Page 601 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 101501551591597598599600601602603604605611651701 ... LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,015 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    And our right to NOT support the movie.

Bottom line right there.

Screw the fake woke and the echo chamber who will march in here and lecture about being real fans.
    The same folks who called MBJ every coon under the sun but now scream Killmonger was right.

60 years EVERYONE had a chance to develop Wakanda beyond T'Challa. No use in starring now with Wakanda getting Katrina by Namor with a cameo by Kanye saying "Namor don't care about black people."
    Co signed on all of this.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    Now I'm upset and conflicted all over again lol. We had good news. Judge was great in God of War and I look forward to Evan's story for the game.
    Cosigned, and as a Marvel fan, I also liked how Christopher Judge did Magneto's voice in X-Men: Evolution, so I'm hoping he brings at least some of that energy to his take on T'Challa/Black Panther. That said, not only have we made it past 600 pages . . . the total number of posts in this here thread . . . to beat a long-dead horse (or meme) even deader . . .

"It's OVER 9000!"
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Next on my list of comics I read was the first trade of space Wakanda and the first trade of Shuri. Both seem relevant now although neither will be directly what the MCU is doing.

For Black Panther, I was surprised at how little I liked Acuna's art the second time around. The first time I read it, it was the entire draw. Re-reading it, it was very confusing and hard to understand (still beautiful, though). Coates didn't just let the art breathe, he completely abdicated to the art. There were pages with practically no dialogue where something would have been useful. I actually thought the arc got stronger as it developed but was really confusing at first.

For the Shuri book, Okorafor did some of the Long Live the King story. I don't love her writing, which feels a bit on the nose. I did like the ties to continuity, though. I felt it tried too hard to bury the Djalia stuff, but it didn't completely abandon it so I'm curious where that will end up. I also didn't like the Iron Man cameo. I'm curious what will happen next, but for a book that seemingly explained how T'Challa ended up in space, it feels relatively non-essential. It also doesn't really explain the Intergalactic Empire.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Cosigned, and as a Marvel fan, I also liked how Christopher Judge did Magneto's voice in X-Men: Evolution, so I'm hoping he brings at least some of that energy to his take on T'Challa/Black Panther. That said, not only have we made it past 600 pages . . . the total number of posts in this here thread . . . to beat a long-dead horse (or meme) even deader . . .

"It's OVER 9000!"
    WHAT 9000?! THERES NO WAY THAT CAN BE RIGHT!

In all seriousness, I think Judge is going to knock it out of the park. Now all we need is a Black Panther game proper to be made after this. Oh and make it single player. The recently announced Guardians of the Galaxy game gives me hope that Crystal Dynamics learned from the mistakes of avengers.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post

In all seriousness, I think Judge is going to knock it out of the park. Now all we need is a Black Panther game proper to be made after this. Oh and make it single player. The recently announced Guardians of the Galaxy game gives me hope that Crystal Dynamics learned from the mistakes of avengers.
    Yeah, that would be be awesome to see.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post

Been clamouring for a BP video game since God knows when

Hopefully, it comes to fruition as there might be some light at the end of the tunnel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Next on my list of comics I read was the first trade of space Wakanda and the first trade of Shuri. Both seem relevant now although neither will be directly what the MCU is doing.

For Black Panther, I was surprised at how little I liked Acuna's art the second time around. The first time I read it, it was the entire draw. Re-reading it, it was very confusing and hard to understand (still beautiful, though). Coates didn't just let the art breathe, he completely abdicated to the art. There were pages with practically no dialogue where something would have been useful. I actually thought the arc got stronger as it developed but was really confusing at first.

For the Shuri book, Okorafor did some of the Long Live the King story. I don't love her writing, which feels a bit on the nose. I did like the ties to continuity, though. I felt it tried too hard to bury the Djalia stuff, but it didn't completely abandon it so I'm curious where that will end up. I also didn't like the Iron Man cameo. I'm curious what will happen next, but for a book that seemingly explained how T'Challa ended up in space, it feels relatively non-essential. It also doesn't really explain the Intergalactic Empire.
    I think in order to let the art do it's thing, you need to still give directions with detail's of what your wanting to portray. I still think Acunas art is the only saving grace though. Rereading through the arcs just continues to highlight how weak it is

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I’m still going to pay to see it. I laugh at people who criticize Lebron. Because when he’s gone they’re going to wish he was still here. And I think Lebron always taking the high road will greatly benefit his legacy in the long run. When I have a bigger voice than I have now, I will continue to give him praise.
    I'm a big time LeBron Fan the movie was just meh but I think the first Space jam was meh.

The J-man

Niffleheim

Too bad that there is going to be just one-shot story on the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda. How can any writer squander so much potential like it meant nothing?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I think in order to let the art do it's thing, you need to still give directions with detail's of what your wanting to portray. I still think Acunas art is the only saving grace though. Rereading through the arcs just continues to highlight how weak it is
    I remember it gets weaker as well. I'll confirm after I read the rest of the arc.

The one thing I did like about the first arc is it does feel more like a continuation of what came before than I remembered. I appreciated the Orishas being there since the last arc seemed to sort of spiral off the rails and forget about them.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Screw the fake woke and the echo chamber who will march in here and lecture about being real fans.
    The same folks who called MBJ every coon under the sun but now scream Killmonger was right.

60 years EVERYONE had a chance to develop Wakanda beyond T'Challa. No use in starring now with Wakanda getting Katrina by Namor with a cameo by Kanye saying "Namor don't care about black people."
    Wait, what were people calling MBJ a coon for?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Wait, what were people calling MBJ a coon for?
    He was allegedly dating a white woman and for a few years there was some bs gossip that he didn't like black women.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    He was allegedly dating a white woman and for a few years there was some bs gossip that he didn't like black women.
    They’ll inevitably turn on Letitia Wright again when they dig up those anti vaxxer tweets from late last year. Mark my words.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda