Page 595 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 95495545585591592593594595596597598599605645695 ... LastLast
Results 8,911 to 8,925 of 15079
    Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Eh, maybe magneto but it is going to be some people on the main team, not just the villain.

Its gonna be like Jean Grey or Rogue .Or Gambit. Southern Black Gambit and Rogue actually makes too much sense.

It could be a very long time. Especially if they want Coogler for the third as well.

I mean... the X men are coming sooner or later. Avengers movies are going to come back.

Wakanda on TV may be the consolation instead of a third movie.
    Man I love Okoye, but I've become less interested in a Dora show since they are not recasting T'Challa. Rather see a young T'Chaka or a Panther from generations ago show
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 07-14-2021 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Man I love Okoye, but I've become less interested in a Dora show since they are not recassting T'Challa. Rather see a young T'Chaka or a Panther from generations ago show
    TBH I don't really like TV shows to begin with, I didn't really like WandaVision and LOKI let me down at the end (thanks for the 6 hour trailer for future movies Kevin) but an idea of a Dora show never made any sense to me anyway.

War Dog? Sure. Dora? Naw.

But they already kinda butchered the concept of the Doras in FalWS show so whatever.

Whole concept of Wakanda as presented in BP1 is changing rapidly.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Multiverse T'Challa only works in a very specific way. But it's like you said, it's not just getting another T'Challa. It's about continuing the journey T'Chadwick started. The most recent interview Feige goes on about how when hearing Chad passing he was concerned about his family and his wife and his legacy. Yet he was pretty damn clear what he thought about legacy wise when he approached roles. He set up MBJ to succeed after him in all my children, he established the biggest black male lead of all time and wanted T'Challa to outlive us all... Those were his own words.
    Man if a variant is what it’s gonna take for T’Challa to stay in the MCU then so be it. That’s where I’m personally at right now.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Man if a variant is what it’s gonna take for T’Challa to stay in the MCU then so be it. That’s where I’m personally at right now.
    Yea it’s either no T’Challa or a heavily modified version y’all lol. At least for now. But I do agree with Pulp Fiction that Coogler’s probably not gonna let that happen so I wouldn’t expect any movement on that in this trilogy.

BP4 however, I could definitely see a new version brought in after Shuri’s been given her time to shine and people have further grieved Boseman. The marketing power of the “return of the king” seems alike a slam dunk with the right actor and hopefully a new director.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yea it’s either no T’Challa or a heavily modified version y’all lol. At least for now. But I do agree with Pulp Fiction that Coogler’s probably not gonna let that happen so I wouldn’t expect any movement on that in this trilogy.

BP4 however, I could definitely see a new version brought in after Shuri’s been given her time to shine and people have further grieved Boseman. The marketing power of the “return of the king” seems alike a slam dunk with the right actor and hopefully a new director.
    I’m hoping for a new director too if that happens. While I still like the first film, it’s pretty obvious Coogler was more interested in Wakanda than T’Challa. There might even be newer characters to fill out the supporting roles by that time too so that the old cast won’t be able to influence decisions regarding T’Challa. Heck Coogler is going to produce a bunch of Disney + shows after he’s done with WF so there’s a very real chance he probably won’t direct a Black Panther 3.

Oh and should T’Challa return one day, let’s make sure to gate keep the hell out of him. Lol.
    Last edited by BlackClaw; 07-14-2021 at 08:04 AM.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Astonishing Member

TBH I don't really like TV shows to begin with, I didn't really like WandaVision and LOKI let me down at the end (thanks for the 6 hour trailer for future movies Kevin) but an idea of a Dora show never made any sense to me anyway.

War Dog? Sure. Dora? Naw.

But they already kinda butchered the concept of the Doras in FalWS show so whatever.

Whole concept of Wakanda as presented in BP1 is changing rapidly.
    Yea the Dora are a victim of their own success. They’re so visually striking and badass that if you want to see more of them in their own story they kinda have to be more than just the king’s bodyguards. So over the years they’ve basically been turned into the equivalent of Wakanda’s special forces, hence why you have Okoye now acting as the head of the AOW (a role that makes more sense for a HZ) and why most of their solo adventures (in comics and in other materials) have them working overseas in some contrived manner.

A Dora show in the MCU makes much more sense as a Wakanda-based series that gives us a window into the different factions within the kingdom. But there’s a good chance it’ll end up being just a Wakandan version of Falcon and Winter Soldier. Which crowds out the HZ since espionage and globetrotting is their thing. Hopefully Coogler doe a better job of establishing their respective roles but I’d be lying if I said I trust him to do that.

