Page 660 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 160560610650656657658659660661662663664670710760 ... LastLast
Results 9,886 to 9,900 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Honestly, I don't know, Coates picked the wrong time to stop being super wordy.

Tetu is dead is how I read it because the spear magically has explosion ability this time? I don't know man lol... Tetu got hit by it in season 1 and was just fine. tHis time he catches on fire.

I read it as Zenzi's body has been taken over by Bast.

Zenzi's arc in Coates story really doesn't make any sense and I honestly don't understand it. Felt like Coates wanted to do something tragic with her but forgot about her halfway through his run.

From memory...

- she was going to be killed by Killmonger's forces after he died in Hudlin's but her powers stopped it.

- She ends up joining with Tetu to start an uprising to end the monarchy because... I'm not sure really? What is her beef with T'challa? Her beef is with Killmonger or his forces no?

- See's The PEople are losing, so she joins up with Hydra???? Nazis? Why?

- Ends up joining up with EmpSymbiote and Tetu to... ressurrect Killmonger? Her seemingly mortal enemy? Why?

- Ends up working with Bast low key to... kill Killmonger? The person she just ressurrected? Again... why

This doesn't make any sense.
    This, none of it makes any sense at all I wouldn't even call Zenzi a victim because her sad story is told in no crew and still doesn't explain her beef at all, basically her reasoning was thin just like Tetu and the MA, yet she was rewarded with being Basts Avatar for... Killing Wakandans??

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    DiscussingFilm
    @DiscussingFilm
    ‘BLACK PANTHER’ has become the 12th film to join the One Million Watched Club on
    @Letterboxd
    What is this exactly?

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    James Gunn really knocked it out of the park on The Suicide Squad. And it’s good that a DC movie managed to make full use of Idris Elias talent.
    He did. Idris crushed it. Would love to see him and Will's Smith Deadshot in a movie together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Yep. I saw this over a week ago and he was awesome in it. He would have been great as T'Challa instead of Heimdall to but the idea of making a BP movie then was not on the table at that time.
    Yea...timing is crazy cause he would been stellar as well. Technically Gemma Chan is played MCU characters. So if they wanted to they could recast him as a T'Challa. However, MCU is too big to care at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    What is this exactly?
    Letterboxd is one of the popular film grading/sharing opinion sites. So for a social networking site to have a million log that they watched BP is huge. Probably doesnt account for all the people created fake usernames to hate on the film tho lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    He did. Idris crushed it. Would love to see him and Will's Smith Deadshot in a movie together.

Yea...timing is crazy cause he would been stellar as well. Technically Gemma Chan is played MCU characters. So if they wanted to they could recast him as a T'Challa. However, MCU is too big to care at the moment.

Letterboxd is one of the popular film grading/sharing opinion sites. So for a social networking site to have a million log that they watched BP is huge. Probably doesnt account for all the people created fake usernames to hate on the film tho lol.
    Idris would’ve made a perfect T’Challa if they made Black Panther in phase one. But unfortunately that ship has sailed and I think he’s a tad bit old for the role now IMO. Personally if they were to recast (variant) I’d prefer they get someone young like Damson Idris or Sope Dirisu.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Idris would’ve made a perfect T’Challa if they made Black Panther in phase one. But unfortunately that ship has sailed and I think he’s a tad bit old for the role now IMO. Personally if they were to recast (variant) I’d prefer they get someone young like Damson Idris or Sope Dirisu.
    Oh for sure. Just was saying if they did cast him in Phase One then fans would be ok if they decided to pass the torch now. Because we would have got a decade of T'Challa. I agree with a younger actor as well. Imo Doctor Strange 2 is the film to look out for. If they dont stop the multiverse in that movie then its possible they could still do variant T'Challa later. If they do....man Idk.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadey View Post
    He looks like Zion Williamson lol.
    If Zion actually slimmed down lol

James Gunn really knocked it out of the park on The Suicide Squad. And it’s good that a DC movie managed to make full use of Idris Elbas talent.
    I just wish he'd tone down the juvenile humor (in this and GoG) but judging from his old tweets, it is just part of his DNA lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

When it comes to public awareness, t'challa's intelligence might as well not even exist. As bad as Coates is, he didn't do something as damaging as that.

Bruh didn't even get buffed in a different area to compensate for the nerf. He's just a lesser person now for nothing

"why is black panther hanging out with all these geniuses? Are they tutoring him?"
    Last edited by Pulp Fiction; 08-07-2021 at 05:22 AM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Zenzi's arc in Coates story really doesn't make any sense and I honestly don't understand it. Felt like Coates wanted to do something tragic with her but forgot about her halfway through his run.

From memory...

- she was going to be killed by Killmonger's forces after he died in Hudlin's but her powers stopped it.

- She ends up joining with Tetu to start an uprising to end the monarchy because... I'm not sure really? What is her beef with T'challa? Her beef is with Killmonger or his forces no?
    I'm not terribly opposed to this just because she's Nigandan and generally would dislike Wakanda. I would agree, unlike Tetu, she doesn't have any real motivation besides venting against the world.

- See's The PEople are losing, so she joins up with Hydra???? Nazis? Why?
    Actually, wouldn't she technically do this first. I think The Crew is a prequel to One Nation Under Our Feet because it shows how T'Challa's allies ended up together. I don't think Zeke Stane is Hydra but, for some reason, I thought it was all connected. Maybe that has to do with how racist the Strucker children are (and, I guess, the fact that they are the Strucker children).

- Ends up joining up with EmpSymbiote and Tetu to... ressurrect Killmonger? Her seemingly mortal enemy? Why?

