Page 59 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159559 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Dont see how he has time if he's filming/directing Creed 3.I also think Ryan wouldnt wait so late to inform if he's in or not. Maybe he's just hinting at a possible cameo.
    If it's a Ryan coogler movie then Michael B Jordan is going to be in it and likely going to be the be the star or the co-star just like he was in Black Panther 1.
    Last edited by Ekie; 01-27-2021 at 04:12 PM.

Mighty Member

How yall would rather watch Wandavision than a non T'Challa Black Panther movie.

Dont watch none of Marvel if you're that mad. There's real principle in that. However, picking and choosing to ignore a majority black cast film (that doesnt get that many opportunities for stuff like this anyway)

Its just a laughable take. Give Feige money for this, but dont give Feige money for something predominantly black. I dont get it.
    Don't watch slave movies either. And only watched MCU hoping Adam Warlock would show up. Only reason I even bought comics for so long was to support the almost unique character that is T'Challa. He's a fantastic role model that didn't scream the color purple or roots.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    Don't watch slave movies either. And only watched MCU hoping Adam Warlock would show up. Only reason I even bought comics for so long was to support the almost unique character that is T'Challa. He's a fantastic role model that didn't scream the color purple or roots.
    I think the Tarzan TV shows had a majority Black cast too.

I still can't figure out how the Asian-Pacific kid made it to the middle of Africa.

Was there no Avengers this week?

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    It’s simple, when I read or see something with the title Black Panther, I’m there for T’Challa. Period. Black Panther for the past 50+ years has been T’Challas story. If he’s not in it then I see no need to continue to support BP’s side of the MCU.
    Ok so the man with all the power to PUT T'CHALLA in BLACK PANTHER 2 is producing other stuff you'd buy/see anyway. So either way he's winning and got other stuff for you to watch. Because he's got so much other stuff is why he doesnt care what people think anyway.

Carry on with the Half Measure though.

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I think the Tarzan TV shows had a majority Black cast too.

I still can't figure out how the Asian-Pacific kid made it to the middle of Africa.
    So we're comparing Wakanda as presently presented to Tarzan and Slave movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Marvel and all of the white people that are defending this decision will tell you that the main character will still be black so you should watch it.

Personally I'm not going to support the movie financially or verbally(which i will freely continue to be vocal about). And probably will cut down on my intake of it all Marvel products that my favorite character isn't involved in.
    Nah dont cut down on it, cut it all off. You're mad remember. They stole T'Challa from you remember.

Sitting up watching Thor 4 with powered up Jane and not watching BP2 cause of their way of honoring Chad would make no sense.

Be done with Marvel since they said said to you they are done with T'Challa. (If that is the major sticking point)

Just saying people who only boycott the ONE MOVIE but see other MCU films doesnt sound very productive. That just tells me you're really not that mad (not talking to you just in general)

Ok so the man with all the power to PUT T'CHALLA in BLACK PANTHER 2 is producing other stuff you'd buy/see anyway. So either way he's winning and got other stuff for you to watch. Because he's got so much other stuff is why he doesnt care what people think anyway.

To me it doesn't matter, the only thing of mcu I'm going to watch is the What if for T'Challa, I have long since stopped caring for everything else in the MCU not having T'Challa in it long before Chad passed.

But I am not going to support a movie just because it has a Black cast. That's how Tyler Perry movie's keep being made despite those movies all up in and THRIVING in Black dysfunction
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 01-27-2021 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    to me it doesn't matter, the only thing of mcu I'm going to watch is the What if for T'Challa. But I am not going to support a movie just because it has a Black cast. That's how Tyler Perry movie's keep being made despite those movies all up in and THRIVING in Black dysfunction
    The irony of yall saying I'm lumping all black folks together when yall are doing the same. What about Coogler's track record says Coogler promotes Black dysfunction? There's no need for a Tyler Perry name drop because Coogler is clearly several levels above him. I respect you for saying you're just watching the What If tho.

So we're comparing Wakanda as presently presented to Tarzan and Slave movies.
    Well, all you said was "majority black cast".You didn't specify so there was a need to point out that a movie with an all Black majority cast shouldn't be the only reason to watch it.

No one is telling you that you not to watch BP2, by all means watch it. Some of us are just choosing not to while enjoying other movie and TV shows like Blade, Shang-Chi, Falcon and Winter-Soldier, Black Widow and yes...WandaVision.
    Last edited by Marvell2100; 01-27-2021 at 04:55 PM. Reason: forgot to add the word "was"

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It's interesting how Wakanda is supposedly more important and bigger then the title Character, yet for Thor Asgard was a complete afterthought and able to be completely destroyed without a single care.
    Let's be fair, though. MCU Wakanda is a fascinating and vibrant culture I wouldn't mind living in, if my melanin deficiency didn't disqualify me.

MCU Asgard was an Academy Awards set and a bunch of corridors.

If his money and his choice. I don't see why you have issue with his logic.
    I think it's perfectly fine if he wants to continue to support and enjoy other products outside of Wakanda the sequel.

If people want to complain about the movies they are free to complain about the movies. You are right that money talks and that's what they really listen to but that doesn't mean they don't hear the complaints. If the money isn't there and they hear the complaints they'll connect the dots. If the money isn't there but they don't hear any complaints and they'll just assume that the movie bombed because the first one was just a fluke social event or that it just didn't sell because of some other reason not involving the lack of Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Let's be fair, though. MCU Wakanda is a fascinating and vibrant culture I wouldn't mind living in, if my melanin deficiency didn't disqualify me.

MCU Asgard was an Academy Awards set and a bunch of corridors.
    There really wasn't much exploration of MCU wakanda outside of a few pretty shots. There's really no excuse for their wanting to explore wakanda all of a sudden when they didn't with Asgard other than the fact that they think that Blackness is what sold this movie not the story or the characters

Was there no Avengers this week?
    The latest issue was there last week.

If his money and his choice. I don't see why you have issue with his logic.
    I think it's perfectly fine if he wants to continue to support and enjoy other products outside of Wakanda the sequel.

If people want to complain about the movies they are free to complain about the movies. You are right that money talks and that's what they really listen to but that doesn't mean they don't hear the complaints. If the money isn't there and they hear the complaints they'll connect the dots. If the money isn't there but they don't hear any complaints and they'll just assume that the movie bombed because the first one was just a fluke social event or that it just didn't sell because of some other reason not involving the lack of Black Panther.
    This all day. I'm not going to lob any criticism at people who want to watch the movie. It's their choice. Like I said, some of us choose not to for our own reasons whether people agree or not.