Page 576 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 76476526566572573574575576577578579580586626676 ... LastLast
Results 8,626 to 8,640 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    All the fire?

#mephistoconfirmed

lol.. good to see BP lookin like a boss
    that would be interesting for sure. See T'Challa put hands on ole Mephisto

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    that would be interesting for sure. See T'Challa put hands on ole Mephisto
    Mephisto’s currently being used in Jason Aaron’s Avengers but I’d be down to see T’Challa fight a demon eventually. Maybe Blackheart or a rival god to Bast like Sekhmet would be interesting.

But honestly I’m kinda over epic fantasy/space opera stuff with BP lol. Just gimme superhero espionage and high concept comic book science, the stuff that built the BP brand and made me like the character in the first place.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Mephisto’s currently being used in Jason Aaron’s Avengers but I’d be down to see T’Challa fight a demon eventually. Maybe Blackheart or a rival god to Bast like Sekhmet would be interesting.

But honestly I’m kinda over epic fantasy/space opera stuff with BP lol. Just gimme superhero espionage and high concept comic book science, the stuff that built the BP brand and made me like the character in the first place.
    Honestly, i'd rather see fantasy/sci fi stuff than espionage.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I’m not opposed to the genres mixing, don’t get me wrong. After all, we have seen Mephisto in a BP story that was effectively urban crime/espionage-based. So there’s lots of space to mix and match different types of stories, I just don’t care anymore to see T’Challa fighting space rebellions for 25 issues or fighting some random demon in Wakanda for 12 issues lol. I want more balance but with a strong core consisting of geopolitical thriller and sci-fi influenced action-adventure. The stuff T’Challa’s been doing basically his entire publication history.

For those with small kids this is a fantastic Black Panther children's book
    20210708_230355.jpg
    20210708_225118.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    After 12 issues of portal demons and 25 issues of space crap

I don't want it anymore lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I think if it's done right it would be fine.im not saying we need to jump right into a T'Challa vs Mephisto story, but I wouldn't mind seeing all the stuff that made him interesting happen again. Priest geopolitical thriller, Hudlins Globetrotting etc. K want all the stories because T'Challa has the. Very rare ability to fit in nearly every type of story beat. From Street level (though at this point it's kinda getting to a stretch point) all the way up to cosmic, and everything in between, I want all the stories and I want him interacting with all types of 616 characters because he can

Fantastic Member TrooperCameron's Avatar

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/john...november-news/
    Looks like we have a delay unfortunately. New run wont start to Nov 3rd.

Ultimate Member

I’m not opposed to the genres mixing, don’t get me wrong. After all, we have seen Mephisto in a BP story that was effectively urban crime/espionage-based. So there’s lots of space to mix and match different types of stories, I just don’t care anymore to see T’Challa fighting space rebellions for 25 issues or fighting some random demon in Wakanda for 12 issues lol. I want more balance but with a strong core consisting of geopolitical thriller and sci-fi influenced action-adventure. The stuff T’Challa’s been doing basically his entire publication history.
    After 12 issues of portal demons and 25 issues of space crap

I don't want it anymore lol
    I just don't find espionage or urban crime super interesting in Marvel. It's usually just Captain America-types pretending to be stealthy. I like the geopolitics and I don't necessarily need to see T'Challa in space but I liked seeing him deal with threats which seem "bigger"

Quote Originally Posted by TrooperCameron View Post
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/john...november-news/
    Looks like we have a delay unfortunately. New run wont start to Nov 3rd.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Something tells me this has to do with the movie but I don’t wanna open that can of worms again lol. I could understand the final issues of the Coates run because it’s obvious they were trying to salvage some profit from the failing comic but this is looking to be a systemic issue with T’Challa now.

I can’t think of any other reason why his book is facing these issues when characters like Carol and Tony are chugging along on schedule. I hope I’m wrong and just being a bit paranoid but the constant delays with this one character is becoming strange.
    Last edited by chief12d; 07-09-2021 at 07:36 AM.

Something tells me this has to do with the movie but I don’t wanna open that can of worms again lol. I could understand the final issues of the Coates run because it’s obvious they were trying to salvage some profit from the failing comic but this is looking to be a systemic issue with T’Challa now. I can’t think of any other reason why his book is facing these issues when characters like Carol and Tony are chugging along on schedule.
    one month is just an artist getting behind.

3 months is... something else .

I'm just gonna expect the worst at this point.

As the wise Eomer once said

Delayed for 3 months. That's great. Wonderful.

Astonishing Member

one month is just an artist getting behind.

3 months is... something else .

I'm just gonna expect the worst at this point.

As the wise Eomer once said

The only thing I can think of is heavy rewrites and new art, but how substantial do the changes need to be and why are they happening in the first place lol? They had all this time to figure shit out with Coates getting constantly delayed.

Hell, it’s not unreasonable to think Coates kept getting delayed in part because they wanted to give Ridley and the artist enough time to perfect their work. The whole thing screams a radical change in direction and I can only see it being in response to one thing. Spooky times to be a BP fan lol.