Page 687 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 187587637677683684685686687688689690691697737787 ... LastLast
Results 10,291 to 10,305 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Like the oscars.
    None of this is a surprise.
    When asked if marvel would do anything to honor the anniversary of Bosemans passing Feigie stuttered and then said "every day that WakandaForever films honors Chadwick."

They will bury him and the character eventually for profit
    Yeah I remember that interview... That was... Bad. Very clear they weren't going to do shit and are only "Caring" when they can use it to profit.

Sorry I'll stop again

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    sadly, it is just weird to have a BP story that is just...

Fun lol

It is refreshing
    Indeed. While I can enjoy those stories that use Black Panther as a concept and character to address the legacy of colonialism and the scars it's left on the African diaspora, What If? ep. 2 was definitely fun and I'd like to see more stories in that vein, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

BP 2 will be ambitious that's for sure maybe even more so that Dr. Strange 2. So at least now it guarantees that Iron Heart will be in either this Young Avengers or Champions that Marvel is leading up too.

What If was very dope, I really liked the tribute to Chad

Last Annihilation will be very dope guarantee that, there shouldn't be a problem with M'Baku's mask it looks very similar to the one MCU M'Baku had when he fought T'Challa at the Falls.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    You ain't wrong. It was a nice to see a possible LI that isn't you know who. Compared to NuNakia and T'Challa in What if I definitely believed that T'Challa and Nebula had something going on at some point compared to the former where we only see T'Challa reject Nakia's advances.
    The chemistry between the whole cast of EP 2 was on point. Djimon and Chad talking from one BP to another was fun. The chemistry with nebula and Cha Cha was great. This was just a great EP with good comedy that didn't come off as juvenile.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    You can’t convince me that he and Nebula didn’t get their freak on at some point. Lol.
    If that "Hey Cha Cha" is any indication T'Challa definitely spent more than one night sneaking on and off the Sanctuary II lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    The chemistry between the whole cast of EP 2 was on point. Djimon and Chad talking from one BP to another was fun. The chemistry with nebula and Cha Cha was great. This was just a great EP with good comedy that didn't come off as juvenile.
    After rewatching it, Djimon definitely had the most fun. I didn't expect to enjoy the episode as much as I did but I'm glad that it exceeded my expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by C_haos View Post
    BP 2 will be ambitious that's for sure maybe even more so that Dr. Strange 2. So at least now it guarantees that Iron Heart will be in either this Young Avengers or Champions that Marvel is leading up too.

What If was very dope, I really liked the tribute to Chad

Last Annihilation will be very dope guarantee that, there shouldn't be a problem with M'Baku's mask it looks very similar to the one MCU M'Baku had when he fought T'Challa at the Falls.
    But IGEW M'Baku isn't 616 M'Baku. He was never the man ape. It's as dumb as Coates killing is space N'Jadaka and replacing him with 616 Erik.. yet having Erik react to seeing space N'Jadakas daughter even though they have no blood relationship. He doesn't even know her.

You can't just fuse characters together just because they share the same name

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

I'd watch an entire series of Star T'Challa. Just dont know why Marvel would deny fans that as well. I love the meta quality of Djimon playing someone who is a T'Challa fanboy.

Here's why T'Challa is known as Star-Lord
    And before someone on Twitter tells me that Star-Lord was the nickname that Peter Quill’s mom gave to him, the reason he’s called Star Lord is that we were guessing that Yondu knew that Star-Lord was also the nickname of Ego. That [Meredith Quill] called Peter Star-Lord because she knew Ego was not human. And so that’s how the word was in the ether that Yondu was aware of it and he started calling Peter almost as a fun joke. And then it kind of just kept going, and T’Challa doesn’t like the title. Because he’s just a regular guy trying to do good. He’s not royalty, as far as he knows.
    https://discussingfilm.net/2021/08/1...mpression=true

Also T'Challa was 9 when he was taken meaning by time BP takes place in 2016 he's 37 making him much older than I thought.

37?! Damn now I’m wondering how old Ramonda was when Shuri was born because that’s quite a big gap between her and T’Challa.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    37?! Damn now I’m wondering how old Ramonda was when Shuri was born because that’s quite a big gap between her and T’Challa.
    Ramonda would have to have been in her lates 30s or early 40s when she had Shuri.
    Last edited by KingNomarch; 08-19-2021 at 08:13 PM.

Is it even really M'Baku without some form of the gorilla gimmick?

I think it's Pretty weird that they are tying space M'Baku to man ape when they are literally not the same character at all. They simply share the same name.
    I was fine with space Nakia, but Coates just had to go and stupidly kill her off.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member

Regarding Ironheart, I would wager her inclusion is probably due to the delays the pandemic put on her own series and Armour Wars, and I guess Shuri will be mentoring her if RDJ is proving truculent re holo-Tony

Quote Originally Posted by C_haos View Post

MCU M'baku outright worships Haruman though, it makes since.

NuM'baku ain't ever seen a Gorilla in his whole life lol

Instead of enriching the mythos by having character evolve and change... they threw out real M'baku for reasons, brought in this new character from space with the same name, and then changed him into something he shouldn't be just to fill the space of the character they threw out.

It is creatively lazy writing.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Indeed. While I can enjoy those stories that use Black Panther as a concept and character to address the legacy of colonialism and the scars it's left on the African diaspora, What If? ep. 2 was definitely fun and I'd like to see more stories in that vein, too.
    There are so few popular black characters that they continually get used to talk about real black issues instead of just used to tell fun stories.

So, you get Luke Cage always on some Hood shit, you get black Cap talking about globalism, and BP worrying about refugees and king shit lol.

and sometimes, i'd rather Luke Cage just throw a semi truck or something man. Which is why when he is with Iron Fist, the stories end up more fun instead of hood shit.

Of course, now in the MCU, it seems to be moving on to more "fun stuff" aka fighitng a super powered fish dude, but he's dead so enjoy Shuri.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html