Page 63 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163563 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    That's great and for those that want to support the movie for whatever reasons it's their choice. Just like it's our choice for those who do not choose to watch a Black Panther movie without T'Challa.

It's gotta be more than just "come see Wakanda" for me to want to watch this movie without T'Challa no matter the plot, supporting characters, costume designs or musical score.
    And that's all that really needs to be said on the issue. I don't care for the mental gymnastics of folks trying to convince me that the movie side of this company isn't aligning to gut the Legacy of T'Challa THE Black Panther, and shoot in something inferior. If it ain't T'Challa, it ain't Black Panther, and therefore consists of pointless masturbational fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The main draw is Black Panther...and to a lesser degree but still important, the world and characters that were built up around him. In that regard, it could become an ensemble movie. (As with the comics...I love T'Challa/Black Panther but I also love the Wakandan world and peoples around him, probably just as much and why I want to see much more development and exploration of it/them under the new writer and yes, in the new movie).
    So it's not as though it will be a total wash if they were to focus on the other aspects and characters of the movie.
    As mentioned before...some of us do go to and enjoy movies for much more than the lead actor. And a lot of us who went to see the movie more than once and bought the Blu Ray actually loved the world of Wakanda and how it was presented on film.

I get the uncertainty and the disappointment but...we still have absolutely no definitive clue as to what Coogler and Disney will end up putting on the screen and any decisions they make are entirely out of our hands.
    Its a shame that Feige, Disney and /or Coogler don't care about all the Black Panther plus 1 material. I have yet to see one single project as a TV/streaming series where any aspect of what they call rich variety of characters could be explored, or even built up. There can high tech action, dramatic lifestyle, fantasy/history elements. Disney has the resources to do almost anything at this point. No my friend they do care about this thing like us fans do.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Yes. A positive and thrilling all black cast and crew putting out QUALITY in a major budget film is exhausting to support.
    I mean, you were posting negative stuff about BP when everyone loved it. Now you are all in supporting it when people might not love BP2. Keep on doing whatever makes you happy bub.

Let me order up Loki series tho.
    Loki looks pretty good and looks like it might introduce KANG, who i've been wanting for years now.

So I will, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Should be good!
    YEP!
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I mean, you were posting negative stuff about BP when everyone loved it. Now you are all in supporting it when people might not love BP2. Keep on doing whatever makes you happy bub.

Loki looks pretty good and looks like it might introduce KANG, who i've been wanting for years now.

So I will, thanks!

YEP!
    You're confusing critiquing the film with the importance of the film. Just cause some of the negative reaction to the film upset me doesnt negate my understanding of its importance.

Ryan will likely be directing a movie with the budget of 250 to 300 million dollars. There is more at play here.

Also if they just totally scrapped T'Challa outta nowhere. Of course I'd get the frustration. Chadwick died, people are grieving and the money man said lets keep it moving. So that has my support. It took time for me....but it now has it.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Its a shame that Feige, Disney and /or Coogler don't care about all the Black Panther plus 1 material. I have yet to see one single project as a TV/streaming series where any aspect of what they call rich variety of characters could be explored, or even built up. There can high tech action, dramatic lifestyle, fantasy/history elements. Disney has the resources to do almost anything at this point. No my friend they do care about this thing like us fans do.
    I mean this is pretty true, of they actually cared they would of put out a Wakanda D+ series. I mean they have a hawkeye and iron patriot series coming but nothing for BP... Biggest Solo hero of all time can't get a series but they will 100% use the sequel to explore Wakanda while sidelining the main character, but people will defend and reason it away like their life depended on it Crazy times we live in

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I mean this is pretty true, of they actually cared they would of put out a Wakanda D+ series. I mean they have a hawkeye and iron patriot series coming but nothing for BP... Biggest Solo hero of all time can't get a series but they will 100% use the sequel to explore Wakanda while sidelining the main character, but people will defend and reason it away like their life depended on it Crazy times we live in
    Interestingly enough, the only thing Black Panther related on Disney+ is relegated in What If...? episodes with T'Challa and Killmonger respectively and thus, do not further the franchise storywise (as far as I know).

Right the what if story that turns Chadwick Boseman into Star-Lord LOL I forgot all about that. Maybe we'll actually get some backstory about t'challa there

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Well yall are going to love this-something that LOL BLeeding Cool mentioned as they were promoting a DC project with a writer linked to Black Panther.

That was the first time I heard of that project and a quick google search tossed out this and PLEASE read all of them-

https://www.ign.com/articles/black-p...el-titan-books

Published by Titan Books in collaboration with Marvel, Black Panther: Tales of Wakanda - A Ground-Breaking Anthology From the African Diaspora features no fewer than 18 short stories set in the world of Wakanda.

Tales of Wakanda is edited by historian and journalist Jesse J. Holland, who also wrote the novelization of Black Panther: Who Is Black Panther. The authors contributing to the book include Nikki Giovanni, Sheree Renée Thomas, Tananarive Due, Caldwell Turnbull, Suyi Davies Okungbowa and Christopher Chambers. Titan teases these stories will focus on T'Challa himself as well as familiar supporting characters like Shuri, Okoye and the Dora Milaje.