They said there are 5 versions of the script so it is possible but this might alienate a few fans in the long run if T'Challa never returns

Yea the Dora are a victim of their own success. They’re so visually striking and badass that if you want to see more of them in their own story they kinda have to be more than just the king’s bodyguards. So over the years they’ve basically been turned into the equivalent of Wakanda’s special forces, hence why you have Okoye now acting as the head of the AOW (a role that makes more sense for a HZ) and why most of their solo adventures (in comics and in other materials) have them working overseas in some contrived manner.

A Dora show in the MCU makes much more sense as a Wakanda-based series that gives us a window into the different factions within the kingdom. But there’s a good chance it’ll end up being just a Wakandan version of Falcon and Winter Soldier. Which crowds out the HZ since espionage and globetrotting is their thing. Hopefully Coogler doe a better job of establishing their respective roles but I’d be lying if I said I trust him to do that.
    FalCap would have been the perfect chance to introduce the more comic traditional HZ.

aka... white suits and camo. If you want the H2H instead of machine guns, just give them energy daggers instead. Stun setting would have been perfect for what they were dong in FalCap anyway.

Sigh. take me back to 2018 to simpler times
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

FalCap would have been the perfect chance to introduce the more comic traditional HZ.

aka... white suits and camo. If you want the H2H instead of machine guns, just give them energy daggers instead. Stun setting would have been perfect for what they were dong in FalCap anyway.

Sigh. take me back to 2018 to simpler times

You and me both on this one.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I’m hoping for a new director too if that happens. While I still like the first film, it’s pretty obvious Coogler was more interested in Wakanda than T’Challa. There might even be newer characters to fill out the supporting roles by that time too so that the old cast won’t be able to influence decisions regarding T’Challa. Heck Coogler is going to produce a bunch of Disney + shows after he’s done with WF so there’s a very real chance he probably won’t direct a Black Panther 3.

Oh and should T’Challa return one day, let’s make sure to gate keep the hell out of him. Lol.
    Coogler’s a smart guy, he recognized that there is no black equivalent to Star Wars or Lord of the Rings and he saw Black Panther as an opportunity to make one. You got all these different factions, this rich lore, and of course an expansive cast of characters all built up over decades of publication. Black Panther more than any other Avengers-related property save Thor lends itself to the Game of Thrones epic, something that black folks have been craving for years and he embraced that.

T’Challa was undoubtedly the lead, but the supporting cast (whether we agree or not) was often said to have stolen the show, the worldbuilding was heavier than any superhero film ever, and the themes of social justice and black solidarity were very thick. Black Panther was the story of T’Challa but it was just as much the story of a fictional nation that captivated the entire world, its no surprise they were so comfortable moving on from T’Challa. Frankly it’s easier to move on from him than it would’ve been if RDJ passed after Iron Man 1 or Evans after First Avenger.

The ecosystem Coogler created after 1 movie is seemingly that strong and that’s a direct byproduct of him probably being more interested in the world of Wakanda than just T’Challa as a solo superhero. You can tell by the size of the supporting cast and the story direction he took, he sees the Black Panther mythos as more of an ensemble with a strong lead than a pure solo endeavor like say Batman. And that’s the increasingly popular perception of the franchise as a whole.

Thankfully the MCU seems to not keep directors for more than 3 movies so I’m fairly confident Coogler’s opinions won’t guide MCU BP forever. He probably won’t direct BP4 and after 7-10 years of T’Challa on the shelf I don’t see why Disney would never bring the character back when all reports seem to indicate Feige wanted that in the first place. Several supporting characters will either have died or been written out the MCU somehow so the supporting actors won’t have as much say either. I can buy T’Challa not being present for the rest of this trilogy but with there being a likely creative/personnel shift by the next trilogy, T’Challa might still have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    They said there are 5 versions of the script so it is possible but this might alienate a few fans in the long run if T'Challa never returns
    Oh it will. The more time passes, the more fans will heal from Chad’s passing. And the more people that heal, the more they will want to see T’Challa return. Heck by the time the movie comes out it will have been nearly two years since the death, and if they do kill T’Challa that’s gonna reopen a wound for audiences and it could very well backfire on Marvel regardless of how convinced they were that it was the “respectful” way to handle things.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

T’Challa was undoubtedly the lead, but the supporting cast (whether we agree or not) was often said to have stolen the show, the worldbuilding was heavier than any superhero film ever, and the themes of social justice and black solidarity were very thick. Black Panther was the story of T’Challa but it was just as much the story of a fictional nation that captivated the entire world, its no surprise they were so comfortable moving on from T’Challa. Frankly it’s easier to move on from him than it would’ve been if RDJ passed after Iron Man 1 or Evans after First Avenger.

