Page 663 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 163563613653659660661662663664665666667673713763 ... LastLast
Results 9,931 to 9,945 of 15079

You know, I’ve been thinking that maybe we could have a spin off that takes a slice of life approach. The premise it would have is that it would show how Wakanda adjusts to being connected with the rest of the world ever since T’Challa opened it up, like how the Wakandans would feel about the possibility of tourism or have an Olympic team.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Hickman probably leaving the X books does not feel me with joy... just because I would somewhat trust him not to F over this "wakanda won't bow to Krokoa" thing. I don't trust the others (look what happened with Aya or whatever her name is)
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I would bet everything I own that the Xmen writers are itching to make wakanda accept their drugs and stolen metal. Hopefully Hickman left guidelines lmao.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Millions of IGEW inhabitants?

All I see is millions of redshirts to be sacrificed at the altar of T'challa.

I thought that the Killmonger mini might lead to that God, who obviously isn't liked in Wakanda or by Bast, showing up eventually.

Instead that cool concept got ignored. Fun times.
    That Killmonger mini was definitely more of a MCU tie-in than anything. Seeing as how the Shuri book at least tried to keep some sense of relation to what Coates was doing I can only imagine that Marvel realized what Coates had planned for N’Jadaka was so vastly different from what people expect out the character they just decided to do a prequel that was MCU-adjacent.

Otherwise we could’ve seen Coates marketed as one of the guys who worked on/advised on the mini and some of the concepts it introduced would’ve been referenced in the main book. But I agree that leopard goddess was a really cool idea and I hope that when Killmonger comes back it gets referenced.

Hickman probably leaving the X books does not feel me with joy... just because I would somewhat trust him not to F over this "wakanda won't bow to Krokoa" thing. I don't trust the others (look what happened with Aya or whatever her name is)
    Ayala doesn’t have the juice like Hickman to make another franchise bow to any book she writes lol. She can’t even get her books to sell. Hickman leaving the X-books just depreciates the relevance of the line as a whole and gives them less influence when it comes to their interactions with other franchises. Even before he left he couldn’t stop Slott from completely excising Franklin Richards from the X-Men narrative, what hope does a C-list writer like Ayala have at forcing Wakanda to accept mutant drugs or have Storm fight T’Challa?

Hickman leaving can only be a good thing since I’m pretty convinced he was probably the one who wanted to use Wakanda in the first place and I don’t expect Ewing to do too much with them anyway. I don’t even think SWORD has much longer going by those abysmal sales. Maybe 10-12 more issues. So we could be looking at an X-office in the future that just doesn’t work with the BP office at all. Assuming the BP office isn’t obsessively trying to incorporate Storm into the book and work out some kind of arrangement, they have every opportunity to tell stories with zero input from X-writers and for Wakanda to stay the hell out of the X-Men’s mouths.
    Last edited by chief12d; 08-10-2021 at 07:38 AM.

T'challa not interacting with the X cult at all after the Ridley issue would be for the best

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    T'challa not interacting with the X cult at all after the Ridley issue would be for the best
    I’m HOPING that’s the case but you never know and generally speaking the worst outcome for BP fans ends up being the outcome lol. I would prefer if Ridley’s goal is to do some housekeeping and establish his version of T’Challa. Set out clearly and finally what Wakanda-Krakoa relations are looking like, the status of the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda, and where T’Challa stands with Storm.

If he can do all that while showing him putting kingdom before woman and manipulating/beating up some X-Men for an issue I think we’re good. If this is setting up T’Challa to be a puppy to his ex and making the BP title some X-adjacent series then I guess we can expect another lost half decade of Black Panther. I trust Ridley though, but like with the KIB tie-in I’m getting tired of everything important about T’Challa tying to another franchise, especially one as toxic as Storm/X-Men.

Incredible Member

Reviews of What If? just dropped. Kinda hesitant to read them for fear of spoilers and hearing things I don't like lol. I hope they did well by T'Challa.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    I would bet everything I own that the Xmen writers are itching to make wakanda accept their drugs and stolen metal. Hopefully Hickman left guidelines lmao.
    With Hickman he probably left tons of text material.

Likely nobody understands what the eff any of it means but Hickman.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    Reviews of What If? just dropped. Kinda hesitant to read them for fear of spoilers and hearing things I don't like lol. I hope they did well by T'Challa.
    I've watched a few reviews....seems kinda safe.

Millions of IGEW inhabitants?

All I see is millions of redshirts to be sacrificed at the altar of T'challa.

I thought that the Killmonger mini might lead to that God, who obviously isn't liked in Wakanda or by Bast, showing up eventually.

Instead that cool concept got ignored. Fun times.
    My regret is that it took so long for me to realize the truth and genius behind your words. Ultimately Wakanda is a prop for T'Challa, it's whole reasoning for existing is to make him look good. Now I don't want Wakanda entirely to be sacrificed like Hickman did, as it ended up hurting more than it helped. But SWaD? RJs KiB? With some Wakandans getting the business but see T'Challa whoop all ass and standing victorious with a shining Wakanda behind him? Hell ya.

IGEW is different. That whole thing can get torched and burned to the ground whole T'Challa comes in whooping all ass and standing victorious with a shining Wakanda behind him, and him setting to rebuild the IGEW the right way. That's the dream

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I've watched a few reviews....seems kinda safe.
    Anything positive regarding the T'Challa/BP centric episode(s)?

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    That Killmonger mini was definitely more of a MCU tie-in than anything. Seeing as how the Shuri book at least tried to keep some sense of relation to what Coates was doing I can only imagine that Marvel realized what Coates had planned for N’Jadaka was so vastly different from what people expect out the character they just decided to do a prequel that was MCU-adjacent.

Otherwise we could’ve seen Coates marketed as one of the guys who worked on/advised on the mini and some of the concepts it introduced would’ve been referenced in the main book. But I agree that leopard goddess was a really cool idea and I hope that when Killmonger comes back it gets referenced.

Ayala doesn’t have the juice like Hickman to make another franchise bow to any book she writes lol. She can’t even get her books to sell. Hickman leaving the X-books just depreciates the relevance of the line as a whole and gives them less influence when it comes to their interactions with other franchises. Even before he left he couldn’t stop Slott from completely excising Franklin Richards from the X-Men narrative, what hope does a C-list writer like Ayala have at forcing Wakanda to accept mutant drugs or have Storm fight T’Challa?

Hickman leaving can only be a good thing since I’m pretty convinced he was probably the one who wanted to use Wakanda in the first place and I don’t expect Ewing to do too much with them anyway. I don’t even think SWORD has much longer going by those abysmal sales. Maybe 10-12 more issues. So we could be looking at an X-office in the future that just doesn’t work with the BP office at all. Assuming the BP office isn’t obsessively trying to incorporate Storm into the book and work out some kind of arrangement, they have every opportunity to tell stories with zero input from X-writers and for Wakanda to stay the hell out of the X-Men’s mouths.
    I just want Storm to be put behind him. In the past where she belongs, he can be cordial with her and once every 10 years or so work with her, but let that past die, kill it if you have to

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    I've seen one particular spoiler regarding his episode that I didn't expect.

spoilers:
    Thanos renounced his evil ways and becomes a Ravager. Since T'Challa is the leader of the group in their universe he's technically the boss of Thanos.
    end of spoilers

Looks like they adapted Flags of Our Fathers mixed with Klaue's family background from WitBP for the game. Really digging T'Challa's look in the art style and it looks like they changed how T'Chaka. Seems like T'Challa and Shuri might not be that close. Like Azzuri's habit.

I hope T'challa has the Hickman suit with the lion on the shoulder. PETA be damned