Page 640 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 140540590630636637638639640641642643644650690740 ... LastLast
Results 9,586 to 9,600 of 15079
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Please...Doom was trying to drop shade and acting all "we're equals now but..." and fell way short because Storm wasn't entertaining that mess nor his scheming ass.

I Love Viktor...but please...after the history he's had with Storm (I see Ewing acknowledges the Doombot retcon) he really should know better than try to play Storm for a fool.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Doom threw major shade on T'Challa in SWORD #7. But Storm was written well. *rolls eyes*

*sighs*

This is the ash whooping I want Ridley to give.
    Issue 1 Beat dooms ass
    Issue 2 Beat Namors ass

Goat run

My problem with the empire is that it takes away from the threat Wakanda itself presents.

Its too powerful and when earth is inevitably invaded again is Wakanda supposed to call for help? Plus the help is overwhelmingly strong. It really complicates things.

If space Wakanda > Regular Wakanda then whats the need for regular Wakanda?

Welp August is right around the corner. Let’s hope avengers knocks it out of the park.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

My favorite thing about Marvel Monarchy is that being a king or queen is always a big deal. It is always a power move, a step up, a reason to brag.

Unless you are T'challa. And then it is just a burden that weighs the character down.

Fun times. Has he even been referred to as EMPEROR T'challa outside his book yet? Or is this empire just going to be one more thing to weigh him down with?

There needs to be more masculinity in the BP mythos.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Since I have no intention of watching this movie, I will not be fazed by any development unless it is the return of T'Challa.
    I must learn the way of the Marvell2100

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    My problem with the empire is that it takes away from the threat Wakanda itself presents.

Its too powerful and when earth is inevitably invaded again is Wakanda supposed to call for help? Plus the help is overwhelmingly strong. It really complicates things.

Space Wakanda has only been around for a couple of months..."Regular" Wakanda has been doing great shyt since inception. The newer one surely doesn't make the more established one obsolete. Why would it?
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    My favorite thing about Marvel Monarchy is that being a king or queen is always a big deal. It is always a power move, a step up, a reason to brag.

Unless you are T'challa. And then it is just a burden that weighs the character down.

Fun times. Has he even been referred to as EMPEROR T'challa outside his book yet? Or is this empire just going to be one more thing to weigh him down with?

I agree that the solo of late has been severely lacking. Coates really emasculated T'Challa and wrote him on some sucker **** Roy Thomas, and every x writer would be proud of. However, one good thing has been outside his book T'Challa has been written like the Boss he is and it's saved us from a time of pure misery, where every time comics drop you simply cringe at what he is going to be punked at next.

If the Empire doesn't lead to any great cosmic stories or flexes then it can just get ignored or if it leads to more shade throwing and No One Man on a intergalactic scale then I say burn it down.

Astonishing Member

Nobody calls T’Challa emperor because his main tag line is king lol. He could own 10 galaxies and he’ll always be just a royal superhero who handles stuff primarily on Earth. The only way to establish his cosmic ruler credentials is to go all in on the concept of T’Challa as a space-based character, which for obvious reasons Marvel won’t do. That’s why space empire is more of a hindrance and annoyance than an organic story beat/part of the mythos.

And a straight black male being allowed to have self-respect, agency, and solid feats at Marvel? You crazy lol. The only character who gets that is Miles, everyone knows Black Panther is really about a depressed, petulant neophyte ruler who can’t function without his toxic ex at his side and who needs to be handheld by every random black hero in the Marvel Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Welp August is right around the corner. Let’s hope avengers knocks it out of the park.
    Now I remember that we were supposed to get issue 1 of Ridley's run next month before the delay. Here's to hoping that War For Wakanda turns out to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post

The empire should only be brought up when there are major cosmic stories like the Last Annihilation. I don't think it will take away from BP anymore than having the X-Men colonize Mars will hurt them.

Regular Wakanda wouldn't need IGEW around because there's just too much other isht going on in space and in other galaxies that IGEW could be involved in..

I must learn the way of the Marvell2100

Right now, I have a serious detachment to BP2. I don't want the movie to fail, I just don't care enough about it anymore.

We know Feige will bring back T'Challa at some point and that's when I'll get interested again.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    The empire should only be brought up when there are major cosmic stories like the Last Annihilation. I don't think it will take away from BP anymore than having the X-Men colonize Mars will hurt them.

Regular Wakanda wouldn't need IGEW around because there's just too much other isht going on in space and in other galaxies that IGEW could be involved in..
    Yea that’s probably what’ll end up happening with it anyway. Ridley/Ewing just need to assign a “face” to the concept and have them be the one overseeing the empire while T’Challa’s on earth doing his thing as king of Wakanda Prime. I think it’s unrealistic to expect IGEW to permeate the BP mythos to the extent it becomes synonymous with Wakanda Prime or becomes as relevant to the main MU. But I could see it getting shine every now and then if someone can iron out key elements of it. Who’s in charge, how big is it, maybe what’s being done with the vibranium/how the slaves are being given their reparations, these are kinda big questions we need answers to if it’s going to be a worthwhile concept.

So, I've been playing MUA3 with my two kids (6 and 9).

9 year olds favorite character is Spider-Man (Parker).

You get Spider-Man really early in the game. But... you then get Miles soon after.

9 year old now plays with Miles exclusively because his powers are cooler and he likes his costume. Now Miles is his favorite character. (kids are fickle).

6 year old was playing with Hulk but switched to "Scratchy" aka Wolverine. Because he thinks he's cooler.

This is the power of video games and branding and why keeping Black Panther as a late game addition and DLC and other bullshit (like not being in commercials) is a F'ing fail. You have to build the brand early and often.