Page 586 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 86486536576582583584585586587588589590596636686 ... LastLast
Results 8,776 to 8,790 of 15079
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Add in boycotting the movie because that "coon" Michael B Jordan allegedly had a now black girlfriend.
    Oh lets include John Ridley in this too-he had a show called Guerillas-black twitter/women threw fits that it was not about them and John's wife was NOT black.
    The movie Detroit was boycotted by black twitter for NOT being about black women-never mind it was a true story.
    The movie CREED-what did I hear? Creed 2 needs to be about his WIFE not him. Not a spinoff movie about her but Creed 2 has to be about HER not Creed.

The fake woke crowd does NOT want the black man around. Unless he is being used as a PROP.

Same ones demanding Shuri as Black Panther are the SAME ones who were MIA when Proud Mary came out.

How many black female lead books have we seen and fake woke was MIA?

While calling black me like me sexist. Yet I am the one with Far Sector, Naomi, Nubia, Moon Girl, Vixen, Concrete Park, Livewire, Kickazz, Black Cotton, Ironheart, Shuri, Goldie Vance, Eve and other black female lead books on my shelf. That propped black woman and NOT at the expense of a black man. Books that were better than Coates Black Panther run.

Yet fake woke won't talk about those books. Because they don't fit the agenda.
    Fake woke crowd? Does that exist? I'm sure there are many performative pseudo-progressives out there, but why do people act like this is all the expense of Black men? The group that always does that is White men, not Black women.

Also, I didn't think Proud Mary was a great movie

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Ok, but that's just Twitter. Everybody here says twitter is crazy so why take it seriously? Of course these characters will attract fans. You think that'll somehow affect the movies? You might be seeing an agenda where there's not one.

And in your previous comment you complained about "criticizing Black female heroes means you'll get called sexist". Hasn't this complaint happened everytime a female character gets promoted?
    Except it's not just Twitter now because it's spreading, when Chad was alive yes it could be ignored, however, now that recast T'Challa isn't on the table anymore it appears that the very thing BP fans (and Chadwick himself) didn't want to happen appears to be happening. Hopefully we are all wrong and the endgame is t the end of T'Challa.

There's a clear agenda that goes on, it's not some "seeing an agenda where there's not one" because this has been happening since before Black Panther dropped and has continued to happen. Calls to replace Black male characters with Black female Characters instead of ADDING Black female characters along with black males and it has happened.

Finally, no actually re-read my post because I didn't say anything about critizing black female heroes.

This is what I said:

Black Panther should of forced more diversity at been the example. Instead idiots want to cannibalize the mythos and take a established character and replace him with a female character instead of demanding characters like Storm, Misty, Monica etc get proper showing and development like they deserve. THAT'S the agenda people are talking about here. The constant Black men vs black women, and calls for any successful Black male to be replaced by a Black female, and if you don't agree your are a misogynistic, sexist who is intimated by strong Black women
    Please don't put word in my mouth my dude. I have zero issues with Black women getting their shine. Black Panther did more for promoting Black women in a positive light thant any other super hero movie ever and most regular movies. But the story is about T'CHALLA the franchise holder, the Black Panther, the one who has been Black Panther for the majority of the franchise publishing history. The one who made it possible to even get these Black women to show up on the big screen. And the answer the faux woke crowd has to that is get rid of T'Challa and let Shuri take over now? After all the hard work is done let Shuri reap the benefits and just take over before T'Challas story is even told? Bullshit. Let Shuri actually develop as a character and naturally grow into the re after T'Challas arc is complete.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Except it's not just Twitter now because it's spreading, when Chad was alive yes it could be ignored, however, now that recast T'Challa isn't on the table anymore it appears that the very thing BP fans (and Chadwick himself) didn't want to happen appears to be happening. Hopefully we are all wrong and the endgame is t the end of T'Challa.

There's a clear agenda that goes on, it's not some "seeing an agenda where there's not one" because this has been happening since before Black Panther dropped and has continued to happen. Calls to replace Black male characters with Black female Characters instead of ADDING Black female characters along with black males and it has happened.

Finally, no actually re-read my post because I didn't say anything about critizing black female heroes.

