Page 608 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 108508558598604605606607608609610611612618658708 ... LastLast
Results 9,106 to 9,120 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    If Marvel made an announcement today that Yahya Abdul-Mateen will be the new T'Challa, I can guarantee you that 90-90% of these people wouldn't have a problem with it and would probably generate more hype as people will be eager to see Yahya's portrayal of T'Challa.
    Yahya would be a solid choice for a successor to Chadwick. Too bad he’s already playing Black Manta. Come to think of it, two of my preferred choices for a recast are over at DC (the other being Aldis Hodge).
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

People reacting to ‘Falcon and The Winter Soldier’ where pretty darn excited every time the Dora showed up. There’ll be plenty of hype for BP2 when some legit news and a trailer comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Well the good thing is Marvel always plans for reshoots and can course correct. I read that Jonathan Majors wasnt originally intended to be in the Loki finale. However, they shifted things in order to fit him.
    Not true. It was always planned to end that way:

"It was always our North star," Loki executive producer and director Kate Herron told EW Friday morning, two days after the chaos-creating finale arrived on the streamer. "What happened [between] when they met him and when the multiverse was born was still on the table, that's something obviously me, the writers, Michael [Waldron, the head writer], and the studio discussed and worked on.... I think honestly, for me and the writing team, we were just like, 'Okay, we'll just keep assuming we're going to get to introduce him until we're not allowed to.'"

https://ew.com/tv/loki-kate-herron-j...n-majors-kang/

I'm going to be blunt: Unless I see first-hand information from Feige or Coogler themselves, I am disregarding every rumor, "scoop", and "revelation" about BP2, no matter what the source. I'm certainly not going to get worked out over what people think will happen. I'm tired of people grabbing onto a scrap of data, extrapolating a worst-case scenario, and treating it as gospel truth.

Has it never occurred to anyone that if they are recasting, they might just want to keep it a surprise?

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Yep.

In a weird way the fact that BP2 (and I hate its come to this) is the least hyped MCU movie of 2022 helps. Yes, even the The Marvels is a tad more interesting cause it features Monica Rambeau.

An actor of that caliber would actually GENERATE hype (obviously not him tho since he's currently filming Aquaman 2). The conversation is so off BP2 that it would catch less negativity than it would have 10 months ago.
    Just reveal him in a post-credit scene in BP 2 and that's all. No need for him to be in the entire film since he will be filming for Aquaman 2

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Yahya would be a solid choice for a successor to Chadwick. Too bad he’s already playing Black Manta. Come to think of it, two of my preferred choices for a recast are over at DC (the other being Aldis Hodge).
    Idris Elba is playing both Heimdall in Love & Thunder (apparently it's still a rumour) and Bloodsport in The Suicide Squad so there is still a possibility

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I'm going to be blunt: Unless I see first-hand information from Feige or Coogler themselves, I am disregarding every rumor, "scoop", and "revelation" about BP2, no matter what the source. I'm certainly not going to get worked out over what people think will happen. I'm tired of people grabbing onto a scrap of data, extrapolating a worst-case scenario, and treating it as gospel truth.

Has it never occurred to anyone that if they are recasting, they might just want to keep it a surprise?
    For real. Until I see Fiege or Coogler say it, it's not worth paying attention to.

Last I knew, the official word was that they're not recasting and I'm gonna assume that's still the case until the Studio makes an announcement to the contrary.

At least we're getting Ridley on the next run, and the Wakanda expansion for the Avengers game is looking pretty good.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

That’s being rather optimistic. I just want them to just tell us if they’re killing him or not already (and given the reports of the United Nations scene being sad, it’s looking like the former). Oh well, variant or bust.
    They ain't going to do that. Ots part of their marketing scheme "What's the fate of T'Challa? 10 theories that could happen to the King in Wakanda forever" it will be just like all those snoke and who's Reys parents theories.

