Page 588 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 88488538578584585586587588589590591592598638688 ... LastLast
Results 8,806 to 8,820 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Bring in that new personality. Shuri about to go from being perky and excited about science to being miserable having to take the mantle because now she can't be in her lab where she really loves to be making new gadgets. At least not full time. Then on top of that she loses her unique hand gauntlets which made her iconic to be put in a suit and mask that belonged to someone else. Instead of stepping into her own they are basically going to regress the character. Shuri don't want no throne, she don't want no herbs but hey it is what it is. This sounds like far more work and far more endangering the movie than recasting which i still think was a powerplay because Boseman had power and he could use that power. Now it's like "girl, you can try to look out for your cast but you were already on thin ice." I'm trusting my instincts on this one and i don't believe what anyone has said about no recast or anything else. It just doesn't ring true. I mean at least give shuri a disney+ show first so we can see a journey, but then none of their disney+ shows have a singular black lead in the title. I'm just not here for back to back origin movies.
    A Shuri D+ would have been a great way of displaying Shuri's journey of becoming who she's was meant to be. And maybe in the 3rd movie when she becomes the king of Wakanda, we get a scene where Shuri is overwhelmed which causes her to have a private mini freak out, then T'Challa comes in to comfort her saying she can do this, she has come a long way to earn this and that he knows it's hard but with T'Challa on her side, He will always be there for her even if he's not the ruler anymore further showing the sibling relationship and the love the two have for each other.

Too bad we ain't never going to get this.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Well a few years ago it seemed like BP was THEE Marvel movie of 2022. It was getting the IW/Endgame relase date and it seemed intent on making it the biggest budget/most resources.

Now it seems like Multiverse of Madness and Thor: Love & Thunder are bigger deals.

Do the resources they planned to have for BP now get used up on those films?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Well a few years ago it seemed like BP was THEE Marvel movie of 2022. It was getting the IW/Endgame relase date and it seemed intent on making it the biggest budget/most resources.

Now it seems like Multiverse of Madness and Thor: Love & Thunder are bigger deals.

Tbh, I was always a bit more interested in those 2 because we had more plot/character details for those 2 while BP:WF never had much released about it until recently. After Chadwick Boseman passed, and Namor was being speculated, my excitement has been dampened, although I haven't given up on it yet.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Well we know T’Chaka was one of them. I’m betting on the second one being S’yan. The third is anyone’s guess.
    I could buy Azzuri too. When did he die in the comics? I would assume before T'Challa was born since we never see him in flashbacks but it'd be cool if in this game he died when T'Challa was a kid. Then T'Chaka died when he was a teenager, with S'Yan passing maybe shortly before T'Challa took the throne in his 20's.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I think it will disappoint. But how can he see things like this and think he’s making the right decision?

Well looking at Black Widow's financial success, I have a hard time thinking BP2 will falter financially. Even if word of mouth is bad, it'll turn a profit. What's more likely is that it produces an effect similar to WW84, The Last Jedi, or Dawn of Justice, films that made money but were so divisive and lambasted by fans that it basically broke the fandom and forced a course correction.

Either that happens or COVID picks back up to completely shut the world down again. Neither of those things seem likely, I expect that as long as the movie does a good job honoring Boseman most fans will be fine with whatever nonsense they pull to put whoever in the suit. Frankly the expectations for this movie are probably lower than any MCU movie ever, the only standard is they make us feel sad for the characters which isn't hard to do.

And with vaccinations being where they're at, it doesn't seem likely that a COVID resurgence will be so bad that it'll shut down theaters. BP2 will probably be one of, if not the most profitable Phase 4 movie. But if critical reception is mixed and the fandom goes awry I could see them bringing T'Challa back as early as BP3. But I wouldn't bet on it, I think they're far more likely to bring him back for a new trilogy, if at all.

T'challa lookin like a PJ mask member lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post

Well looking at Black Widow's financial success, I have a hard time thinking BP2 will falter financially. Even if word of mouth is bad, it'll turn a profit. What's more likely is that it produces an effect similar to WW84, The Last Jedi, or Dawn of Justice, films that made money but were so divisive and lambasted by fans that it basically broke the fandom and forced a course correction.

Either that happens or COVID picks back up to completely shut the world down again. Neither of those things seem likely, I expect that as long as the movie does a good job honoring Boseman most fans will be fine with whatever nonsense they pull to put whoever in the suit. Frankly the expectations for this movie are probably lower than any MCU movie ever, the only standard is they make us feel sad for the characters which isn't hard to do.

