Page 693 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 193593643683689690691692693694695696697703743793 ... LastLast
Results 10,381 to 10,395 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post

zanda & the king
    Zanda really should come back and updated to be more like the one from BP's Quest.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Cant lie. Im etching towards having to see a great trailer. Not there yet, but man. I'd almost feel better if they just flat out said its no longer a Black Panther movie. Its just a side story. They just make it clear its just following the other characters then its fine. And I know Feige has said something similar, but they are still using Black Panther. And they wont scrap that cause their shareholders want that $$$.
    Those shareholders are going to be out for blood in that case.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Predator shows up to save this movie.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Still wondering why Ridleys run got delayed.
    Probably it's the artist assigned. Its almost always an artist issue.

Unless you get that one writer in ten who had all his stuff in one computer and it's hard drive dies, so he has start from scratch.

I think Warren Ellis lost 6 issues of a 12 issue mini that way.
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 08-21-2021 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Zanda really should come back and updated to be more like the one from BP's Quest.
    Honestly the .ore o think about it, under RJs series T'Challa and Zanda would make a badass power couple

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Gonna explore that World of Wakanda man. That world of Wakanda that is so rich, they don't even need T'challa...

by filming scenes in MIT and incorporating Ironheart.......

So, check it

- T'challa's send off of some sort
    - MIT with Ironheart
    - Atlantis

... when is that rich World of Wakanda gonna fit in lol?

Truth is, they are going all in on black girl magic and hoping it is enough to get that same buzz BP1 got and make them enough money to offset not having T'challa.
    The scene already looks recycled from the Seoul chase in the first film. We probably gonna get Panther riding on top of the car, maybe RiRi suiting up for the audience to get hyped.etc

This is on Coogler. RiRi is probably something he lobbied at Feige and Kevin thought it was a good idea considering the character has a solo series coming up and could use the promotion. This film, at least on paper, currently has too many elements to juggle and account for, and I don't see how you can incorporate it all in 2+ hrs and give it all enough time to breathe. I'm getting Spider-man 3 vibes lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Honestly the .ore o think about it, under RJs series T'Challa and Zanda would make a badass power couple
    Co-signed. But at the same time having a shape shifter as a femme fatale in T’Challas rogues gallery seems like too good of an opportunity to pass up.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    The scene already looks recycled from the Seoul chase in the first film. We probably gonna get Panther riding on top of the car, maybe RiRi suiting up for the audience to get hyped.etc

This is on Coogler. RiRi is probably something he lobbied at Feige and Kevin thought it was a good idea considering the character has a solo series coming up and could use the promotion. This film, at least on paper, currently has too many elements to juggle and account for, and I don't see how you can incorporate it all in 2+ hrs and give it all enough time to breathe. I'm getting Spider-man 3 vibes lol.
    Yea the script falls on him (hate to say it). Just recycled stuff. Now TDK and TDKR had car chase scenes. So did CA: Winter Soldier and CA: Civil War. However, Batman and Captain America were still part of those chase scenes.

No T'Challa just reduces the scene. The filmmakers/MCU need to understand that even though I think BP was a great movie...it was T'CHALLA who held everything together. No matter how great the side characters, political commentary, etc. it was held together by him.

So with no T'Challa. Im just shocked they are repeating sequel tropes, but doing it in lesser way.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Co-signed. But at the same time having a shape shifter as a femme fatale in T’Challas rogues gallery seems like too good of an opportunity to pass up.
    Yeah I agree too, I just think she could be a good contrast to T'Challa. Maybe down the line she becomes more anti hero/ anti villain and they can have a moment.

Yea the script falls on him (hate to say it). Just recycled stuff. Now TDK and TDKR had car chase scenes. So did CA: Winter Soldier and CA: Civil War. However, Batman and Captain America were still part of those chase scenes.

No T'Challa just reduces the scene. The filmmakers/MCU need to understand that even though I think BP was a great movie...it was T'CHALLA who held everything together. No matter how great the side characters, political commentary, etc. it was held together by him.

So with no T'Challa. Im just shocked they are repeating sequel tropes, but doing it in lesser way.
    T'Challa was the heart and soul of the franchise. Ots like you said, without T'Challa they will quickly realize how none of the side characters can actually Carry the movie. They all shined when interacting with T'Challa. You need a character with depth and actual personality to carry the movie. You can't just be quippy or a badass. That's not enough and they are going to have this bite them hard

Even if T'challa was in this movie, i'd still be questioning why the hell Ironheart needs to be in it in any substantial way.

