Page 606 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 106506556596602603604605606607608609610616656706 ... LastLast
Results 9,076 to 9,090 of 15079

I don't care about ANY of it. I fully expect that the new MK book (the source of my latest avatar) will tank eventually, but I might get a decent trade out of it.

I'm 52 years old. Various body parts don't work as well as they should, and I still have to drag myself out of bed at 6 AM every bloody weekday.

Honestly, I don't have the spoons to give a fork about whether a movie that isn't even due out until next year will be good or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I think it's partly the decompressed format - especially with his greater focus on letting the art breathe compared to previous stories, but there's just not a ton of information in each issue. Combined with the large time jumps, it feels like we jump from story to unrelated story at times. They're working on taking down the archive and suddenly they're hanging out with water people and it's like there's a huge amount of story we missed in between. The story is already entirely too long but it almost needed to be twice as long to do all the digressions justice.

I remember initially it felt good thta Coates wasn't overtalking each issue and letting Acuna do his thing

But then it got repetitive and the story never really flowed at all and it was really hard to tell who was who each issue... especially since everytihng single character except T'challa was "new"
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I mean does anyone really care about the franchise at this point in the MCU? Let's be real, all they have been saying is that they are going to "Honor Chadwick" they have changed the script 6 times, they ain't recasting, and though they couldn't be bothered to push it back due to Chad's passing, they also had zero issues sliding Wakanda from importance since Chad's gone and possibly even T'Challa.

If all that happens they would have essentially and effectively killed their biggest Solo IP due to greed and stupidity. Who. Cares. At. This. Point.

Anyways, if the game is good I hope they introduced handsome evil Indiana Jones klaw into the mythos. That would be pretty Cool and leads to unique concepts with him
    Like I said, I’ve grown numb to the MCU version. The only thing that’ll get me to care again is if they introduce a variant of T’Challa later on. At least it would be something. Other than that, I’m done caring.

Oh and co-signed on the younger looking Klaw.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I don't care about ANY of it. I fully expect that the new MK book (the source of my latest avatar) will tank eventually, but I might get a decent trade out of it.

I'm 52 years old. Various body parts don't work as well as they should, and I still have to drag myself out of bed at 6 AM every bloody weekday.

Honestly, I don't have the spoons to give a fork about whether a movie that isn't even due out until next year will be good or not.
    I just want so e positivity in here. I want to be excited to talk about BP again. The best time to be in this thread was 2018. . movie dropped, we Panther quest, we had rise. It was really good and a simpler time. When we could theorize what they were going to do with T'Challa in the sequel. Right now is t the worst time because we have been getting strong showings of T'Challa on Avengers, I Hulk, and elsewhere though out the 616. But it could of been so much further

I just want so e positivity in here. I want to be excited to talk about BP again. The best time to be in this thread was 2018. . movie dropped, we Panther quest, we had rise. It was really good and a simpler time. When we could theorize what they were going to do with T'Challa in the sequel. Right now is t the worst time because we have been getting strong showings of T'Challa on Avengers, I Hulk, and elsewhere though out the 616. But it could of been so much further
    Hopefully things will pick up when the expansion drops along with Ridleys run.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

I mean does anyone really care about the franchise at this point in the MCU? Let's be real, all they have been saying is that they are going to "Honor Chadwick" they have changed the script 6 times, they ain't recasting, and though they couldn't be bothered to push it back due to Chad's passing, they also had zero issues sliding Wakanda from importance since Chad's gone and possibly even T'Challa.

If all that happens they would have essentially and effectively killed their biggest Solo IP due to greed and stupidity. Who. Cares. At. This. Point.

Anyways, if the game is good I hope they introduced handsome evil Indiana Jones klaw into the mythos. That would be pretty Cool and leads to unique concepts with him
    MCU usually finds a way to impact the comics. If not now then the future. You should care.

MCU is creating the precedent that another character can be as big as T'Challa.

52? Interesting. I’m 26.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    MCU usually finds a way to impact the comics. If not now then the future. You should care.

MCU is creating the precedent that another character can be as big as T'Challa.
    Yeah that worked real well for BP...

The only thing that came from the MCU that stuck was Okoye. Shuri won't overtake T'Challa. Marvel has already moved Wakanda into a back burner status. I'm sure that Wakanda will be featured through out the MCU in name drops or whatever but I have Zero concern that Shuri is going to be as big as T'Challa. Because of they do t finish his story and try to hamfist Shuri into the mantle it's going to be so inorganic and throw everything off to the point people aren't going to be that hyped.

Here's the deal, right now Feige and Marvel are banking on people seeing the sequel to find out T'Challas fate and they hope that their "honorable send-off" will create enough waves to make the movie successful. But time is working against them. The more time that passes with Chad gone, the more people start saying why TF are they going to remove T'Challa instead of recast him?

It appears right now that they are banking on black people to financially support Black death under the guise of honoring Chad... Who was very vocal and advocating for more Black people to exist in a space and all about T'Challa outliving us all. And frankly I think it's going to blow up in their face

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

The problem is (and I know I've done a complete 180 cause I defended it when it happened) the black community wasnt loud enough back in Dec when Feige said no recast.

We saw how the Sonic movie got delayed because people were outraged at the design. Obviously death is different and by Marvel moving along it made it tough for fans still grieving to process their decision.

E-mans made a great point yesterday as well. He said Feige is trying to pass it off to just Coogler/Nate Moore when we know Feige has final decision. IF a backlash/disappointment occurs then all should be getting a share of the blame.

Marvel has a messed-up way of honoring Chad.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    The problem is (and I know I've done a complete 180 cause I defended it when it happened) the black community wasnt loud enough back in Dec when Feige said no recast.

We saw how the Sonic movie got delayed because people were outraged at the design. Obviously death is different and by Marvel moving along it made it tough for fans still grieving to process their decision.

E-mans made a great point yesterday as well. He said Feige is trying to pass it off to just Coogler/Nate Moore when we know Feige has final decision. IF a backlash/disappointment occurs then all should be getting a share of the blame.

Marvel has a messed-up way of honoring Chad.
    Feige’s options are to either fire the guy that wrote and directed the most successful MCU solo film or do his best to accommodate a story direction he most likely disagrees with. Naturally that includes making sure it’s known Coogler and the cast were the main ones pushing for no recast, so in the event (however unlikely) the film fails to deliver, his personal brand is protected.

I don’t think he deserves any blame since it’s readily apparent from the statements of some cast members like Kaluuya and Basset that the cast and Coogler were the ones against a recast. Feige at the end of the day neither wrote the script or is directly responsible for the massive story changes that will happen in WF. That falls squarely at the feet of Coogler and his helpers.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Feige’s options are to either fire the guy that wrote and directed the most successful MCU solo film or do his best to accommodate a story direction he most likely disagrees with. Naturally that includes making sure it’s known Coogler and the cast were the main ones pushing for no recast, so in the event (however unlikely) the film fails to deliver, his personal brand is protected.

I don’t think he deserves any blame since it’s readily apparent from the statements of some cast members like Kaluuya and Basset that the cast and Coogler were the ones against a recast. Feige at the end of the day neither wrote the script or is directly responsible for the massive story changes that will happen in WF. That falls squarely at the feet of Coogler and his helpers.
    The thing to look for is the audience reactions. Because if this thing ends up becoming another Last Jedi, we’re likely to see some changes regarding T’Challa. Normally I would say it’s safe in terms of box office but now I’m having doubts about that because of all these Covid variants popping up.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Astonishing Member

There's an odd backlash in the literary world over the term, where some writers (including "Pal Of Coates" Nnedi Okorafor) reject the term Afrofuturism in favor of Africanfuturism.

I can only assume it's a slipstream/magical realism situation, where writers reject a popular label in order to sound more "literary". Honestly, I don't understand it.
    I don’t necessarily think it’s born out a desire to be more literary, but more trying to position herself as a kind of trailblazer when Okorafor isn’t really one. Coining terms and acting as though your works are spearheading some distinct movement in the world of sci-fi is good marketing and publicity I guess.

That said, there is a conversation to be had about how much “Africanness” a story needs to have in order for it to be considered Afrofuturism. Africanfuturism is an attempt (whether that’s the intention or not) to navigate those waters. Is any sci-fi with an African-descended lead/characters Afrofuturism? In which case I guess Falcon and Winter Soldier is one of the first major Afrofuturist TV show lol.

Or is Afrofuturism only about African characters in some kind of futuristic African (or African-inspired) setting? So therefore a story about an future where black Americans carve out their own kingdom in the South is not Afrofuturist. Where does that even leave the African diaspora in Latin America, the Caribbean, and Europe? Maybe more terms would be useful, but they can just as easily be divisive and exclusionary.
    Last edited by chief12d; 07-17-2021 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    Shuri being BP is leagues better and more organic idea than creating a whole new female character from scratch. People already know and like Shuri and it building upon an already established character. You don't have to spend time trying to endear audiences to the character because that mountain has already been climbed in the first film.
    Meh, MCU Shuri is a whole new female character from scratch. Just have the new female tell a joke or two and the audience wont care who it is. BTW This is the 4th time Ive heard this rumor about a new characrer and one of them was from Feigie himself.
    Last edited by Ekie; 07-17-2021 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    The fact the QDJ is one of my least favorite characters in the mythos, to the point i've actively hated onthe character, she coudl be "invented" as BP, would simply be so nuts it would be hilarious.

If it isn't T'challa, I don't care anyway, #teamNamor

Anyway

It is really too bad the Avengers game bombed so hard because the BP expansion seems like everyone involved is saying all the right things
    Indont know why Marvel keeps doing this.
    New Panther contect but having it be anchored to what was already a crappy project.

Black Panther Panther's Quest FIRE buuuuuut its actually season 5 of a crappy avengers cartoon everyone hates rather than the start of its own thing

Want a Black Panther video game since the solo movie outgrossed every hero ever? Here, how about an expansion to an already dead game.

Why why why
    Last edited by Ekie; 07-17-2021 at 01:33 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    The thing to look for is the audience reactions. Because if this thing ends up becoming another Last Jedi, we’re likely to see some changes regarding T’Challa. Normally I would say it’s safe in terms of box office but now I’m having doubts about that because of all these Covid variants popping up.
    Who knows. I mean we talk about how black folks weren’t loud enough about a recast but if you look outside Twitter and Reddit most black online spaces I’ve come across seem to be in favor of one. Twitter promotes a particular type of black person as the norm (iykyk lol) and they’re the loudest in the room but they rarely represent the majority opinion of our community.

Maybe BP2 ends up being a situation where Disney misread the room and a large part of the audience gets turned off. Maybe that’s when they finally get vocal lol. Alternatively, the standards could so low that as long as the film incorporates meta commentary about how sad we are about Boseman/T’Challa dying people will rate it the best MCU movie lol.