Page 577 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 77477527567573574575576577578579580581587627677 ... LastLast
Results 8,641 to 8,655 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    Delayed for 3 months. That's great. Wonderful.

Why can’t we have nice things? One month wouldn’t be so bad, but three? Now I’m a little upset.

Yeah 3 months is excessive on top of the already excessive Coates delay. Something probably went wrong and they're redoing something. Being a BP fan sure is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by TrooperCameron View Post
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/john...november-news/
    Looks like we have a delay unfortunately. New run wont start to Nov 3rd.
    Us BP fans have been cursed.

Quote Originally Posted by TrooperCameron View Post
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/john...november-news/
    Looks like we have a delay unfortunately. New run wont start to Nov 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    The only thing I can think of is heavy rewrites and new art, but how substantial do the changes need to be and why are they happening in the first place lol? They had all this time to figure **** out with Coates getting constantly delayed.

Hell, it’s not unreasonable to think Coates kept getting delayed in part because they wanted to give Ridley and the artist enough time to perfect their work. The whole thing screams a radical change in direction and I can only see it being in response to one thing. Spooky times to be a BP fan lol.
    Awe come on man don't say that. Now I'm going to get paranoid lol. I mean i don't see how the movie would have anything do with it. I mean as far as we are all concerned T'Challa is no longer apart of his MCU franchise so why would the 617 comics follow suit? He's been doing just fine leading the Avengers and having a new solo launch will probably gain a solid following. What from the MCU would even effect it?

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    Yeah 3 months is excessive on top of the already excessive Coates delay. Something probably went wrong and they're redoing something. Being a BP fan sure is fun.
    Do you think the delay will help or hurt potential sales? The delay may help spread the word for the book and boost preorder numbers, right? I know it’s wishful thinking, I’m just trying to find the positives.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Do you think the delay will help or hurt potential sales? The delay may help spread the word for the book and boost preorder numbers, right? I know it’s wishful thinking, I’m just trying to find the positives.
    They already started releasing variant covers so the promotion was started.

So, id guess hurt sales at this point.

You don't announce Alex Ross covers to turn around and go "lol nvm give us three months"
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Fantastic Member

It could be an unseen delay in Ridley or Cabal's schedule that just came up. The early issues could be fine, but maybe they see a delay coming after like issue 3 so instead of having a gap there, they are just delaying the start? Maybe wishful thinking. The pessimist in me assumes its a total re-write and they are completely starting over.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Awe come on man don't say that. Now I'm going to get paranoid lol. I mean i don't see how the movie would have anything do with it. I mean as far as we are all concerned T'Challa is no longer apart of his MCU franchise so why would the 617 comics follow suit? He's been doing just fine leading the Avengers and having a new solo launch will probably gain a solid following. What from the MCU would even effect it?
    I don’t think it’s killing T’Challa off for what it’s worth lol. That’s the absolute worst that can happen but I don’t think that’s in the cards. But if not T’Challa’s vastly altered fate in the MCU then what could be influencing this? With Coates it was obvious, waiting to start releasing til strategic times like Black History Month, giving artists time to make their variant covers, allowing the media people to really hype up the end of the run, that was all to give a book that was selling poorly a fighting chance at turning a profit. On top of allowing Ridley and Cabal several additional months to iron out their first few arcs to perfection so they could hit the ground running.

There’s zero excuse for a 3 month delay before the book even starts unless some sort of catastrophic error was made which seems unlikely to me given how much they were doing with the book anyway. It seems much more likely there’s some sort of direct edict from the higher ups that certain story changes happen. Changes that are probably a result of T’Challa no longer being in the MCU and new Wakandans taking center stage who are primed to overtake him in prominence and screen time. I think there’s a good chance Ridley’s being forced to increase the roles of certain characters like Shuri and Okoye or that he’s going to line up his run with a new wave of minis that are gonna build on a more expansive world of Wakanda. So yea major rewrites.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I don’t think it’s killing T’Challa off for what it’s worth lol. That’s the absolute worst that can happen but I don’t think that’s in the cards. But if not T’Challa’s vastly altered fate in the MCU then what could be influencing this? With Coates it was obvious, waiting to start releasing til strategic times like Black History Month, giving artists time to make their variant covers, allowing the media people to really hype up the end of the run, that was all to give a book that was selling poorly a fighting chance at turning a profit. On top of allowing Ridley and Cabal several additional months to iron out their first few arcs to perfection so they could hit the ground running.

