Page 599 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 99499549589595596597598599600601602603609649699 ... LastLast
Results 8,971 to 8,985 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    GOD OF WAR Star Christopher Judge Is The Voice Of Black Panther In MARVEL'S AVENGERS Expansion

This is weird but this just puts the nail in the coffin of T'challa ever coming back to me. A damn VOICE ACTOR didn't want to do it because he thought T'challa should be written out forever?

Games over folks. I guess I never realized how much people care about actors and connected with them. I just don't have that gene in me I guess.

Anyway, Evan's ideas sound solid, too bad the game sucks lol
    For all the BP/T'Challa fans:

T'Challa with mini braids

Astonishing Member

GOD OF WAR Star Christopher Judge Is The Voice Of Black Panther In MARVEL'S AVENGERS Expansion

This is weird but this just puts the nail in the coffin of T'challa ever coming back to me. A damn VOICE ACTOR didn't want to do it because he thought T'challa should be written out forever?

Games over folks. I guess I never realized how much people care about actors and connected with them. I just don't have that gene in me I guess.

Did you just conveniently ignore how right after he said he did it because his own momma and children said he should lol. If anything this shows that there’s still a lot of interest in T’Challa despite Boseman’s passing and that it’ll only get better as time moves on. If kids are out here basically saying “It’s ok dad, it’ll be fun for you, us, and the fans” a few months after Boseman died you can imagine what they’ll be saying in 3-5 years.

And it seems like he’s since changed his mind on the topic anyway. Judge took the leap of faith, put respect on Boseman’s name while doing his own thing with the character, what more can you ask from him? Some actors/voice actors won’t be bold enough to do it (especially with Boseman’s death being so recent), but I suspect there’s many people out there like him who after a period of hesitation would decide to portray or contribute to projects based around T’Challa. Narcisse didn’t seem to even hesitate, he embraced the chance to do a T’Challa story despite the weight of Boseman not being with us anymore.

Well if newcomers are too scared to play T’Challa in other mediums than just get James C. Mattis III from here on out since he’s been voicing T’Challa the longest.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Did you just conveniently ignore how right after he said he did it because his own momma and children said he should lol.
    No, I just chose to take the pessimistic viewpoint rather than the optimistic one.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    T'Challa with mini braids

They look good on him! And am I the only who thinks he looks a bit like John Boyega?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Well if newcomers are too scared to play T’Challa in other mediums than just get James C. Mattis III from here on out since he’s been voicing T’Challa the longest.
    I honestly don’t think the issue is whether there’s people out there who want to portray or write/direct T’Challa stories. Judge’s own comments show that there’s still a lot of interest in the character (his mom and kids) and you’ll always have small time creators like Narcisse who’ll be down to put something together.

The bigger question is if Disney the corporation wants to do anymore T’Challa stories or will he be phased out of all non-comic projects because he’s no longer in the MCU? The game kinda had no choice but to include him because he was being planned long before Boseman’s passing, but when Shuri becomes established as BP moving forward, where does that leave T’Challa in future Marvel games and animation?

If Marvel’s Avengers gets a reboot in 5 years will T’Challa be on the roster and ruling Wakanda or will Shuri to synch with the movies? If we get a new Young Justice-style animated universe will T’Challa even be there? Those seem like more legitimate worries than whether or not voice actors and creators will want to adapt T’Challa, clearly there are and they’ll be more comfortable doing so as we move further from Boseman’s passing.

Astonishing Member

No, I just chose to take the pessimistic viewpoint rather than the optimistic one.
    I gotcha, I just think that we saw something good though. We got kids and grandmas telling grown ass men it’s ok to play a fictional character even though the actor that popularized them just passed. The more distance we get from Boseman’s death the easier and more comfortable creators/actors will be with adapting the character IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I honestly don’t think the issue is whether there’s people out there who want to portray or write/direct T’Challa stories. Judge’s own comments show that there’s still a lot of interest in the character (his mom and kids) and you’ll always have small time creators like Narcisse who’ll be down to put something together.

The bigger question is if Disney the corporation wants to do anymore T’Challa stories or will he be phased out of all non-comic projects because he’s no longer in the MCU? The game kinda had no choice but to include him because he was being planned long before Boseman’s passing, but when Shuri becomes established as BP moving forward, where does that leave T’Challa in future Marvel games and animation?

If Marvel’s Avengers gets a reboot in 5 years will T’Challa be on the roster and ruling Wakanda or will Shuri to synch with the movies? If we get a new Young Justice-style animated universe will T’Challa even be there? Those seem like more legitimate worries than whether or not voice actors and creators will want to adapt T’Challa, clearly there are and they’ll be more comfortable doing so as we move further from Boseman’s passing.
    Personally I think it’s stupid for people to be scared of adapting a character for different mediums in the wake of an actors passing as insensitive as that sounds. Was anybody scared to voice the joker or do adaptations with the joker as the main antagonist in the wake of Heath Ledgers death? No.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

They look good on him! And am I the only who thinks he looks a bit like John Boyega?
    Asap Rocky and John Boeyga combined

Astonishing Member

Personally I think it’s stupid for people to be scared of adapting a character for different mediums in the wake of an actors passing as insensitive as that sounds. Was anybody scared to voice the joker or do adaptations with the joker as the main antagonist in the wake of Heath Ledgers death? No.
    DC got lucky with Joker. Mark Hamil had already played the character in animation so he didn’t have the same pressure on him to play Joker in 2009’s Arkham Asylum even though Ledger died in 2008. Plus he’d already been cast in the role I believe. Jeff Bennett’s Joker in Brave and the Bold already had the role before Ledger passed (show debuted the same year he died).

So T’Challa is kinda unique in that way, on top of the fact his only major adaptation was Boseman’s version in the MCU. We’ve been getting Jokers long before Ledger came on the scene. So I’m willing to cut Judge some slack about feeling like he’d be compared, for all intents and purposes he’s the most prominent version of T’Challa in the world right now and it’s coming off the heels of Boseman’s strong performance and tragic death. But clearly he accepted the opportunity because he knows his family (and many others like it) love the character and want to see more of him, so I’m not really seeing anything ominous on the horizon. Yet lol.

I hope James C. Mathis III doesn't feel this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope James C. Mathis III doesn't feel this way.
    And why should he? He’s been voicing T’Challa long before Boseman got cast.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

He does look like ASAP rocky. I've done some reading about the game and apparently the single player campaign and combat are good. If they tell a good single player BP story, imma give them their flowers

It's that's poisoned thinking that's being spouted by higher ups that's intimidating people. You know Damn well this was never a thing for Batman, Superman, Spider-Man, joker etc. People aren't going "Nah I can't compare with Heath Ledger, or Adam West or Christopher Reeves. Hell for VA I would never compare Judge to Chadwick anyways, you know who I would compare him to? James C Mathis III why? Because he to me is THE Priest of multimedia T'Challa. Just like I would compare other VA to Hamill's joker. That's not to say no one else can do it, but they gotta come correct it all.

Chadwick was the live action T'Challa. Always the GOAT but should never be the ONLY one. This is such a stupid mess that Disney has created by making people believe that no one can ever play these characters (well POCs, I'm sure they would recast other heroes of something happened) and to think otherwise is somehow an attack on their legacy. I'm glad his family talked some sense into him but cotdammit