They are being tight lipped and keep saying that they are going to honor Chad. And I just don't see them revealing it until the movie. Otherwise they would of said something by now

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Idris Elba is playing both Heimdall in Love & Thunder (apparently it's still a rumour) and Bloodsport in The Suicide Squad so there is still a possibility
    Heimdall was a waste of Idris’ talent. If I were Feige I’d try and do a repeat of what happened with Gemma Chan and have him play a role that make better use of his acting chops (Blue Marvel anyone?).
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

At one point she literally says the following:

An example:

Afrofuturism: Wakanda builds its first outpost in Oakland, CA, USA.
    Africanfuturism: Wakanda builds its first outpost in a neighboring African country.

I got nothing.
    Lol. Right? Like that's not even an example. Wakanda itself is afrofuturism/ Africanfuturism or whatever. It just sounds like she is trying to coin some new word that will basically just be forgotten or cause exclusions and useless division

Not true. It was always planned to end that way:

"It was always our North star," Loki executive producer and director Kate Herron told EW Friday morning, two days after the chaos-creating finale arrived on the streamer. "What happened [between] when they met him and when the multiverse was born was still on the table, that's something obviously me, the writers, Michael [Waldron, the head writer], and the studio discussed and worked on.... I think honestly, for me and the writing team, we were just like, 'Okay, we'll just keep assuming we're going to get to introduce him until we're not allowed to.'"

https://ew.com/tv/loki-kate-herron-j...n-majors-kang/

Well they already said they aren't recasting Chad's T'Challa. So even if they go multiverse it's still not following the story of Chad's T'Challa and legacy. I know some are saying it's better than nothing and of it came down to it it's better that not, however, I want to see where OUR T'Challa was going to go and grow into the GOAT BP of all time. Plus multiverse route just asks the question... Why? Why jump through hoops when you can just recast

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Heimdall was a waste of Idris’ talent. If I were Feige I’d try and do a repeat of what happened with Gemma Chan and have him play a role that make better use of his acting chops (Blue Marvel anyone?).
    Heh. I'll do that and just recast Sterling K Brown as T'Challa. But yea we're in limbo right now and its draining.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Well they already said they aren't recasting Chad's T'Challa. So even if they go multiverse it's still not following the story of Chad's T'Challa and legacy. I know some are saying it's better than nothing and of it came down to it it's better that not, however, I want to see where OUR T'Challa was going to go and grow into the GOAT BP of all time. Plus multiverse route just asks the question... Why? Why jump through hoops when you can just recast
    I’d like to see the story of OUR T’Challa continue as well. As for jumping through hoops, well partially it’s because I’m at a point where I want T’Challa to be in the MCU by any means necessary. Another reason is that I think a variant is the more realistic way of having T’Challa stick around since it’s looking likely that Boseman’s T’Challa will get killed off if those reports of the movie not taking place during the blip are true. Add in that Disney didn’t bother pushing this movie back and Coogler along with the cast are still grieving and are having emotions cloud their judgement, I think a variant may very well be T’Challas last chance.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Speaking of which, what did people think of T'Challa in this movie?
    One of the worst the BP and Wakanda adaptations ever, it’s an unfans dream, BP weak/trash/nerfed, BP supporting characters wack/lame characters created for flim ( probably cause the writers didn’t care) & Wakanda weak/trash/nerfed. It’s more of a flim to showcase CapAm & Thor

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    What did T'Challa do in the Ultimate Universe? I remember the crap origin and the sparring with Cap and that Cap pretended to be him so that he could escape. That's about it. Was it T'Challa or Steve that fought Venom?
    He became Kazar & She Devil mute sidekick/lackey & borderline pet.

Ultimate Member

The MOMENT the embargo on reviews and spoilers are out-the surprise ends.

The MOMENT it opens in countries that are hours ahead of us-the surprise ends.

Then again when we see MERCH-we will know for sure because no way you leave a T'Challa figure in wave 2. Amazon lists stuff way in advance like they just did with Miles's next trade in 2021 spoiling who would be in it.

The cast list on imdb will give it away. Flags will be raised if someone like John Washington or Jessie Usher is listed playing random Wakandan.

Now if they decided to go WAYYYY out there with a lesser know like Eli Goree, Arjay Smith, Algee Smith or Khary Payton-they could get away with it.