This is what I said:

Please don't put word in my mouth my dude. I have zero issues with Black women getting their shine. Black Panther did more for promoting Black women in a positive light thant any other super hero movie ever and most regular movies. But the story is about T'CHALLA the franchise holder, the Black Panther, the one who has been Black Panther for the majority of the franchise publishing history. The one who made it possible to even get these Black women to show up on the big screen. And the answer the faux woke crowd has to that is get rid of T'Challa and let Shuri take over now? After all the hard work is done let Shuri reap the benefits and just take over before T'Challas story is even told? Bullshit. Let Shuri actually develop as a character and naturally grow into the re after T'Challas arc is complete.
    But are you saying there's some concerted organised effort to replace Black heroes with Black heroines?

And I didn't try to misrepresent you. I was just following what you said. But your comment is the kind I've seen complaining about any characters being "replaced". So I'm a little over it

It doesn’t make sense to never recast, it will be done eventually. I think lackluster numbers for BP 2 will speed up the process.

No horse in the race but i don't have any intention of watching BP 2 if Shuri is BP. She has a role right now, and i think it's more disrespectful to take away BP mantle off screen assuming there is no recast than to just have Shuri step into her own role as a hero but that is just my opinion. I don't feel the first movie i got enough about Tchalla and now we are just what suppose to jump to a new person and roll with it just because. I just so far don't see the reasoning behind it which leave me cold. I can only speak for myself in that i love a good heroine but i don't like the way this is progressing. it feels like a bandaid if we don't see why it happens onscreen and it would also be dishonoring chadwick by their standard if they try to wrap it up by having BP in a mask die and then shuri take the mantle. But i am mainly going by how i feel based on what Disney claim their reasoning is.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Maybe they had these out for a while. Although this could be new shirts they are wearing around the set.

Dora Milaje T-shirt that you can see when she's dancing in this vid.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CRGzW-xA9Dz/

It doesn't, in fact this thread is very good about being pretty balanced In promoting positive showings of both. The problem here is the fake woke crowd.

Did you know that before BP dropped, Black Twitter was going on and on about how of the movie doesn't portray Black women right or if they weren't shown as equals, or showing Black dysfunction they would riot, then Not even a couple hours after it dropped, those same people started going on and on about if the sequel, you guessed it, pit black men vs women, Shuri should fight T'Challa for the mantle and win, or they should adapt Coates nation under our feet and have the Dora rebel, basically anything and everything they could think of to remove T'Challa, a Black Man and powerful African king, and replace him with Shuri or any woman really. That isht then seeps on by some that randomly show up here and then it gets discussed.

There is a agenda going on. One that pits minorities against one another fighting for crumbs instead of demanding equal treatment for all.

Black Panther should of forced more diversity at been the example. Instead idiots want to cannibalize the mythos and take a established character and replace him with a female character instead of demanding characters like Storm, Misty, Monica etc get proper showing and development like they deserve. THAT'S the agenda people are talking about here. The constant Black men vs black women, and calls for any successful Black male to be replaced by a Black female, and if you don't agree your are a misogynistic, sexist who is intimated by strong Black women.
    Yep. It's a complete bastardization of the reason the character was ever created. This is why I have been so critical of the mcuu from the jump when it comes to this character.
    Black panther isn't a character that's supposed to be steeped in stereotypes and agendas. It kinda separates him from every else for me.
    Last edited by Ekie; 07-11-2021 at 09:26 PM.

Ultimate Member

Isn't making him the leader of an uncolonized African nation an agenda in itself?

Isn't making him the leader of an uncolonized African nation an agenda in itself?
    As much of an agenda as anything, like making tony stark the smartest person in the MCU and that title only really being replaced because dude dead so in a turn about way he kind of always gets to be the shining example of genius in the MCU. I wonder if we will start to see characters of color actually surpass tony stark and claim their genius on screen because it was hinted at, alluded to, but it hasn't happened.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    As much of an agenda as anything, like making tony stark the smartest person in the MCU and that title only really being replaced because dude dead so in a turn about way he kind of always gets to be the shining example of genius in the MCU. I wonder if we will start to see characters of color actually surpass tony stark and claim their genius on screen because it was hinted at, alluded to, but it hasn't happened.
    It's possible that'll happen in the future.

