Page 600 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 100500550590596597598599600601602603604610650700 ... LastLast
Results 8,986 to 9,000 of 15079

It's not Disney. It's Coogler. I'm just saying

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    And why should he? He’s been voicing T’Challa long before Boseman got cast.
    No offense to Judge, but I kind of wish he was voicing T'Challa in the game...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    If that is the case-Disney needs to remind Coolger who OWNS that property. If he does not want to do it-the line starts to the left of black directors who would NOT have an issue.

Michael B Jordan and Regina and Ava are just a phone call away. Heck Tyler Perry is a phone call away. Madea visiting Wakanda might get some extra money.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    They look good on him! And am I the only who thinks he looks a bit like John Boyega?
    He Kinda does lol.

Edit: Nah actually he does look more like ASAp Rocky lol

Honestly at first glance I was like "Nah I prefer the close cut. But now? Kinda growing on me and looks cool lol"

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I honestly don’t think the issue is whether there’s people out there who want to portray or write/direct T’Challa stories. Judge’s own comments show that there’s still a lot of interest in the character (his mom and kids) and you’ll always have small time creators like Narcisse who’ll be down to put something together.

The bigger question is if Disney the corporation wants to do anymore T’Challa stories or will he be phased out of all non-comic projects because he’s no longer in the MCU? The game kinda had no choice but to include him because he was being planned long before Boseman’s passing, but when Shuri becomes established as BP moving forward, where does that leave T’Challa in future Marvel games and animation?

If Marvel’s Avengers gets a reboot in 5 years will T’Challa be on the roster and ruling Wakanda or will Shuri to synch with the movies? If we get a new Young Justice-style animated universe will T’Challa even be there? Those seem like more legitimate worries than whether or not voice actors and creators will want to adapt T’Challa, clearly there are and they’ll be more comfortable doing so as we move further from Boseman’s passing.
    I'm still holding out hope because Shuri doesn't have shit to her name. MCU Shuri is basically a OC and the comics has nothing to adapt from. I'm guessing for the sequel they may try and adapt something of her brief fight with Namor but honestly, I think in time people will see that T'Challa having 50+ years of publication, tons of stories to adapt, and the historical relevance... I haven't quite given up yet that ALL common sense is completely lost...

What we really need right now, is for the younger generation to speak up. The kids need to be saying they want to see their king again on the big screen. That they just got a taste and aren't going to be satisfied with just that. #BringbackourKing
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 07-15-2021 at 10:16 AM.

I think they would feel the same as Coogler. They were all friends. It's weird if you listen to how chadwick talked about roles, it would be obvious that retiring the character wouldn't be something he'd want. But oh well, I get it.

I gave feige and the MCU some slack before but after feige's interview, it looks like they asked Coogler how to handle the situation

There's no proof of this. And you don't think There wasn't any sway to that? You don't think Disney could of been like "Hey y'all just lost a close friend. Take some time to grieve and let's pick this up in a few months"

Chad's family and Chad himself wanted the character to live on.
    Plus I have doubts about it because of what Feige had been saying.

Again thinking back to FF, they delayed the. Movie 9 months after learning of Paul's passing, despite having shot alot of scenes with him already. Yet Disney delays two months and that is including the whole rewriting of the script multiple times? Come-on now

Feige's recent interview was proof to me but you're right. It's not definitive.

I can empathize but t'challa will disappear from mainstream consciousness because of their decision and I won't be okay with that. Opportunities and appearances will shrink because at the end of the day, MCU characters get priority.
    Last edited by Pulp Fiction; 07-15-2021 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    No offense to Judge, but I kind of wish he was voicing T'Challa in the game...
    Mr. Mathis is the GOAT
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    If that is the case-Disney needs to remind Coolger who OWNS that property. If he does not want to do it-the line starts to the left of black directors who would NOT have an issue.

