Page 662 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 162562612652658659660661662663664665666672712762 ... LastLast
Results 9,916 to 9,930 of 15079

Yeah I have no idea who Bloodsport is in the comics, but he was cool in the movie. Of course, that could have been just Idris being cool lol. Also of course... seems a lot like Will Smith Deadshot lol.

Movie was about 20 minutes too long in the middle and some of the potty humor wasn't my thing and I felt Waller was... nerfed a touch but overall worth my time.

I wish there would be a more serious take on SS one of these days but doesn't seem in the cards.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Yeah I have no idea who Bloodsport is in the comics, but he was cool in the movie. Of course, that could have been just Idris being cool lol. Also of course... seems a lot like Will Smith Deadshot lol.

Movie was about 20 minutes too long in the middle and some of the potty humor wasn't my thing and I felt Waller was... nerfed a touch but overall worth my time.

I wish there would be a more serious take on SS one of these days but doesn't seem in the cards.
    The irony is that James Gunn wrote the role with Deadshot in my mind. Will Smith said he's willing to return for the next one so dont recast. Instead of overhauling the script they just tweaked it by having Idris be Bloodsport (sporting a different outfit).

AyerCut is our best chance at seeing a more serious SS. However, Ayer is so hit or miss there' no guarantee his version was good either.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I am sure stockholders of 2K2 are ENJOYING the WWE. Lost out on one game and the new has folks quitting because Vince is firing everybody.

And sooner than later those upset fans don't come back.
    This is off topic, but Vince isn't a young man anymore.

Some have speculated that he is likely shedding big contracts of talent he no longer has use for so the WWE would look more appealing as a property to get bought out by a Disney or Amazon so he can cash out and retire even richer than he already is.

He might not get any takers though. Lots of Corporate types still look down on Wrestling.

The poor suckers who have to develop WWE 2K2 are just caught in the middle of all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    This is off topic, but Vince isn't a young man anymore.

Some have speculated that he is likely shedding big contracts of talent he no longer has use for so the WWE would look more appealing as a property to get bought out by a Disney or Amazon so he can cash out and retire even richer than he already is.

He might not get any takers though. Lots of Corporate types still look down on Wrestling.

The poor suckers who have to develop WWE 2K2 are just caught in the middle of all that.
    I read something the other day that implied VKM doesn't really have much to do with the daily operations anymore. It's this other guy, Nick Khan, who is running the show these days.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I read something the other day that implied VKM doesn't really have much to do with the daily operations anymore. It's this other guy, Nick Khan, who is running the show these days.
    Vince has the FINAL say. They are not hurting for money. Yet what Khan is doing is HURTING WWE business partners-2k2 and Mattel.

While 2K2 has is easier in terms of removing folks. You just end up delaying the game and if this keeps on going-you won't have a game for Christmas season. With Covid kicking back up in states like Texas-you are about to miss out on some money.

Mattel can't undo already made figures. Especially those of new folks. Who are already having issues with Jurassic Park, Barbie and some Marvel figures-including the new Black Panther toy.

Yeah I have no idea who Bloodsport is in the comics, but he was cool in the movie
    Bloodsport was a Nam draft dodger and his brother went in his place and got crippled. He was actually DEAD in comics trying to escape prison. He also went insane at one point.

Here is how silly the comic book market is.

I got his first appearance for 25 cents. On the RUMOR he was going to be in that movie-that book STARTED at $30-now it's 600 in some areas.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Vince has the FINAL say. They are not hurting for money. Yet what Khan is doing is HURTING WWE business partners-2k2 and Mattel.

While 2K2 has is easier in terms of removing folks. You just end up delaying the game and if this keeps on going-you won't have a game for Christmas season. With Covid kicking back up in states like Texas-you are about to miss out on some money.

Mattel can't undo already made figures. Especially those of new folks. Who are already having issues with Jurassic Park, Barbie and some Marvel figures-including the new Black Panther toy.

Bloodsport was a Nam draft dodger and his brother went in his place and got crippled. He was actually DEAD in comics trying to escape prison. He also went insane at one point.

Here is how silly the comic book market is.

I got his first appearance for 25 cents. On the RUMOR he was going to be in that movie-that book STARTED at $30-now it's 600 in some areas.
    Yeah, that does sound silly as f***, though I would pin it more on the comic book speculator market than the comic book market as a whole.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Marvel's Avengers
    @PlayAvengers
    Say it with us: Wakanda Forever!
    https://twitter.com/PlayAvengers/sta...99892401115154

I will say that the suit looks great at night. I'm guessing he's at necropolis.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    https://twitter.com/PlayAvengers/sta...99892401115154

I will say that the suit looks great at night. I'm guessing he's at necropolis.
    As exhausted as I am of the phrase Wakanda forever, I am so excited to play it in 8 days

I think stories that takes place in wakanda should try mythical and supernatural threats. Perhaps they have beef with Bast.

T'challa won't have to be scaled down to struggle with human goons. The new villains would have new motives and they can go wild with the designs for the villains

For technological threats, a buffed Klaw and Kiber the cruel.