There’s zero excuse for a 3 month delay before the book even starts unless some sort of catastrophic error was made which seems unlikely to me given how much they were doing with the book anyway. It seems much more likely there’s some sort of direct edict from the higher ups that certain story changes happen. Changes that are probably a result of T’Challa no longer being in the MCU and new Wakandans taking center stage who are primed to overtake him in prominence and screen time. I think there’s a good chance Ridley’s being forced to increase the roles of certain characters like Shuri and Okoye or that he’s going to line up his run with a new wave of minis that are gonna build on a more expansive world of Wakanda. So yea major rewrites.
    conspiracy theory is someone saw the leaked synopsis and then called Ridley and offer some... advice.

A more rational person might just say there was a scheduling error somewhere and they rather not delay later issues so they just delayed everything.

I am no longer rational at this point. My brains broke lol

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Dunno. Longer turn around from announcement could lead to waning interest.

I wish these delays came with explanations. The only thing I got to look forward to is an expansion to a vilified video game i'm not playing.

Or maybe this curse will break pattern and it ends up being really good XD

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    conspiracy theory is someone saw the leaked synopsis and then called Ridley and offer some... advice.

A more rational person might just say there was a scheduling error somewhere and they rather not delay later issues so they just delayed everything.

Would it really be a conspiracy though lol. BP seems to be more sensitive to MCU stuff than other franchises, they almost immediately shifted Shuri into her movie counterpart and it didn't take long for Okoye to all of a sudden show up and be the most prominent Dora after years of limbo. T'Challa has more in common with his MCU counterpart than he does his traditional depictions (even though the MCU is still much better than Coates).

I don't think it's that hard to imagine someone from the movie division representing Feige said "I like this story but we're moving in a more ensemble direction for the lifetime of MCU Black Panther. Make sure you give the supporting characters more time to shine in your story and maybe hold off on your release date so the spin-offs can all be synched together for the movie in a few months."

I don't understand how they could make such an egregious scheduling error when they've clearly been delaying **** for over a year and should've been on top of things like that. And an art delay doesn't make sense either, that wouldn't require 3 months, would it? More movie synergy seems like a decent enough reason imo.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

I swear, why does being a BP fan have to feel like riding a roller coaster with a monkeys paw in your pocket? I can see chiefs thought maybe being the case, that they are trying to push for more supporting cast prominence (even though we have already seen how that turned out with Coates) trying to line up but if there is a rewrite, dunno for sure, ot just Seems like setting Ridley up for failure by doing that. I just want a competent T'Challa that I can look forward to reading about every month. Is that too much to ask?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Final order cutoff would have either been this weekend or next weekend.

Remember Ridley is also doing another book at Distinguishing Competition starring the remains of 5G and a guy named Jace. That book is starring in August. Any huge boost in sales would have been bigger if it was done then versus November.

If they are trying a Cyborg-where you toss out a black lead book when fewer black lead ones are out. Static would be ending, Icon would be on issue 5, Hardware on 4, Aqualad and Daddy would be on issue 3, Shilo on 4 or 6, Miles is still around, who knows about Green Lantern because issue 6 would be September and most black indys would be ending or going on breaks.

Then we have Black Panther 200. Which would be the Miles Morales appearance.

An oversized Black Panther 200 in January which is a lull in big books anyway does open up a higher chance of bigger sales.

I would be more concerned if those summaries change between now and November or another delay to get Black Panther #3 (AKA 200) out for Black History Month.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Final order cutoff would have either been this weekend or next weekend.

Remember Ridley is also doing another book at Distinguishing Competition starring the remains of 5G and a guy named Jace. That book is starring in August. Any huge boost in sales would have been bigger if it was done then versus November.

If they are trying a Cyborg-where you toss out a black lead book when fewer black lead ones are out. Static would be ending, Icon would be on issue 5, Hardware on 4, Aqualad and Daddy would be on issue 3, Shilo on 4 or 6, Miles is still around, who knows about Green Lantern because issue 6 would be September and most black indys would be ending or going on breaks.

Then we have Black Panther 200. Which would be the Miles Morales appearance.

An oversized Black Panther 200 in January which is a lull in big books anyway does open up a higher chance of bigger sales.

I would be more concerned if those summaries change between now and November or another delay to get Black Panther #3 (AKA 200) out for Black History Month.

I haven’t pre ordered, but I probably will now, if I still can. I usually get a digital copy and a hard copy of the BP books.