Michael B Jordan and Regina and Ava are just a phone call away. Heck Tyler Perry is a phone call away. Madea visiting Wakanda might get some extra money.
    Lol... yes, and ban yourself.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

I mean, Coogler hasn't said isht, Feige doesn't say more than "We'll make Chad proud" no one has said anything definitoo, Which makes me feel like they are using it as a marketing strategy "Come see the fate of T'Challa on Black Panther Wakanda Forever!" It's really really odd.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

I can empathize but t'challa will disappear from mainstream consciousness because of their decision and I won't be okay with that. Opportunities and appearances will shrink because at the end of the day, MCU characters get priority.
    I wont go that far. I still remain a Coogler fan. I will say he got off easy as well in terms of answering tough questions. They paint the picture as if they never entertained recasting. Its their right do whatever. However, they should at least explain the thought process. Just "showing more of the world of Wakanda" is just a poor way to sell the new movie.

Now I'm upset and conflicted all over again lol. We had good news. Judge was great in God of War and I look forward to Evan's story for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Mr. Mathis is the GOAT
    Agreed. He’s the Kevin Conroy to T’Challas Batman.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    He Kinda does lol.

Edit: Nah actually he does look more like ASAp Rocky lol

Honestly at first glance I was like "Nah I prefer the close cut. But now? Kinda growing on me and looks cool lol"

I'm still holding out hope because Shuri doesn't have shit to her name. MCU Shuri is basically a OC and the comics has nothing to adapt from. I'm guessing for the sequel they may try and adapt something of her brief fight with Namor but honestly, I think in time people will see that T'Challa having 50+ years of publication, tons of stories to adapt, and the historical relevance... I haven't quite given up yet that ALL common sense is completely lost...

What we really need right now, is for the younger generation to speak up. The kids need to be saying they want to see their king again on the big screen. That they just got a taste and aren't going to be satisfied with just that. #BringbackourKing
    The MCU don’t care about comic accuracy lol. They’ll end up adapting T’Challa’s stories and giving them to Shuri and the rest of the ensemble. Hardcore fans will loath it (and I suspect a lot of fans of Namor will be disappointed because there’s no way he’s written as strong or competently as he is in the comics without outshining every Wakandan). But casuals who see BP as just a mantle and the actual black characters behind the mask as interchangeable won’t care as long as they get the usual MCU quips and tricks. Whether the story is good or not remains to be seen.

I think they would feel the same as Coogler. They were all friends. It's weird if you listen to how chadwick talked about roles, it would be obvious that retiring the character wouldn't be something he'd want. But oh well, I get it.

I gave feige and the MCU some slack before but after feige's interview, it looks like they asked Coogler how to handle the situation
    It’s obvious Coogler took the lead on this. Feige’s not about to get in a behind the scenes clash with the black director who made the most profitable MCU movie by forcing him to recast after the death of one of the most prominent black actors of our time. The headline alone would obliterate his credibility and if Coogler left the film altogether that kills the sequel.

Feige got told by the higher ups “You need to make this movie on roughly the same schedule” and he promptly asked Coogler what direction he felt most comfortable with. All reports indicate that while Feige preferred to keep T’Challa in the MCU (and probably tried to convince Coogler to do the same) Coogler was still grieving and didn’t want to do that. Feige’s just playing the game, he has no choice but to stand behind the decision of the director and do his job by marketing it the best he can.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I wont go that far. I still remain a Coogler fan. I will say he got off easy as well in terms of answering tough questions. They paint the picture as if they never entertained recasting. Its their right do whatever. However, they should at least explain the thought process. Just "showing more of the world of Wakanda" is just a poor way to sell the new movie.
    And our right to NOT support the movie.

Screw the fake woke and the echo chamber who will march in here and lecture about being real fans.
    The same folks who called MBJ every coon under the sun but now scream Killmonger was right.

60 years EVERYONE had a chance to develop Wakanda beyond T'Challa. No use in starring now with Wakanda getting Katrina by Namor with a cameo by Kanye saying "Namor don't care about black people."