Achebe could be his riddler/joker as the psychological threat.

Princess Zanda his catwoman with stories involving powerful artifacts and globetrotting like Indiana Jones

But I'd still like to see new mythical threats because of Bast since that's an unexplored avenue with potential. To be honest, I saw mangog and thought his design looked really cool.
    Last edited by Pulp Fiction; 08-10-2021 at 02:01 AM.

The intergalactic empire is kinda too big but its salvageable with world building like Saga or something Hickman would write like East of West, using multiple characters and viewpoints to serve a story. It would have to be a separate book tho

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    For technological threats, a buffed Klaw and Kiber the cruel.

Achebe could be his riddler/joker as the psychological threat.

Princess Zanda his catwoman with stories involving powerful artifacts and globetrotting like Indiana Jones

But I'd still like to see new mythical threats because of Bast since that's an unexplored avenue with potential. To be honest, I saw mangog and thought his design looked really cool.
    Mythical threats are a must. Plus it could help shine a light on some African mythical creatures since they’re not as well known as western ones like centaurs or minotaurs.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    The intergalactic empire is kinda too big but its salvageable with world building like Saga or something Hickman would write like East of West, using multiple characters and viewpoints to serve a story. It would have to be a separate book tho
    I disagree. MoS had famously said he would sacrifice 10000 Wakandan redshirts of it meant T'Challa getting huge feat? I would sacrifice the entire IGEW for a giant ultimate feat for T'Challa. IGEW is trash on how it came to be and will always have that stain on T'Challas mythos and thus will be "His fault" It completely goes against everything T'Challa stands for and what Wakanda is supposed to be. Torn it to the ground and let T'Challa actually form his own done the right way

As T'Challa and Erik have famously said:

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Mythical threats are a must. Plus it could help shine a light on some African mythical creatures since they’re not as well known as western ones like centaurs or minotaurs.
    In the BP anthology book one of the stories built on the idea that Bast had children who are meant to be the true inheritors of Wakandan leadership. They used a made up god who grew up thinking they were a regular mortal but in the comics they could easily play with preexisting Egyptian mythology and introduce someone like Nefertem, god of fragrances and the lotus flower.

You could depict him as some jealous, vengeful god who felt that Wakanda was meant to be his place to rule for eternity on Earth but his mother, knowing his cruel and irresponsible nature, banished him. He’d spend the next few thousand years whoring his way across space-time and adopting a life of nonstop party until he’s tricked into returning back to Earth by Achebe, the mystical chaos-bringing trickster. Maybe he’s reminded of how much he wanted Wakanda to be his or he sees how the people of Wakanda are having doubts about Bast and he wants to stake his claim.

Eventually, Achebe can convince/manipulate Nefeterm into launching a rebellion against his mother and thus bringing discord to Wakanda itself as different tribes take different stances and the divine war bleeds out into the mortal plane. Nefertem can have a special hatred in his heart for the Black Panther dynasty, maybe Bast initially banished him by having one of the previous BPs defeat him or he simply hates that his role as ruler of Wakanda is occupied by a line of filthy humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I disagree. MoS had famously said he would sacrifice 10000 Wakandan redshirts of it meant T'Challa getting huge feat? I would sacrifice the entire IGEW for a giant ultimate feat for T'Challa. IGEW is trash on how it came to be and will always have that stain on T'Challas mythos and thus will be "His fault" It completely goes against everything T'Challa stands for and what Wakanda is supposed to be. Torn it to the ground and let T'Challa actually form his own done the right way

As T'Challa and Erik have famously said:

Millions of IGEW inhabitants?

All I see is millions of redshirts to be sacrificed at the altar of T'challa.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    In the BP anthology book one of the stories built on the idea that Bast had children who are meant to be the true inheritors of Wakandan leadership. They used a made up god who grew up thinking they were a regular mortal but in the comics they could easily play with preexisting Egyptian mythology and introduce someone like Nefertem, god of fragrances and the lotus flower.

You could depict him as some jealous, vengeful god who felt that Wakanda was meant to be his place to rule for eternity on Earth but his mother, knowing his cruel and irresponsible nature, banished him. He’d spend the next few thousand years whoring his way across space-time and adopting a life of nonstop party until he’s tricked into returning back to Earth by Achebe, the mystical chaos-bringing trickster. Maybe he’s reminded of how much he wanted Wakanda to be his or he sees how the people of Wakanda are having doubts about Bast and he wants to stake his claim.

Eventually, Achebe can convince/manipulate Nefeterm into launching a rebellion against his mother and thus bringing discord to Wakanda itself as different tribes take different stances and the divine war bleeds out into the mortal plane. Nefertem can have a special hatred in his heart for the Black Panther dynasty, maybe Bast initially banished him by having one of the previous BPs defeat him or he simply hates that his role as ruler of Wakanda is occupied by a line of filthy humans.

I thought that the Killmonger mini might lead to that God, who obviously isn't liked in Wakanda or by Bast, showing up eventually.

Instead that cool concept got ignored. Fun times.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html