T'challa, Nakia, Okoye, Shuri, M'baku, W'kabi, Ramonda, Ross,

Villain + side villain

+ people on the tribal council who could get fleshed out a bit

+ a whole ass country and culture we could explore

Why does this franchise, which is already DEEP and STACKED character wise, need to add some random Iron Man person? If any franchise doesn't need it, it is this one. This isn't a Dr Strange scenario where you have Strange, Wong and pretty much nobody lol.

And then you are telling me the Villain has his whole ass secret country/empire that needs to be fleshed out too?

Good Luck.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 08-21-2021 at 11:33 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Why does this franchise, which is already DEEP and STACKED character wise, need to add some random Iron Man person?

Good Luck.

It's trying to cash in on black girl magic nonsense that looks good on Twitter but it's a battle to get support for it in the real world.

I say this from experience. You can have all the black girl power programs you want but guess who doesn't show up or has ZERO issue finding an excuse to NOT support it.

Like I have said where were all these black girl magic supporters for Proud Mary? Shuri, Riri or Storm's solos? What about Jo on Far Sector? Goldie Vance?

Taking it from a black ma is not an issue with them but supporting actual black girls seem to be an issue. Shuri has to be in the suit not Shuri build herself up like we have seen the women of Spider-Man and Batman have done. Or even She Hulk.

Even if T'challa was in this movie, i'd still be questioning why the hell Ironheart needs to be in it in any substantial way.

Villain + side villain

Why does this franchise, which is already DEEP and STACKED character wise, need to add some random Iron Man person? If any franchise doesn't need it, it is this one. This isn't a Dr Strange scenario where you have Strange, Wong and pretty much nobody lol.

And then you are telling me the Villain has his whole ass secret country/empire that needs to be fleshed out too?

Good Luck.
    Honestly? I guarantee you of T'Challa was around it would be the OG cast plus Namor, and MAYBE Namorita. But because they are (stupidly) removing T'Challa, they are stacking the cast in hopes they can all collectively cover for his absence. Which is dumb as hell

Not on twitter, but I wish someone would reply #RecastT'Challa to her. She's the production designer on BPWF and says this.

Rant for the day: it's weird how the show NCIS: NEW ORLEANS couldn't find any Black Musicians in New Orleans. They shot there for 5 years and consistently feature white musicians. It's not the makeup of the city.
    8:28 AM

Chinchilla Black heart
    @chinchilla1970
    Replying to
    @chinchilla1970
    It's like they really couldn't find Black People in a city that's 60% Black People.
    https://twitter.com/chinchilla1970/s...81127592026114

Where is this energy on Black Panther movie....without the guy who MADE Black Panther a big deal. Where is this energy on the lack of black male actors added to the movie. Again I hate being one of those guys, but black men/particularly the most popular black man being stripped from the biggest black franchise bothers me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Honestly? I guarantee you of T'Challa was around it would be the OG cast plus Namor, and MAYBE Namorita. But because they are (stupidly) removing T'Challa, they are stacking the cast in hopes they can all collectively cover for his absence. Which is dumb as hell

Villain + side villain

Good Luck.
    Well Feige loves his car chase scenes so had to squeeze that in there. Never forget the only reason the Seoul scene happened was because Disney wanted to market to that audience. As someone said people loved the black girl magic in the chase scene last time. So they are trying to replicate that.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It's trying to cash in on black girl magic nonsense that looks good on Twitter but it's a battle to get support for it in the real world.

I say this from experience. You can have all the black girl power programs you want but guess who doesn't show up or has ZERO issue finding an excuse to NOT support it.

Like I have said where were all these black girl magic supporters for Proud Mary? Shuri, Riri or Storm's solos? What about Jo on Far Sector? Goldie Vance?

Taking it from a black man is not an issue with them but supporting actual black girls seem to be an issue. Shuri has to be in the suit not Shuri build herself up like we have seen the women of Spider-Man and Batman have done. Or even She Hulk.
    Don’t forget about how they let a wrinkle in time flop despite everyone from Ava Duvernay to Brie Larson saying how important it was to young Black girls. And how there was this big culture war over the lady Ghostbusters and how they are supposed to be these inspiring role models for girls only for the movie to flop, thus causing Sony to go back and course correct with Ghostbusters Afterlife.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"