Page 582 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 82482532572578579580581582583584585586592632682 ... LastLast
Results 8,716 to 8,730 of 15079
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Those gators are insane. Even BP got unnecessary hate when it was coming out. Not to levels of review bombing, but nonetheless unwarranted. And look how much of a success it was
    These are generally people who can't stand social change and progress because it makes them feel disempowered and disinherited, like they're entitled to be the undisputed rulers of all they survey, but because of "diversity," i.e. historically marginalized peoples and groups no longer letting themselves be confined to the background and be treated as wallpaper, they feel like they're the ones being screwed over, never mind that's the same feeling they thoughtlessly and carelessly inflicted for generations on the same marginalized peoples and groups they decry now.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Ekie watching this now like

Remove the attacks at the left. Just focus on the MsheU aspect he said. He's 100% right about getting away from the comics and it makes all the more clear that Shuri is gonna be BP.

And it was no doubt Kevin Feige who pushed it

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    These are generally people who can't stand social change and progress because it makes them feel disempowered and disinherited, like they're entitled to be the undisputed rulers of all they survey, but because of "diversity," i.e. historically marginalized peoples and groups no longer letting themselves be confined to the background and be treated as wallpaper, they feel like they're the ones being screwed over, never mind that's the same feeling they thoughtlessly and carelessly inflicted for generations on the same marginalized peoples and groups they decry now.
    Exactly. Their opinions matter less as time passes so they scream more loudly.

Feige at the premiere talking about how the women stole the movie

Pay CLOSE attention to what he said at the end of the video

Obviously Chad/T'Challa would have been lead had he lived. However, Feige didnt want to deal with the pressure of finding someone as good as Boseman and any backlash for replacing him. He was sold on other ideas anyway.

Ultimate Member

Wasn't this a common opinion at the time? That the side characters stole the show?

Wasn't this a common opinion at the time? That the side characters stole the show?
    The boss said thats what he loved the most and then wondered what he could do going forward with them. A fan can think one thing. You'll also find those who thought Killmonger stole the movie. Feige loved Shuri the most.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    The boss said thats what he loved the most and then wondered what he could do going forward with them. A fan can think one thing. You'll also find those who thought Killmonger stole the movie. Feige loved Shuri the most.
    I don't get the Killmonger thing though. No one actor stole the show IMO.

I don't get the Killmonger thing though. No one actor stole the show IMO.
    That’s what happens when one movie in the franchise carries black representation on its back. Especially Black female representation.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    That’s what happens when one movie in the franchise carries black representation on its back. Especially Black female representation.
    Yeah. I never liked the idea of one franchise being the "Black franchise." All of them should support Black heroes. I think this'll be changing soon to some extent

"Woman stole the show"

Tell me ONE scene from Nakia, Shuri, Okoye, or Ramonda on par with T'challa talking to Zuri after he saw Killmonger's ring. Or T'challa talkign to T'chaka the second time. or T'challa talking to T'chaka the first time. Hell, throw in T'challa talking to Killmonger both times too.

T'chadwick in one sentence... "I AM YOUR KING NOW" was more powerful than ANYTHING anyone else did the whoel movie.

Give me a F'ing break. Was Okoye cool with some cool fight scenes and witty one liners? Of course. Was Nakia the moral center that was "right'" and pushign T'chala the right way? Sure. Was Shuri pretty damn funny and great as a pain in the ass younger sister? Yes.

Did they steal the show? Did the display the acting chops of T'chadwick? Fuck no, not even close.

Hell, none of hte woman in the movie could match Forrest as Zuri. They couldn't match Sterling Brown as N'jobobobobobobbo. They were great at what they were given to do, but all the "memorable" parts of Black Panther were done by BLACK MEN.

But Okoye threw a wig! So great guys!
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

So at the end of the day, its all the same. Prominent black male...the ONLY one with a legacy is going to be destroyed under the auspice that the world needs a black female hero? Killmonger put it best when he said, "Yeah you can burn ALL that!! Well I'm giving no f's! I hope the BP movie franchise crashes, I can't have T'Challa, then screw it. I'll get old and gray waiting for Milestone heroes to get to the screen.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    "Woman stole the show"

Tell me ONE scene from Nakia, Shuri, Okoye, or Ramonda on par with T'challa talking to Zuri after he saw Killmonger's ring. Or T'challa talkign to T'chaka the second time. or T'challa talking to T'chaka the first time. Hell, throw in T'challa talking to Killmonger both times too.

T'chadwick in one sentence... "I AM YOUR KING NOW" was more powerful than ANYTHING anyone else did the whoel movie.

Give me a F'ing break. Was Okoye cool with some cool fight scenes and witty one liners? Of course. Was Nakia the moral center that was "right'" and pushign T'chala the right way? Sure. Was Shuri pretty damn funny and great as a pain in the ass younger sister? Yes.

Did they steal the show? Did the display the acting chops of T'chadwick? Fuck no, not even close.

Hell, none of hte woman in the movie could match Forrest as Zuri. They couldn't match Sterling Brown as N'jobobobobobobbo. They were great at what they were given to do, but all the "memorable" parts of Black Panther were done by BLACK MEN.

I can't totally agree. Forrest was good as Zuri, but I don't think he stood out from the other supporting cast. T'Challa was still the most stand out character IMO (despite what Killmonger fans may say).

However, I don't think it's necessarily wrong if some people feel one of the supporting characters stood out more, whether I agree or not.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    So at the end of the day, its all the same. Prominent black male...the ONLY one with a legacy is going to be destroyed under the auspice that the world needs a black female hero? Killmonger put it best when he said, "Yeah you can burn ALL that!! Well I'm giving no f's! I hope the BP movie franchise crashes, I can't have T'Challa, then screw it. I'll get old and gray waiting for Milestone heroes to get to the screen.
    Won’t have to wait long for Static at least.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    "Woman stole the show"

But those are the things Feige likes.

I cant for the life of me find the article. And I know you love the movie as is (so do I) so this alternate wouldnt mean much to you..

However, Feige said in an interview a few years back that Marvel edits 3 kind of movies. A serious movie, a funny movie and a movie that is more mixed. Then choose the best cut.

Feige clearly favors the humorous, lighthearted stuff etc. I remember Chadwick saying he wished they kept the scene between him and Zuri. Talking about his father and Zuri talking about life. We know about the Okoye/W'Kabi scene. Yet, they kept a "What are those!?!" moment with Shuri.

Feige loves light stuff. T'Challa discovering his father's past was some Shakespeare-type ish. Real acting, real hurt. Probably bogged down the movie to him, lol.

Shur will be one lining it up. Meanwhile Chad's T'Challa projected optimism, but you could see a sadness in his eyes over his father's death.

T'Challa looking at Killmonger right after stabbing him was some powerful stuff as well.

They did steal it from him. Nakia had the agency. Okoye had the fight scenes. If a character isn't a quibber and telling jokes, they need those at least. I know folks on here like his portrayal but I never cared for it. Killmonger and his father's story was more interesting. Now t'challa can't wear gold anymore

There were people calling for shuri to replace him not even days after the release. Him doing absolutely nothing in infinity war and endgame didn't help. He isn't A list or Teflon. I was waiting for priest's panther in the sequel

Just give me a good t'challa ongoing with minimal MCU interference and I'm good.

Ugh I said I wouldn't talk about the MCU anymore. I'm ghost
    Last edited by Pulp Fiction; 07-10-2021 at 09:31 PM.