Page 594 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 94494544584590591592593594595596597598604644694 ... LastLast
Results 8,896 to 8,910 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I don't really get wanting a "new multiverse" T'challa though.

You can't continue the arc from CW and BP1 because it is a different person. You'd have to have a whole other "prove yourself" arc because... why would Wakanda just accept an outsider as king?

Wanting a variant T'challa on the throne... you might as well just ask for MCU Wakanda be destroyed and put in a new variant Wakanda lol.

It is the continuation of "T'chadwick" or bust for me. I don't need a whole movie explaining who the variant is, getting the variant accepted, blah blah blah. I want the epic story for BP1 continued.
    Multiverse T'Challa only works in a very specific way. But it's like you said, it's not just getting another T'Challa. It's about continuing the journey T'Chadwick started. The most recent interview Feige goes on about how when hearing Chad passing he was concerned about his family and his wife and his legacy. Yet he was pretty damn clear what he thought about legacy wise when he approached roles. He set up MBJ to succeed after him in all my children, he established the biggest black male lead of all time and wanted T'Challa to outlive us all... Those were his own words.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    All the more reason to go with Shuri..

Or why they dont see the "need" like we do to bring back T'Challa.
    They had so many white male leads before that white female leads weren't a top priority or an issue at the time.

Now with black male leads on the rise, they will choose to kill of the first black male lead to have started it all in the comics and replace him with his sibling who came decades later, and also having too many black male leads might be a problem, thereby, making T'Challa the sacrificial lamb to give a female that spot? Great, just great

Except to make Shuri work you gotta go 1 of three ways:

Completely ignore and drop all concepts from the first movie to make it work which messes up continuity.

Redo the first movie basically as it's Shuris origin story which messes with logistical character development because 18 year old Shuri isn't all of a sudden going to magically be able to lead a nation after T'Challa spent his entire life preparing and still had doubts.

Try and make it into an ensemble movie to make up for the huge hole of no T'Challa, using characters who lack all types of development while trying to develop another hidden advanced nation.

This is why a delay and Recast should of happened. The connection between T'Challa and Namor and Wakanda and Atlantis is deep, and thinking you can. Substitute it out with Shuri is ignorant and an insult to T'Challa and Chad's legacy

And what happens when Storm inevitably comes to the MCU? See it’s that kind of thinking that Marvel may currently have is exactly the kind of thing Chad was against when he was still living. The thinking that Hollywood has that there can’t be more than one Black person (or in this case Black man) in a space. And if Marvel truly has that mindset then they’re going against everything he believed. But sure, they’re totally gonna “honor” him. Smdh.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

When they confirm that Shuri is BP and it finally sets in, It might get a little rowdy in here. MCU T'challa is gone for good folks. Coogler is the one who doesn't want a recast, variant or otherwise.

I've come to terms with it and I'm just hoping comic book T'challa doesn't get Hank pym'd

I haven't watched Loki, any of the current shows or movies but from what I can gather with all the theories and spoilers, will Wakanda even matter in the grand scheme of things as the MCU is moving forward?

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    I haven't watched Loki, any of the current shows or movies but from what I can gather with all the theories and spoilers, will Wakanda even matter in the grand scheme of things as the MCU is moving forward?
    Doesn't look like it at the moment.

Probably. Probably not. Especially with the news that Marvel isn’t doing multi picture deals for their actors anymore.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    When they confirm that Shuri is BP and it finally sets in, It might get a little rowdy in here. MCU T'challa is gone for good folks. Coogler is the one who doesn't want a recast, variant or otherwise.

I've come to terms with it and I'm just hoping comic book T'challa doesn't get Hank pym'd
    Yup.

I thikn the comic being pushed back ruined any chance we had in here of not being miserable lol.

I think the Shuri thread should become the movie discussion place

(until people get bored over there and want to come here to rub it in lol)

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Doesn't look like it at the moment.
    Seems wild that the biggest solo franchise in the MCU seems to have absolutely zero effect on what is going on in the MCU as a whole.

How did Ant-Man 3 get so important all of a sudden lol?

Remember when we all had discussions on how the new marvel big three of T'challa, Carol, and Strange would get along? Seems like decades ago.

Hell, with Reed incoming, RiRi incoming, they won't even "need" to use Waknada/Shuri for tech/smart stuff soon.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    And what happens when Storm inevitably comes to the MCU? See it’s that kind of thinking that Marvel may currently have is exactly the kind of thing Chad was against when he was still living. The thinking that Hollywood has that there can’t be more than one Black person (or in this case Black man) in a space. And if Marvel truly has that mindset then they’re going against everything he believed. But sure, they’re totally gonna “honor” him. Smdh.
    Well Feige has said the MCU is going to be more diverse...if you know what I mean...

Well Feige has said the MCU is going to be more diverse...if you know what I mean...
    It means some x-men peeps are getting race bent and the X fans are gonna lose their minds
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 07-14-2021 at 07:12 AM.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

It means some x-men peeps are getting race bent and the X fans are gonna lose their minds
    I actually meant Storm getting some Shuri action instead.

But yes it seems like popular speculation that Magneto will be black.

Yup.

I thikn the comic being pushed back ruined any chance we had in here of not being miserable lol.

I think the Shuri thread should become the movie discussion place

(until people get bored over there and want to come here to rub it in lol)

Seems wild that the biggest solo franchise in the MCU seems to have absolutely zero effect on what is going on in the MCU as a whole.

How did Ant-Man 3 get so important all of a sudden lol?

Remember when we all had discussions on how the new marvel big three of T'challa, Carol, and Strange would get along? Seems like decades ago.

Hell, with Reed incoming, RiRi incoming, they won't even "need" to use Waknada/Shuri for tech/smart stuff soon.
    At this point it may be a good number of years until a BP3 is made or if it gets made at all considering Marvel isn’t doing multi picture contracts for the actors anymore. That’s not even getting into the fact that the cast and crew are clearly still grieving and getting through the production of this film is wearing on them emotionally as is. Hell even Anthony Mackie said a while back that the cast is “ragged” by this movie.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

I actually meant Storm getting some Shuri action instead.

But yes it seems like popular speculation that Magneto will be black.
    Eh, maybe magneto but it is going to be some people on the main team, not just the villain.

Its gonna be like Jean Grey or Rogue .Or Gambit. Southern Black Gambit and Rogue actually makes too much sense.

At this point it may be a good number of years until a BP3 is made or if it gets made at all considering Marvel isn’t doing multi picture contracts for the actors anymore. That’s not even getting into the fact that the cast and crew are clearly still grieving and getting through the production of this film is wearing on them emotionally as is. Hell even Anthony Mackie said a while back that the cast is “ragged” by this movie.
    It could be a very long time. Especially if they want Coogler for the third as well.

I mean... the X men are coming sooner or later. Avengers movies are going to come back.

Wakanda on TV may be the consolation instead of a third movie.

I finished that last episode and realized a no T'Challa BP just really got a whole lot less interesting (even more than before). The more interesting thing is actually thinking about him interacting with other heroes to help solve the big bad.

Those other movies went from an interest level of 5 to 9. Fricking Ant-Man 3 just became a lot more interesting.

I also think this is why before Chad died they decided not to go the Achebe route. These other films are doing such big things. You needed a T'Challa vs. Namor. Unfortunately with Chad's passing it seems like they said lets just put more emphasis on the other projects. People who just want to see Wakanda will show up anyway.