- Ends up working with Bast low key to... kill Killmonger? The person she just ressurrected? Again... why
    Honestly, I wondered if that was a retcon (like he realized his mistake after he wrote it). I think there's a couple possible explanations:

- She thought N'Jadaka's personality would triumph and was indifferent to using Killmonger's body but when she saw that Killmonger was equally in control, she decided to turn to Bast instead.
    -She was already working with Bast and this was part of Bast's plan (there's no reason for her to work with Bast at that point so this is less ideal an answer).

To add to your list of things that don't make a ton of sense - a Nigandan becomes the host of Bast at the end.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I'm not terribly opposed to this just because she's Nigandan and generally would dislike Wakanda. I would agree, unlike Tetu, she doesn't have any real motivation besides venting against the world.

Actually, wouldn't she technically do this first. I think The Crew is a prequel to One Nation Under Our Feet because it shows how T'Challa's allies ended up together. I don't think Zeke Stane is Hydra but, for some reason, I thought it was all connected. Maybe that has to do with how racist the Strucker children are (and, I guess, the fact that they are the Strucker children).
    But her thing with Tetu was going against oppressors but she has sided with Nazis multiple times. Simply doesn't make since.

Honestly, I wondered if that was a retcon (like he realized his mistake after he wrote it). I think there's a couple possible explanations:

- She thought N'Jadaka's personality would triumph and was indifferent to using Killmonger's body but when she saw that Killmonger was equally in control, she decided to turn to Bast instead.
    -She was already working with Bast and this was part of Bast's plan (there's no reason for her to work with Bast at that point so this is less ideal an answer).
    Let's say we assume that she believed that it wouldn't be the real Killmonger in control. She and Tetu wanted to get rid of the monarchy and wanted the people to have power but they both decide to align with an emperor with a massive slave trade in multiple galaxies. So basically Nazis and slave owning space conquerors are fine but T'Challa bad? It's clear that Coates didn't have a plan for these two.

To add to your list of things that don't make a ton of sense - a Nigandan becomes the host of Bast at the end.
    Yeah this made zero sense. A Nigandan that has done nothing but attacked Wakanda and helped Nazis takeover Wakanda during SE becomes Wakanda's new Bast?

I honestly think Coates had ideas in his head that would make for a "epic" comic run but had no actual idea how to make it work on page.

Remember in Season 1 when he did those youtube videos after the issue came out? And he would explain what was going on but none of that was actually on the comic page?

Dude was just a comic and fiction newb.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post

Exactly, she has no motivation for why she is doing what she is doing at all, on BP crew she is working with hydra, which let's say it was a prequel to Coates S1. Even on her mini origin she at the end she met Tetu. So both of them were working with hydra.
    She works with whomever until they are losing then she bounces, which would be fine for a villain... Of Coates did t have her go on and on about how she is for the freedom of people and That's why she hates T'Challa (She really has zero reason to) so when she worked with hydra to turn make the people in new York violent.. made no sense.

As for working with N'Jadaka. It couldn't be that she thought his personality would triumph. Quiet frankly in her eyes it shouldn't even matter WHICH kilmonger won out because she hated both. Space Erik for being an emperor who's enslaved entire galaxies, and 616 Erik because of what he did to her and that he is continuing what space Erik started.

Also it couldn't be that she was working with bast because kid Bast came to her and convinced her to work with her. Which she wouldn't have to do of they were already cohort's, which still doesn't answer why Bast would ever work with someone who is allied with the guy who stole her powers in the first place.

Also those being retcons just reinforces the idea that Coates couldn't even follow his own continuity and made a jumbled mess.

Ots like MoS said, it's very clear that Coates didn't have any true story plan outside his first season and even then that story has a bunch of holes. Coates should of been allowed only his first story (that's pushing it) then they should of let RJ take the reigns

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post

Ots like MoS said, it's very clear that Coates didn't have any true story plan outside his first season and even then that story has a bunch of holes. Coates should of been allowed only his first story (that's pushing it) then they should of let RJ take the reigns
    It also wouldn't be too surprising that once editorial started making changes, that Coates didn't have enough comic writing background to roll with the punche and make it make sense.

Like, it seems rather obvious he was forced to bring Okoye back and forced to bring the MA back under T'challa to some extent (wakanda salute yall). Combine that with maybe being forced to use Klaw... and it started to make things nonsensical.

A veteran would be somewhat used to meddling and could roll with the punches. Coates couldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    When it comes to public awareness, t'challa's intelligence might as well not even exist. As bad as Coates is, he didn't do something as damaging as that.

Bruh didn't even get buffed in a different area to compensate for the nerf. He's just a lesser person now for nothing

"why is black panther hanging out with all these geniuses? Are they tutoring him?"
    Its quite sad

It also wouldn't be too surprising that once editorial started making changes, that Coates didn't have enough comic writing background to roll with the punche and make it make sense.

Like, it seems rather obvious he was forced to bring Okoye back and forced to bring the MA back under T'challa to some extent (wakanda salute yall). Combine that with maybe being forced to use Klaw... and it started to make things nonsensical.

A veteran would be somewhat used to meddling and could roll with the punches. Coates couldn't.
    I would say the klaw inclusion wasn't too bad, it was the whole djalia and reparations bullshittery that was the big issue with S2, and the fact that he kept padding issues with the same sequence over and over and dragging the story out, because he probably realized he didn't have 5 years worth of story and really barely had 1.

Yeah Okoye and the WK forever for the MA was obviously forced in. But maybe if Coates actually told some good engaging stories editorial night not of stepped in to save him so hard

If Zion actually slimmed down lol

I just wish he'd tone down the juvenile humor (in this and GoG) but judging from his old tweets, it is just part of his DNA lol
    The humor was kinda trash. I like the setpieces and how he weaved certain things together tho.