day, there's no room for apartheid South Africa (I like that she came to Wakanda to aid her people, though, as a touch to that). There's also just a general change with the introduction of N'Yami. I don't understand why they made someone other than Ramonda T'Challa's mother. I google search suggests there was some Dominic Fortune story that did this, but I've never read it.

There are some other little touches. There's a reference to T'Challa's grandfather as the unifier of Wakanda and a lot of talk about war between tribes before that point. Either Wakanda was never unified or was in a civil war, but that was apparently a momentous occasion. I think it's clear from Shuri's Djalia story that Wakanda had various people groups and capital cities through their great history other than the golden city. All culturally Wakanda but maybe didn't call themselves that.

The retcon of Jakarra was a lot more random. I think it works for this story (which has a theme of T'Challa losing faith in the righteousness of his father), but it isn't explored fully. It also means that a story arc of Jack Kirby's run has been rewritten as well. I'm not sure I would have wanted to see the Black Musketeers (or whatever they were called) show up, but that's essentially what the story is retelling.

There's a minor continuity error where it says that Azania believes Wakanda stole their land. That's supposed to be Niganda. Minor error but a bit weird when they stick the map of Wakanda on the back of the issue.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post

It's most noteworthy for all its retcons. Some were necessary, some were seemingly done just to make things more interesting. I don't think Panther's Quest can fit in continuity anymore. In some ways, that's OK. By moving T'Challa's origin closer to modern day, there's no room for apartheid South Africa (I like that she came to Wakanda to aid her people, though, as a touch to that). There's also just a general change with the introduction of N'Yami. I don't understand why they made someone other than Ramonda T'Challa's mother. I google search suggests there was some Dominic Fortune story that did this, but I've never read it.
    I was gonna ask you about that eventually, glad you brought it up because I forgot.

You are about the only other person on here that has read Panther's Quest it seems lol.

Did Rise have no place to squeeze it in? I can't remember if Ramonda disappeared or not during Rise.

What got absolutely thrown out is Who is the Black Panther. I don't think there is anyway to keep any of it anymore. T'challa/T'chaka has gone back to the older origin of T'chaka's death and it just doesn't really fit, other than Wakanda always being technologiclaly advanced.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

There’s no way they weren’t eventually gonna put Shuri in the BP suit lol. Disney’s making the same investment in Leticia that they’re making in Holland as Spider-Man and the girl playing Kamala Khan. She’s gonna be a long term legacy character that grows older alongside the younger crowd.

I guess Kasper Cole being BP post-T’Challa was possible (especially given the themes of the first film, having a black American BP would’ve felt right). But I think that with the strong response Shuri got from the first film and Disney doubling down on their diversity initiative, she was guaranteed the mantle down the line. Unless Chadwick had decided to be T’Challa indefinitely which I couldn’t see him doing unless his career/talent was mediocre and all he could do was MCU stuff like Chris Hemsworth lol.

Letitia/Shuri needed that ten years to mature as a character (and maybe a person...)

Especially after spending all that time in BP1 going over how you have to earn that title and crown through combat.

And the fact M'baku literally can't stand her.

M'baku would Omni-Man the chick in the waterfall lol

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Letitia/Shuri needed that ten years to mature as a character (and maybe a person...)

Especially after spending all that time in BP1 going over how you have to earn that title and crown through combat.

And the fact M'baku literally can't stand her.

M'baku would Omni-Man the chick in the waterfall lol
    Besides is Shuri like 18 in MCU canon? Especially since she got dusted along with T’Challa.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I jonesin' fuh some BP 01 art previews/teasers.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Besides is Shuri like 18 in MCU canon? Especially since she got dusted along with T’Challa.
    Something close to that.

They are really going to have to bend things to make it believable she could be the best warrior in Wakanda. They built the whole first movie around the fact she wasn't that.

In the the canon so far, from what we have seen, the first born is groomed to be the future king/bp while the others do something else (njobobobobobobb the spy and shuri the tech leader)