The ecosystem Coogler created after 1 movie is seemingly that strong and that’s a direct byproduct of him probably being more interested in the world of Wakanda than just T’Challa as a solo superhero. You can tell by the size of the supporting cast and the story direction he took, he sees the Black Panther mythos as more of an ensemble with a strong lead than a pure solo endeavor like say Batman. And that’s the increasingly popular perception of the franchise as a whole.

Thankfully the MCU seems to not keep directors for more than 3 movies so I’m fairly confident Coogler’s opinions won’t guide MCU BP forever. He probably won’t direct BP4 and after 7-10 years of T’Challa on the shelf I don’t see why Disney would never bring the character back when all reports seem to indicate Feige wanted that in the first place. Several supporting characters will either have died or been written out the MCU somehow so the supporting actors won’t have as much say either. I can buy T’Challa not being present for the rest of this trilogy but with there being a likely creative/personnel shift by the next trilogy, T’Challa might still have a chance.

I agree with a lot of what you said. Although for me personally, the supporting cast did not carry the movie. I’m way more of a fan for TChalla than even Killmonger who was a huge standout in the film. I also don’t think there will be a huge delay in the TChalla recast like most people. I think he’ll be back by BP 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I also don’t think there will be a huge delay in the TChalla recast like most people. I think he’ll be back by BP 3.
    That’s what I’m hoping for as well. But for right now I’m keeping my expectations low. Though if it does happen I could see Feige saying something like “we believe enough time has passed to where audiences are ready to see T’Challas story continue” or something like that.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I finished that last episode and realized a no T'Challa BP just really got a whole lot less interesting (even more than before). The more interesting thing is actually thinking about him interacting with other heroes to help solve the big bad.

Those other movies went from an interest level of 5 to 9. Fricking Ant-Man 3 just became a lot more interesting.

I also think this is why before Chad died they decided not to go the Achebe route. These other films are doing such big things. You needed a T'Challa vs. Namor. Unfortunately with Chad's passing it seems like they said lets just put more emphasis on the other projects. People who just want to see Wakanda will show up anyway.
    How to kill your biggest Solo hero IP of all time and completely ignore a demographic that you for years assumed wouldn't show up to support a film that represents then 101: What they are doing with the BP franchise. If the answer to honoring Chad is to kill T'Challa then Frak Feige and his words about honoring Chad's legacy. Also trying to put it on Coogler is also bullshit because they literally announced no Recast after less than 3 months after Chads passing. Which means they came to that conclusion before the announcement, which is even less time.

Do you honestly think Coogler or anybody was in the right state of mind to try and figure out the future of the BP franchise? Feige said it himself the first few WEEKS weren't about the movie. This should of been 6 months minimum before they started talking about the movie with the delay being atleast that same amount of time too. That's what gets me, it's taking advantage of grief and using a mans death to profit in the name of "honoring" him while also conveniently ignoring his message about opening doors for more than one Black person to exist in a space and setting up the successor to him. Which should of been a recast. Assuming this stuff is true of course

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I agree with a lot of what you said. Although for me personally, the supporting cast did not carry the movie. I’m way more of a fan for TChalla than even Killmonger who was a huge standout in the film. I also don’t think there will be a huge delay in the TChalla recast like most people. I think he’ll be back by BP 3.
    I think the fact that you, me, and everyone in this thread actually read BP comics makes us biased compared to people who don’t lol. We came into the movie excited to see T’Challa so naturally we are more interested and receptive to things he did. But as much as we joke about it, a lot of people thought Okoye throwing her wig was a highlight of the movie or that Shuri’s jokes carried the film. The supporting cast in BP was the strongest of any superhero film ever, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that for lots of people they were the ones that made the movie.

A recast is really just a wait and see thing. It could be BP3 (I think BP2 would need a Last Jedi reception for that to happen), it could be BP4 after Coogler leaves, or it could be never. If Coogler puts one of his director friends attached to his company on the D+ series and basically grooms them to be his successor, maybe we’ll have two directors back to back who don’t want to recast T’Challa. We could just as easily see a situation where the second Coogler leaves Feige starts casting T’Challa so he can make his debut in Avengers 6 before headlining BP4. It sucks we have to wait at all, but I’ve accepted all possibilities.