It's possible that'll happen in the future.
    I think it would be more beneficial to the MCU to make shuri that than replace BP since they already made her the tech person and compared her to tony stark so by taking the mantle it kind of feels like they are limiting her freedom to being the technological genius she could be for the entire mcu than by becoming a traditional super hero in BP. I think it would make far more sense for Shuri to become Iron Woman than Black Panther.
    Last edited by jwatson; 07-11-2021 at 09:49 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Ultimate Member

I think it would be more beneficial to the MCU to make shuri that than replace BP since they already made her the tech person and compared her to BP so by taking the mantle it kind of feels like they are limiting her freedom to being the technological genius she could be for the entire mcu than by becoming a traditional super hero in BP. I think it would make far more sense for Shuri to become Iron Woman than Black Panther.
    Except we're already getting Ironheart. Tbh, I think Shuri should get her own code name. She can be her own genius tech superhero

I would like to see more Black science heroes, and PoC science heroes in general. Traditionally, most of them have been White

Except we're already getting Ironheart. Tbh, I think Shuri should get her own code name. She can be her own genius tech superhero

I would like to see more Black science heroes, and PoC science heroes in general. Traditionally, most of them have been White
    We are definitely on the same page here so i don't get why iron man didn't leavel shuri his legacy when he said himself she was a genius. Then you could have had her mentor riri and be all black girl stem and kicking but, yeesss! then we could have seen shuri putting together a new team of avengers but instead we are going to have shuri throw away everything she wanted to take BP mantle because it's too much of an insult to recast. Just don't make sense to me. Makes me feel like disney playing games.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BP mythos doesn't have heroines. It has T'challa, the black panther and hero, and then his supporting cast. BP franchise is the 2017 Cavs, not the 2011 Heat.

but instead we are going to have shuri throw away everything she wanted to take BP mantle because it's too much of an insult to recast.
    That is the thing, even if I was team #NoRecast... to make this work, they are going to have to throw away the characteristics of multiple characters or Wakanda's traditions itself to make it work. After we just spent a whole movie on Wakanda's traditions.

Unless...

You let Nakia win the title. And yes win, we have to see the Tribal tournament of sorts.

IMHO, that is the only way you can continue the themes of the first movie without bastardizing everyone. Shuri stays in her lab, Okoye stays the loyal Dora, the plot of Wakanda helping the world can still continue, Mbaku is cool with it because it came from tribal combat.

Still F'ing sucks with no T'challa, but at least the rest of the cast stays true to what they were. Lupita also has the chops to potentially hold the movie together, unlike Letitia.

IMHO, if you really want Letitia to be panther in this next movie, you simply don't give a **** about Black Panther 1 and you just want your character in the spotlight. Because it simply doesn't fit.

As an aside, it is still really weird Nakia wasn't in IW or EG.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    BP mythos doesn't have heroines. It has T'challa, the black panther and hero, and then his supporting cast. BP franchise is the 2017 Cavs, not the 2011 Heat.

That is the thing, even if I was team #NoRecast... to make this work, they are going to have to throw away the characteristics of multiple characters or Wakanda's traditions itself to make it work. After we just spent a whole movie on Wakanda's traditions.

Unless...

You let Nakia win the title. And yes win, we have to see the Tribal tournament of sorts.

IMHO, that is the only way you can continue the themes of the first movie without bastardizing everyone. Shuri stays in her lab, Okoye stays the loyal Dora, the plot of Wakanda helping the world can still continue, Mbaku is cool with it because it came from tribal combat.

Still F'ing sucks with no T'challa, but at least the rest of the cast stays true to what they were. Lupita also has the chops to potentially hold the movie together, unlike Letitia.

IMHO, if you really want Letitia to be panther in this next movie, you simply don't give a **** about Black Panther 1 and you just want your character in the spotlight. Because it simply doesn't fit.

As an aside, it is still really weird Nakia wasn't in IW or EG.
    Yea its odd since BP/IW filmed at the same time.

I know several Marvel villains have become likable/good guys. I do wonder if the long term play was to eventually make Nakia/M'Baku villains but its now thrown out the window because you need them to help carry the load with Shuri.

I'm really trying to see how they can make this work while "honoring Chad", not making the 1st BP a lesser movie (Matrix sequels take a little bit of shine off the OG), dealing with Atlantis/Namor and not being so repetitive with certain things.

I also think you mean 2018 Cavs.