And with vaccinations being where they're at, it doesn't seem likely that a COVID resurgence will be so bad that it'll shut down theaters. BP2 will probably be one of, if not the most profitable Phase 4 movie. But if critical reception is mixed and the fandom goes awry I could see them bringing T'Challa back as early as BP3. But I wouldn't bet on it, I think they're far more likely to bring him back for a new trilogy, if at all.
    If this becomes Marvels Last Jedi, they’ll definitely course correct and bring T’Challa back.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Ultimate Member

A lot of fans here want a recast because they're familiar with T'Challa and read his comics. Does the ga feel the same?

I could buy Azzuri too. When did he die in the comics? I would assume before T'Challa was born since we never see him in flashbacks but it'd be cool if in this game he died when T'Challa was a kid. Then T'Chaka died when he was a teenager, with S'Yan passing maybe shortly before T'Challa took the throne in his 20's.

I'd imagine Disney will feel it more in merch sales than Box Office.

There is like zero excitement for it.

Even the people what want a T'challa less movie don't seem excited for it lol.

None of the cast seems excited. Coogler doesn't seem excited. Feige is trying.

It just feels like a movie they "have" to do. which is why they should have pushed it back.

I mean... shit... Thor 4 comes out 3 months prior to BP2... yet we know cast list, know the villain, seen social media pictures of jacked Hemsworth jacked Porter, and I think it is done filming and in post production right?

Yet BP comes out 3 months after that and they are... just starting to film??
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member

It seems like MoM is a big deal because interest in it has increased due to Wandavision.

I think the biggest phase 4 film right now on the horizon is Spidey 3.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    BP mythos doesn't have heroines. It has T'challa, the black panther and hero, and then his supporting cast. BP franchise is the 2017 Cavs, not the 2011 Heat.

That is the thing, even if I was team #NoRecast... to make this work, they are going to have to throw away the characteristics of multiple characters or Wakanda's traditions itself to make it work. After we just spent a whole movie on Wakanda's traditions.

Unless...

You let Nakia win the title. And yes win, we have to see the Tribal tournament of sorts.

IMHO, that is the only way you can continue the themes of the first movie without bastardizing everyone. Shuri stays in her lab, Okoye stays the loyal Dora, the plot of Wakanda helping the world can still continue, Mbaku is cool with it because it came from tribal combat.

Still F'ing sucks with no T'challa, but at least the rest of the cast stays true to what they were. Lupita also has the chops to potentially hold the movie together, unlike Letitia.

IMHO, if you really want Letitia to be panther in this next movie, you simply don't give a shit about Black Panther 1 and you just want your character in the spotlight. Because it simply doesn't fit.

As an aside, it is still really weird Nakia wasn't in IW or EG.
    Don't think about that MoS. Its not important. There's no real good way to make her BP without undermining the first or retreading it. And the fact they are trying to add in Atlantis too? When they Barley explored Wakanda... Somethings going to give

Incredible Member

Coogler and Fiege have an easy out if the film is bad. I think audiences will be sympathetic given the circumstances the film was made in.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I'd imagine Disney will feel it more in merch sales than Box Office.

There is like zero excitement for it.

Even the people what want a T'challa less movie don't seem excited for it lol.

None of the cast seems excited. Coogler doesn't seem excited. Feige is trying.

It just feels like a movie they "have" to do. which is why they should have pushed it back.

I mean... shit... Thor 4 comes out 3 months prior to BP2... yet we know cast list, know the villain, seen social media pictures of jacked Hemsworth jacked Porter, and I think it is done filming and in post production right?

Yet BP comes out 3 months after that and they are... just starting to film??
    To be fair, at the moment there's nothing to drive excitement outside of a title card. I think people in the wake of Chadwick's death are in wait and see mode. Once there's something like a poster, set leak of Namor.etc out, people will start buzzing again either positively or negatively.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    It seems like MoM is a big deal because interest in it has increased due to Wandavision.
    So, in theory, they could come up with a Wakanda-esque show anytime before BP2 drops so it can have similar synergy?

They could do something, anything with this, in Oakland, 6 eps. What if the kid who asks T'challa who he is is the focus?

I don't know, just thinking out loud I guess.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post

I think the biggest phase 4 film right now on the horizon is Spidey 3.
    Because of the Maguire/Garfield nostalgia? Honestly I think MoM will be bigger