Black Panther: Tales of Wakanda is 480 pages and is priced at $25.95. The book will be released on February 2, 2021, timed to the start of Black History Month in the US.This book release should help tide over fans eager for the release of Black Panther 2.

Production on Black Panther 2 is expected to begin in July 2021, with Letitia Wright's Shuri expected to play a larger role this time around.
    https://www.commercialappeal.com/sto...rs/6493949002/

The most celebrated contributor to the book is Nikki Giovanni, 77, the poet and activist known as "The Poet of the Black Revolution" for her Black Power-inspired writings of the 1960s and '70s.
    https://www.reinlesen.de/97817890956...es-of-wakanda/

A ground-breaking anthology celebrating Marvel’s beloved Black Panther and his home of Wakanda, penned by an all-star cast of authors such as Sheree Renée Thomas and Nikki Giovanni.

T'Challa faces the gods of his parents. Vampires stalk Shuri and a Dora Milaje in voodoo-laced New Orleans. Erik Killmonger grapples with racism, Russian spies, and his own origins. Eighteen brand-new tales of Wakanda, its people, and its legacy.

The first mainstream superhero of African descent, the Black Panther has attracted readers of all races and colors who see in the King of Wakanda reflections of themselves. Storytellers from across the African Diaspora some already literary legends, others who are rising stars have created for this collection original works inspired by the world of the Panther and its inhabitants. With guest stars including Storm, Monica Rambeau, Namor, and Jericho Drumm, these are stories of yesterday and today, of science and magic, of faith and love.
    4 writers are from Memphis Tenn area.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Yes, Black Panther made all of them global stars. The only one who could claim otherwise would be possibly Lupita. But even she wasnt known in places like Japan/China/ect. U.S. famous sure but nothing like post Black Panther. Coogler wasnt even Marvels first choice and definitely wasnt a household name and Boseman is being remembered as a fictional character he didnt create rather than a talented actor who aced muliple different historical black figures in movies. Nothing bad about giving credit where its due. The franchise is the biggest thing all of them have done including MBJ who outside of Creed was Jonny Storm....remember that?
    Plenty of folks remember him as Johnny Storm because of the backlash and movement to end his career over it and that was the MAIN reason IMDB shutdown the message boards.
    Aside from that folks knew him from Friday Night Lights tv show and All My Children.

Interesting that this movie made a billion and won 3 Oscars yet how many of the cast had movies that went to a THEATER aside from Lupita? Boseman's last 4-5 are on Netflix. Pretty much everyone got gigs on streaming shows or a tv show.
    Even Star Wars last 3 films made bil*******Daisy is begging for work and Boyega told off Disney.

Medea (and every other Perry film really) while entertaining for some, is basically fruit that has already dropped off the tree and waiting for anyone to just pass and pick it up.
    Madea movies say this to Hollywood-"you can't say black movies don't make money." Like Kevin Hart movies-they do. Unlike Ben Stiller and plenty of WHITE guys who get films (despite FLOPS) don't need the overseas market to do so.

Yet they still use China as an excuse to not greenlight films with us as leads. Excluding Fantastic Four-Jordan doesn't have a collection of flops. Fruitville did not show everywhere-I has to go to another city to see it and there was only 20 of us and 3 were black. White folks had labtops and looked like they were doing essays on the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Well yall are going to love this-something that LOL BLeeding Cool mentioned as they were promoting a DC project with a writer linked to Black Panther.

That was the first time I heard of that project and a quick google search tossed out this and PLEASE read all of them-

https://www.ign.com/articles/black-p...el-titan-books

https://www.commercialappeal.com/sto...rs/6493949002/

https://www.reinlesen.de/97817890956...es-of-wakanda/

4 writers are from Memphis Tenn area.
    I am going to be optimistic so long as its not MCU stuff

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I am going to be optimistic so long as its not MCU stuff
    It is interesting the company that does Dr Who comics is publishing this. Especially since that company is in UK.

T'Challa vs Phoenix here we go!
    The J-man

Incredible Member

I have a feeling BP2 is going to take place during the snap/blip. As much as MS/Disney have and want to immortalise Chadwick, I don't believe they're going to have T'Challa sit out the MCU from here on out. I think they'll get through BP2 without T'Challa, setting the film during the 5 years without Wakanda's King and then recast the role for the 3rd film.

The premise of Wakanda dealing with the blip/snap and losing their king sounds like the sort of setup Coogler would love to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    I have a feeling BP2 is going to take place during the snap/blip. As much as MS/Disney have and want to immortalise Chadwick, I don't believe they're going to have T'Challa sit out the MCU from here on out. I think they'll get through BP2 without T'Challa, setting the film during the 5 years without Wakanda's King and then recast the role for the 3rd film.

The premise of Wakanda dealing with the blip/snap and losing their king sounds like the sort of setup Coogler would love to tell.
    That’s what I’m hoping for. But that’ll require a major retooling of the script, which Coogler spent more than a year working on. Plus you have to keep in mind the script was already locked in with T’Challa in mind and everyone was ready to get to work this summer before cancer went and screwed everything up in the worst way.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    T'Challa vs Phoenix here we go!
    Whatchu talking bout? Avengers?